Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Bit of talk circulating about United being in for Christian Eriksen.

nrico2006

Bleak season coming up.  No new midfielders when we in reality were poor there last year and have lost players from that area.  Not enough goals scored yet no forwards added, shocking that we were linked with Mandzukic.  Should have bought Aldeweireld too.  Eriksen is available but that wont happen either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ethan Tremblay

Think Maguire is a good bit of business, price extortionate but the money floating around at the moment is dictating transfers.  Think everyone agrees this was their weakest area so good to get someone in that has potential.   

Don't compare a transfer 10 years ago to now, there is only 1 other player in football at the moment who is worth more than Ronaldo, but again the money going for players is ridiculous.   

Read Dybala was asking for crazy wages to join and United are best staying away from that type of player to be honest as if he really wanted to play for United he would have met them in the middle. 

Not sure how the forward line is going to fair as it is but can't see who they are going to get in at the moment?

I'm hopefully a more assured looking backline will allow united to force more attacking play this year overall.  The general consensus was there lack of control at the back hindered the team as a whole last season. 

Optimistic for them this year.  Honestly their aim should be top 4 minimum.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

trailer

The best bit of business Utd did this window is not signing Dybala. Players should want to play for Utd and to win trophies. Not earn huge wages. Hopefully a line in the sand from now on. Mercenaries not wanted.

magpie seanie

Midfield would concern me though having a better defense and Maguire who can play/pass out from the back will help the existing midfield players. Herrera is still a loss. Fred showed some signs of life last season and really needs to kick on. Matic can do better you'd imagine/hope and McTominay developed nicely last season. We'll see....an area of concern surely but perhaps it might just work out.

If Lukaku goes United need a replacement. While he wasn't always top level he got the goals against the lower teams that won games. I just worry that Rashford and Martial - exciting and world class as I believe they are - aren't going to score enough goals.

Agree that NOT signing Dybala is good. United have been caught out too many times in recent years on that one....good to see they're siging lads who want to play for the club more than get paid as much as possible.

screenexile

Will the Eriksen deal happen?? Seems strange to go to United in his position and forfeit Champions League football. At best United will be on a par with Spurs in the league.

oakleaflad

Quote from: screenexile on August 06, 2019, 01:50:10 PM
Will the Eriksen deal happen?? Seems strange to go to United in his position and forfeit Champions League football. At best United will be on a par with Spurs in the league.
Not sure if it will happen but wouldn't think it too strange. United are a much bigger club and probably have a better chance of winning trophies in the near future.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on August 06, 2019, 12:41:06 PM
The best bit of business Utd did this window is not signing Dybala. Players should want to play for Utd and to win trophies. Not earn huge wages. Hopefully a line in the sand from now on. Mercenaries not wanted.

I'll have whatever your smoking.

Some young lad from Argentina dreams about playing for the Glazers at Manchester Utd PLC....

All modern footballers are mercenaries.

screenexile

Quote from: oakleaflad on August 06, 2019, 01:55:32 PM
Not sure if it will happen but wouldn't think it too strange. United are a much bigger club and probably have a better chance of winning trophies in the near future.

Based on??

oakleaflad

Quote from: screenexile on August 06, 2019, 03:43:17 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on August 06, 2019, 01:55:32 PM

Based on??
He currently plays for Spurs

lurganblue

If he goes then surely it will be based on his significant pay increase.

screenexile

Quote from: lurganblue on August 06, 2019, 04:02:45 PM
If he goes then surely it will be based on his significant pay increase.

Now that makes more sense!!!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 06, 2019, 12:46:00 PM
Midfield would concern me though having a better defense and Maguire who can play/pass out from the back will help the existing midfield players. Herrera is still a loss. Fred showed some signs of life last season and really needs to kick on. Matic can do better you'd imagine/hope and McTominay developed nicely last season. We'll see....an area of concern surely but perhaps it might just work out.

If Lukaku goes United need a replacement. While he wasn't always top level he got the goals against the lower teams that won games. I just worry that Rashford and Martial - exciting and world class as I believe they are - aren't going to score enough goals.

Agree that NOT signing Dybala is good. United have been caught out too many times in recent years on that one....good to see they're siging lads who want to play for the club more than get paid as much as possible.

Midfield would be a big concern alright, take Pogba out and you would championship teams with stronger and better midfields than United currently have. Herrera let go and not replaced is another example of poorly ran the club is currently.

With wages demands and not really wanting to come to United Dybala looked like another Di Maria. Will interesting to see much game time Ole will give to Gomes,Greenwood,Garner,Chong this season will he trust them with a few PL starts instead of 10 or 15 minutes cameo appearances?

snoopdog

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 06, 2019, 06:22:30 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 06, 2019, 12:46:00 PM

Midfield would be a big concern alright, take Pogba out and you would championship teams with stronger and better midfields than United currently have. Herrera let go and not replaced is another example of poorly ran the club is currently.

With wages demands and not really wanting to come to United Dybala looked like another Di Maria. Will interesting to see much game time Ole will give to Gomes,Greenwood,Garner,Chong this season will he trust them with a few PL starts instead of 10 or 15 minutes cameo appearances?
Greenwood deserves a go
Chong hasnt showed anything in previous 1st team competive outings although limited. Gomes and garner haven't really had much of a chance might get Europe league game time.

rodney trotter

Spurs in talks with Dybala, 70m fee. He'd probaly go there, Champion League, argentine manager and attraction of London.