Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2019, 09:33:09 AM
Breheny leading the charge against Donegal's Motion

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/martin-breheny-super-8s-farce-makes-congress-clr-while-major-issues-ignored-37833926.html

He's not. He's saying it should be discussed at CC or CCCC but can't be because it's in the GAA laws so therefore has to be discussed at Congress..his words re the motion are:

"The Donegal argument is that playing two of three games in Croke Park is an advantage for Dublin, a case that's difficult to argue against."

dublin7

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/martin-breheny-super-8s-farce-makes-congress-clr-while-major-issues-ignored-37833926.html

As usual like alot of posters on this MB your anti dub bitterness has you posting rubbish and lies.

Martin makes quite reasonable points that there could have been far more important issues addressed at congress this weekend such as player welfare and fixture congestion rather than all the focus on the unfair advantage dubs have in croker super 8s (which he agrees with) He also points out there are no motions submitted  to amend the ridiculous and unfair structures in the provincial championships

But I'm sure the auld reliables on this MB will use this to bleat on again about Dublin money

Rossfan

Some squaking and squealing by the Dublin crew and their media army.
The Donegal Motion has ye spooked alright.
Otherwise Fixtures etc would be raised in the article without ridiculing and belittling Donegal's motion.

The organising of Provincial Championships is a matter for the Provincial Councils by the way.

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2019, 11:10:12 AM
Some squaking and squealing by the Dublin crew and their media army.
The Donegal Motion has ye spooked alright.
Otherwise Fixtures etc would be raised in the article without ridiculing and belittling Donegal's motion.

The organising of Provincial Championships is a matter for the Provincial Councils by the way.

He doesn't ridicule the motion. He ridiculed small minded people like yourself!!! who are obsessed with small things while important things such as player welfare and fixture chaos isn't even being discussed

Rossfan

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: dublin7 on February 20, 2019, 10:38:55 AM

As usual like alot of posters on this MB your anti dub bitterness has you posting rubbish and lies.

Martin makes quite reasonable points that there could have been far more important issues addressed at congress this weekend such as player welfare and fixture congestion rather than all the focus on the unfair advantage dubs have in croker super 8s (which he agrees with) He also points out there are no motions submitted  to amend the ridiculous and unfair structures in the provincial championships

But I'm sure the auld reliables on this MB will use this to bleat on again about Dublin money
like the  financial doping of Dublin?
like re-balancing funding to other leinster counties?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 20, 2019, 01:06:09 PM

Do you seriously think Meath and Kildare will become forces again if they just had a few more quid? Its that simple?

priceyreilly

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 20, 2019, 01:50:09 PM

Do you seriously think Meath and Kildare will become forces again if they just had a few more quid? Its that simple?

Well, it worked with Dublin! What you forget or more likely, what all Dublin supporters want us to forget, is that Dublin were struggling prior to the doping. Their senior footballers were beaten by Westmeath and Laois in previous seasons, they'd only won one All Ireland in 22 years. Their hurlers were also losing to Laois and Westmeath, they never won anything with their own players. At underage, titles were scarce in both codes. 1 All Ireland since 1984.
Then what happened? The Bertie bonanza! Since then Dublin have won 6 football All Ireland's, their hurlers won their first ever provincial championship. At underage, they have won 7 All Ireland's in both codes. A complete turn around. So guess what? Money works!

TheGreatest

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 20, 2019, 02:30:44 PM

Well, it worked with Dublin! What you forget or more likely, what all Dublin supporters want us to forget, is that Dublin were struggling prior to the doping. Their senior footballers were beaten by Westmeath and Laois in previous seasons, they'd only won one All Ireland in 22 years. Their hurlers were also losing to Laois and Westmeath, they never won anything with their own players. At underage, titles were scarce in both codes. 1 All Ireland since 1984.
Then what happened? The Bertie bonanza! Since then Dublin have won 6 football All Ireland's, their hurlers won their first ever provincial championship. At underage, they have won 7 All Ireland's in both codes. A complete turn around. So guess what? Money works!

Just maybe your right as seen in Limerick hurling and previously in Tyrone (millions invested, centre of excellence etc). If treating all equally then their wins are tainted and financially doped to win their success . . . .

Yawn.

priceyreilly

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 20, 2019, 02:36:35 PM

Just maybe your right as seen in Limerick hurling and previously in Tyrone (millions invested, centre of excellence etc). If treating all equally then their wins are tainted and financially doped to win their success . . . .

Yawn.

;D No way, is that deflection I see? I've never seen that before from a Dub. Yawnnnnnnn!

You are free to argue against everything I've said. Tell me why you think I'm wrong, I've provided facts and figures, what have you got as a counter argument? Tell me why you don't think Dublin are financially doped.

TheGreatest

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 20, 2019, 02:50:32 PM

Yawn.

;D No way, is that deflection I see? I've never seen that before from a Dub. Yawnnnnnnn!

You are free to argue against everything I've said. Tell me why you think I'm wrong, I've provided facts and figures, what have you got as a counter argument? Tell me why you don't think Dublin are financially doped.

I have written about 100 posts on this matter and numerous threads, if will do so again, if you can state why Limerick Hurling and Tyrone football are not in the same bracket, financially doped!?

priceyreilly

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 20, 2019, 03:06:38 PM

Yawn.

I have written about 100 posts on this matter and numerous threads, if will do so again, if you can state why Limerick Hurling and Tyrone football are not in the same bracket, financially doped!?

;D I'm not new to this game. I've heard all the abuse, all the lies and yes, all the deflection. There's tonnes of it. Limerick hurling or Tyrone football are completely irrelevant. They have nothing to do with the financial doping of Dublin. You will not discuss Dublin's doping no matter what answer I give. It shows how desperate and weak the defence of Dublin is when the only response is abuse, deflection or lies.

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 20, 2019, 03:29:51 PM

Yawn.

;D I'm not new to this game. I've heard all the abuse, all the lies and yes, all the deflection. There's tonnes of it. Limerick hurling or Tyrone football are completely irrelevant. They have nothing to do with the financial doping of Dublin. You will not discuss Dublin's doping no matter what answer I give. It shows how desperate and weak the defence of Dublin is when the only response is abuse, deflection or lies.

So what your saying is Dublin money counts, but with Tyrone it  doesnt. I didn't realise Brexit had kicked in already. I thought we had until March 29th or do you just not recognise that part of the country as being part of this island??

TheGreatest

Quote from: dublin7 on February 20, 2019, 03:46:40 PM
Quote from: priceyreilly on February 20, 2019, 03:29:51 PM

Yawn.

So what your saying is Dublin money counts, but with Tyrone it  doesnt. I didn't realise Brexit had kicked in already. I thought we had until March 29th or do you just not recognise that part of the country as being part of this island??

You add Cork to that list, a stadium, sure that's an unfair advantage, built it in Leitrim.