Leitrim Club football

Started by Aghdavoyle, June 20, 2007, 12:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aghdavoyle

AhFeckRef

Billys Boots

No shortage around here AFR - any surprises possible in Leitrim Championship this year?  Bornacoola a flash in the pan?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

I was told there are a few Polish lads playing for St. Mary's who are through to the semi finals of the championship - is it true? Great if it is. As I predicted a couple of years ago once Leitrim GAA integrate the massive physiques of the Eastern Europeans with the innate passion and stubborness of the Leitrm man they will become all conquering!

Just checked a match report and there weren't any Polish looking names playing in the last game anyway. Thought it was dodgy info when I heard it.

45GoneShort

Down to the final two in Laytrum.  St.Marys (Carrick) v Kiltubrid.  Should be a very tight game Kiltubrid who won it in 2005 are improving with every game losing to Melvin Gaels in the first and beating Manor, Mohill (champs 07) and Bornacoola favourites for championship in semi-final.  Marys are always in contention due to simple maths they have a greater pick of players than any other club.  There progress has been more low key compared to Kiltubrid with good solid wins against Allen Gaels, Annaduff and Carrigallen after losing to Bornacoola in their opening match.  Interesting  both sides lost their opening matchs.  In my opinion this game may well come down to the battle between Shane Foley at CB and Jimmy Guckian at CF.  Jimmy is the driving force behind this Carrick side while Foley has had a solid championship to date.

magpie seanie

Two years ago we met Kiltubrid in the Connacht club championship. They are back in a county final while we are looking like heading down to intermediate.

Owenmoresider

Senior FC - Final Kiltubrid 2-03 0-11 St. Marys

Intermediate FC - Final Aughavas 0-06 0-13 Drumreilly

Junior A FC - Final Annaduff 2-11 1-11 Carrigallen

ACL Division 1 St. Caillins 0-06 2-11 Bornacoola
ACL Division 1 Glencar/Manor 0-12 0-07 Melvin Gaels
ACL Division 1 Mohill 1-09 3-08 Carrigallen

ACL Division 2 Aughnasheelin 0-08 0-09 Gortletteragh
ACL Division 2 Ballinaglera 1-04 2-14 Sean O Heslins
ACL Division 2 Glenfarne/Kilty 2-14 1-10 Cloone

Junior B FC - Semi-final Glencar/Manor 1-07 2-07 Annaduff

Junior C FC: Group 1 St. Osnatts 1-13 2-06 Gortletteragh

Junior C FC: Group 2 Sean O Heslins 1-14 2-04 Glenfarne/Kilty

Mary's won it out in the end. Kiltubrid got a goal near the end to keep in it but missed two scoreable frees. So whoever emerges from our dogfight here will have Carrick entered on the Sat-Nav. Intermediate seemed to be a tame affair, Drumreilly won handy.

magpie seanie

Seems Annaduff won Junior A (their second team) and are in Junior B final. Some achievement.