Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Bar the odd bit of nonsense (Cooper didnt pull Clifford back) I definitely think he is worth having on the panel.

If RTE balls about they will lose him - there is no doubt he makes more people tune in that tune out.

GetOverTheBar

He's good value, some days he's just too in your face. I don't like him interrupting other people but that's the barrister in him I suppose.

That said, in person he's a very different person to what he puts on television.

Tubberman

He's a nasty little p***k, good riddance. Hope he's kept off the airwaves.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

t_mac

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 10, 2019, 10:04:36 AM
Quote from: Mayo Border on September 10, 2019, 09:58:21 AM
To Brolly
Goodbye and good luck
And if we never saw your face again
It would be soon enough.

Complete and utter disgrace!! No reason why he should be dropped, great pundit and this decision will be regretted down the line no doubt!

Agree, be no surprise if host had an input - unable to debate - just shouts Joe down time and time again, only reason she is there is because she is a woman.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Taylor on September 10, 2019, 11:38:51 AM
Bar the odd bit of nonsense (Cooper didnt pull Clifford back) I definitely think he is worth having on the panel.

If RTE balls about they will lose him - there is no doubt he makes more people tune in that tune out.

I really doubt at this stage

RedHand88

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 10, 2019, 12:07:26 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 10, 2019, 12:05:21 PM

No, i agree, he is good value and people tune in just for him. RTE have slipped up, wouldnt surprise me if Sky or BBC have him poached by tomorrow morning.

He'd be way out of his depth.

An Fhairche Abu

Not a notion that's true at this stage, RTE have surely realised by now that people will watch their GAA coverage from sheer force of habit regardless of what the standard of it is.
Brolly getting the heave would do nothing but vastly improve their live match coverage and analysis.

trueblue1234

No, i agree, he is good value and people tune in just for him. RTE have slipped up, wouldnt surprise me if Sky or BBC have him poached by tomorrow morning.
Neither would touch him. Tho I'm sure they will be gutted if RTE have axed him. No better advert for Sky than Brolly being on RTE.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

t_mac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 10, 2019, 12:35:51 PM

Neither would touch him. Tho I'm sure they will be gutted if RTE have axed him. No better advert for Sky than Brolly being on RTE.

Get big Sean on with his gucci suits, talking about our Colm, there are worse than Brolly on Sunday Game.

trailer

Quote from: t_mac on September 10, 2019, 12:38:39 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 10, 2019, 12:35:51 PM

Get big Sean on with his gucci suits, talking about our Colm, there are worse than Brolly on Sunday Game.

I'm sure once this is translated into English, Sean and Colm will be deeply offended.

TheOptimist

Quote from: t_mac on September 10, 2019, 11:55:41 AM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 10, 2019, 10:04:36 AM
Quote from: Mayo Border on September 10, 2019, 09:58:21 AM
To Brolly
Goodbye and good luck
And if we never saw your face again
It would be soon enough.

Complete and utter disgrace!! No reason why he should be dropped, great pundit and this decision will be regretted down the line no doubt!

Agree, be no surprise if host had an input - unable to debate - just shouts Joe down time and time again, only reason she is there is because she is a woman.

You might be trolling, but enough of that sh1t. She is a former intercounty player with a long and varied career in sports journalism. Joanne has as much right as any man or woman to be in the job.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: yellowcard on September 09, 2019, 10:45:22 PM
Apparently Joe has been dropped by RTÉ for the AI final replay live programme.

Can’t imagine that he will take too kindly to this apparent snub. Could this be the start of the phasing out process.

Great news and hopefully he's dropped long term. I see he had to apologise to David Gough and had to admit he was wrong on his view on the Kerry penalty and Cooper sending off.  A humbling experience all round for him.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 10, 2019, 01:17:51 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 10, 2019, 01:15:09 PM

Can't imagine that he will take too kindly to this apparent snub. Could this be the start of the phasing out process.

Great news and hopefully he's dropped long term. I see he had to apologise to David Gough and had to admit he was wrong on his view on the Kerry penalty and Cooper sending off.  A humbling experience all round for him.

For someone who has his name as Captain Obvious, i can only presume its a joke, because you are failing to see the obvious here, that its a mistake brolly was dropped.
Why is it a mistake?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 10, 2019, 01:17:51 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 10, 2019, 01:15:09 PM

Can't imagine that he will take too kindly to this apparent snub. Could this be the start of the phasing out process.

For someone who has his name as Captain Obvious, i can only presume its a joke, because you are failing to see the obvious here, that its a mistake brolly was dropped.

You are worse than those online bots that follows/supports Donald Trump  ;D

BennyCake

I'm more than happy listening to Sidey, Oisin and Marty, thank you very much.