Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

You believe a Dublin player actually texted him?

:o

tonto1888

Not particularly but Id like to know who he reckons sent them

Keyser soze

Quote from: trileacman on January 28, 2018, 09:22:18 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 28, 2018, 09:19:30 PM
Would anyone expect that Alan Shearer and Harry's Kane might have each other's number and might pop a wee text when there's a story of interest to both? Or maybe George Hook and Jonny Sexton?

I would.

And as such I don't think it would be even slightly unusual for high profile GAA players to send text messages to the highest profile pundits, and vice versa. There's a network in place and they're all part of it.

There's more chance of joe being called to line out for the Dublin seniors than Johnny sexton sending a clampit like George hook a text. What f**king planet are you living on?

Hahahahaha

caprea

James McCarthy more than likely, he hung out with him in Boston in 2016. Not sure who else.

He could be just lying.

Brolly is a chancer. It's the lads who think they are getting the truth when they listen or read him I worry for.

LeoMc

Quote from: trileacman on January 28, 2018, 09:25:30 PM
Anyone have joe's number there?

I'd like to text him and tell him he's talking through his hole. Judging by his articles he must get more calls in a year than the Samaritans.
Don't. He will be quoting you next.
"a high profile Tyrone footballer, texted me this week to say I was more popular than the Samaritans. I wont say who it was to save his blushes but he was from the same club as Sean Donnelly who once hit Jim McConville who said to me when he was parking cars,....... I was told the same thing by X, weren't the old days great, I wish I was still playing, when does this mid-life crisis end?"

BennyCake

Brolly says things aggressively and forcefully and you nearly believe it yourself, even though you know he's full of shite. He does it for a living everyday in court, so he's used to spinning shite.

longballin

Apart from correctly calling out GPA, SKY deal, Tyrone's tactics...

caprea

Quote from: longballin on January 29, 2018, 04:46:10 PM

2 years ago he said Tyrone would ambush Dublin..how'd that work out?...he hasn't a notion and nobody that matters listens to him.

longballin

Quote from: caprea on January 29, 2018, 05:17:56 PM

2 years ago he said Tyrone would ambush Dublin..how'd that work out?...he hasn't a notion and nobody that matters listens to him.

sounds like you listen to him  ;D

Lar Naparka

He did even worse. Shortly after Tyrone won their last AI, Brolly went overboard with his praise for Mickey and his merry men. According to Brolly, Tyrone  would be the dominant force in Gaelic football for a long time to come.
It was all a matter of finance and with Tyrone making the most of what they were getting by way of community funding, arising from the GFA, they had the structures in place, from underage to senior level to burn off any opposition, no matter where it came from. Others in the Six were getting money too but weren't spending it as wisely as Tyrone.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

caprea

Quote from: longballin on January 29, 2018, 05:23:31 PM

Well he's hard to avoid. It's the poor unfortunates who think they are getting an insight into modern intercounty football from him that I feel sorry. He's good for an insight on 90s football and the under 16s he coaches and that's it.

GetOverTheBar

Used to really like Brolly, most recent attack on Aiden O'Shea is terrible stuff though. Can't really dress it up any other way.

longballin

Quote from: caprea on January 29, 2018, 05:28:48 PM

Well he's hard to avoid. It's the poor unfortunates who think they are getting an insight into modern intercounty football from him that I feel sorry. He's good for an insight on 90s football and the under 16s he coaches and that's it.

I think he's fairly clued in out the GPA and SKY and I feel sorry for the poor unfortunate who is bought in by Murdock and elitism if it's any consolation

mrdeeds

Mr anti elitism and yet so far up Dublin's arse. Irony.

caprea

Quote from: longballin on January 29, 2018, 05:31:08 PM
Quote from: caprea on January 29, 2018, 05:28:48 PM

I think he's fairly clued in out the GPA and SKY and I feel sorry for the poor unfortunate who is bought in by Murdock and elitism if it's any consolation

Good luck with that, it really seems the GAA are taking huge notice.