Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iorras

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2019, 11:10:47 AM
Oh come on, all the money from the Sky deal works it's way back to the clubs dubs.
Fixed that for ya there hardstation

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2019, 12:07:36 PM
Quote from: iorras on August 07, 2019, 12:03:54 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2019, 11:10:47 AM
Oh come on, all the money from the Sky deal works it's way back to the clubs dubs.
Fixed that for ya there hardstation
Nonsense. There are struggling clubs all over the country who depend on this money. Indeed, selling all of the rights to our games to Sky will see our national games thrive at local level.

Genuinely.

Are you being sarcastic?

screenexile

Aaron Boone

Quote from: trailer on August 07, 2019, 11:49:59 AM
Quote from: t_mac on August 07, 2019, 11:43:24 AM
Quote from: WhoDat on August 07, 2019, 11:33:03 AM
very interesting that joe and friends have nothing to say about the ticket fiasco currently going on for the semi finals. they'll bicker and whinge for weeks on end about the sky deal, but when it comes to real fans and club members and the like being shafted by the gaa you dont hear a peep out of them. because it has no effect on them. joe brolly and the likes really only care about themselves and their jobs.

Real fans your hole, this the the bandwagoners jumping on at this stage, I doubt any real fan will be denied a ticket.

I have never seen a real fan denied a ticket. For last years All Ireland final (Football) there was a heap of tickets.
The whole coverage of our games is a mess. Antrim V Tyrone was on TV this year yet Tyrone V Derry 1st round wasn't.

GAA games shouldn't be behind a paywall. I have actually changed my mind on this but if you see young children watching sport on TV it encourages them to go and play it. My son was mad to play Rugby after watching the 6nations, crazy for Tennis in July and is mad for GAA. Hurling & Football. And no amount of €s or £s will be able to replicate that. If children can't see, they can't aspire and if they can't aspire, they can't be.

Cricket and rugby league are suffering at youth level in England. Kids don't see the games on normal tv. At least RTE still show good amounts of GAA.

t_mac

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2019, 11:49:29 AM
You must be well in getting 4 AI Final tickets  ::)

There's plenty around the same four of us went to the 2017 All Ireland Final also as well as both semis then and in 2018 - maybe you are one of these posting here no tickets whilst doing feck all to source one.  ::)

screenexile

very interesting that joe and friends have nothing to say about the ticket fiasco currently going on for the semi finals. they'll bicker and whinge for weeks on end about the sky deal, but when it comes to real fans and club members and the like being shafted by the gaa you dont hear a peep out of them. because it has no effect on them. joe brolly and the likes really only care about themselves and their jobs.

Real fans your hole, this the the bandwagoners jumping on at this stage, I doubt any real fan will be denied a ticket.

You don't think there will be some disappointed fans this weekend not getting to the Dubs/Mayo match??!! What is a 'real fan' anyway??

I'm not able to get to as many games as used to or would like to with a young family but I help out with underage at the club and sell tickets when I can do I count as a real fan? Does someone who goes to every County match but doesn't bother with their club count??!!

I'd love to know the definition of a 'real fan'!

blanketattack

Money can't be used as an excuse for Sky (and I have no problem with Sky getting GAA rights) as the money offered by TV3 was virtually the same.

t_mac

Quote from: screenexile on August 07, 2019, 12:21:59 PM

You don't think there will be some disappointed fans this weekend not getting to the Dubs/Mayo match??!! What is a 'real fan' anyway??

I'm not able to get to as many games as used to or would like to with a young family but I help out with underage at the club and sell tickets when I can do I count as a real fan? Does someone who goes to every County match but doesn't bother with their club count??!!

I would say someone who's interest isn't sparked in the summer by a bit of hype around their team, Dublin has a huge population granted but as none of their matches have been close to sell outs I'd say those with any real interest are catered for OK for this one.

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on August 07, 2019, 12:21:59 PM

If you go to games and don't belong to a club you can buy a season ticket.
There's always heaps of tickets.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 07, 2019, 12:21:02 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 07, 2019, 11:49:59 AM

I have never seen a real fan denied a ticket. For last years All Ireland final (Football) there was a heap of tickets.
The whole coverage of our games is a mess. Antrim V Tyrone was on TV this year yet Tyrone V Derry 1st round wasn't.

GAA games shouldn't be behind a paywall. I have actually changed my mind on this but if you see young children watching sport on TV it encourages them to go and play it. My son was mad to play Rugby after watching the 6nations, crazy for Tennis in July and is mad for GAA. Hurling & Football. And no amount of €s or £s will be able to replicate that. If children can't see, they can't aspire and if they can't aspire, they can't be.

Cricket and rugby league are suffering at youth level in England. Kids don't see the games on normal tv. At least RTE still show good amounts of GAA.

Rugby league was dying on its arse until Sky got the rights to show it.
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Quote from: t_mac on August 07, 2019, 12:21:37 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2019, 11:49:29 AM
You must be well in getting 4 AI Final tickets  ::)

There's plenty around the same four of us went to the 2017 All Ireland Final also as well as both semis then and in 2018 - maybe you are one of these posting here no tickets whilst doing feck all to source one.  ::)

It's just that I have no interest in paying big money to see other Counties' games.
I'd prefer to be one of the 50 at a Club game than be arsing around Croke Park when Ros aren't there.
Anyway Ros CB would only get around 200 AI tickets , if even that which nearly all go to CB officers, Club Chair and Sec and sponsors.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sam03/05

Harte is wrong about  the free to air stuff
But he's right - the likes of Brolly are just using 'the old people's home as a way to get at sky'
They couldn't give a shit about old people in homes.

RedHand88

Quote from: blanketattack on August 07, 2019, 12:24:22 PM
Money can't be used as an excuse for Sky (and I have no problem with Sky getting GAA rights) as the money offered by TV3 was virtually the same.

Sky is available in 32 counties, TV3 only available in 26.

BennyCake

Is TV3 not called Virgin Media 1 now?

GJL

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2019, 01:02:51 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 07, 2019, 12:24:22 PM

Sky is available in 32 counties, TV3 only available in 26.

Sky is showing the games well beyond the 32 counties. As well the standard of pundits on sky is much superior RTE.