Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on January 19, 2021, 08:50:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2021, 06:01:21 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 19, 2021, 05:45:58 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1351567139275223041

I'll believe it when the diggers move in

Not even then, they might use the diggers for demolition and not build anything.

You'd like to think they'll not eat in with demolition without planning, I know they could find a few out of work demolition experts but I think they've been decommissioned
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2021, 08:58:04 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 19, 2021, 08:50:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2021, 06:01:21 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 19, 2021, 05:45:58 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1351567139275223041

I'll believe it when the diggers move in

Not even then, they might use the diggers for demolition and not build anything.

You'd like to think they'll not eat in with demolition without planning, I know they could find a few out of work demolition experts but I think they've been decommissioned

You could set up the digger and charge people to drive it about wrecking the place.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on January 19, 2021, 10:01:59 PM
It's a race between World Peace and new Casement Park

Cancer will be cured before Casement gets its first game!

delgany

Croke Park pulling the funding for Casement and all other infrastructure projects for short to medium term due to Covid impact on income !

trailer

Quote from: delgany on February 16, 2021, 01:38:02 PM
Croke Park pulling the funding for Casement and all other infrastructure projects for short to medium term due to Covid impact on income !

Says the exact opposite here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/56083552

In its financial report for the year ending 31 October, the cost of a lack of gate receipts is laid bare with the GAA now 27.1m euros in debt.

When the deficit at provincial and county level is factored in that figure rises to 34.1m.

The GAA confirmed the losses will not impact on the redevelopment of Casement Park with funding of 15m already ringfenced for the project.

The GAA reported a loss in revenue of 68m euros due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

delgany

Quote from: trailer on February 16, 2021, 02:23:30 PM
Quote from: delgany on February 16, 2021, 01:38:02 PM

Says the exact opposite here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/56083552

In its financial report for the year ending 31 October, the cost of a lack of gate receipts is laid bare with the GAA now 27.1m euros in debt.

When the deficit at provincial and county level is factored in that figure rises to 34.1m.

The GAA confirmed the losses will not impact on the redevelopment of Casement Park with funding of 15m already ringfenced for the project.

The GAA reported a loss in revenue of 68m euros due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Saw that there now too, the GAA said funding was ring fenced but who knows what way it will go

Cavan19

Would there be any other "Amateur Sport" with such volumes of money required to run it?

clarshack

would be some money to build Casement now as the price of materials since the start of the year has sky rocketed.

RedHand88

Quote from: Cavan19 on February 16, 2021, 03:52:13 PM
Would there be any other "Amateur Sport" with such volumes of money required to run it?

Olympics are pretty expensive i guess.

Louther

Project has to have question marks over it again - GAA funding for these projects in doubt and serious questions how the shortfall on current projected costs will be funded. Unlikely to be from GAA pot.

The Louth project in Dundalk also has question marks now, hopefully only a delay rather than a complete stall.

NAG1

Sounds to me like a bit of horse trading in terms of who is going to meet the shortfall, or more like where each party is going to meet on it.

trailer

The NI Executive funds the shortfall. End of story. SF and Nicola Mallon should come out and make that point. No matter if it costs 200m it gets built.