Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 26, 2019, 11:35:10 PM
Yes but the manner Kilcoo beat teams out the gate winning it then beating Downpatrick by 30 points. They deserve some credit for winning it. Can't see past the big 4 again for the semi finals
Burren
Kilcoo
CPN
Mayobridge

What are you on, you are having some serious delusions here?

Smurfy123

Finished joint second in the league with Mayobridge
Semi final of championship
League
1 Burren
2 Mayobridge
2 CPN
4 Kilcoo

Championship
Semi final
CPN V Kilcoo
Mayobridge v Burren

What is delusional about that you muppet?
Come up with some shite excuse but CPN are now a top 4 club in Down until someone can move us.

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 27, 2019, 12:02:04 PM
Finished joint second in the league with Mayobridge
Semi final of championship
League
1 Burren
2 Mayobridge
2 CPN
4 Kilcoo

Championship
Semi final
CPN V Kilcoo
Mayobridge v Burren

What is delusional about that you muppet?
Come up with some shite excuse but CPN are now a top 4 club in Down until someone can move us.

Classy response, poor sign when you have to resort to insults.

Your compelling evidence from last year makes it clear that Warrenpoint are now a Top 4 club in Down, how wrong I have been. I hope you had a big night celebrating your joint second in the league  ???

terrifictommy

Did you know call him delusional? And you now seek the moral high ground, that's a bit rich.

His logic does stack up. Who else would replace CPN in the 4?

Lotto

Quote from: terrifictommy on April 27, 2019, 07:02:48 PM

Did you know call him delusional? And you now seek the moral high ground, that's a bit rich.

His logic does stack up. Who else would replace CPN in the 4?

Sweet f**k.

Smurfy123

Lotto u mug how are we not a top 4 club? Top 4 and semi final of the championship would suggest we are unless you have some other treason as to why we are not? At this present time CPN are in the top 4. Might change next year but we are

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 27, 2019, 08:40:31 PM
Lotto u mug how are we not a top 4 club? Top 4 and semi final of the championship would suggest we are unless you have some other treason as to why we are not? At this present time CPN are in the top 4. Might change next year but we are

No treason at all, you have proved me wrong. I hope you have another successful year being satisfied with mediocrity.

Smurfy123

Mediocrity competing with the only 3 teams that have won championships this past 20 years? You have not a clue what you are talking about. CPN rubbing shoulders with Kilcoo Burren and Mayobridge is mediocre? How do you work that out?

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 27, 2019, 09:42:55 PM
Mediocrity competing with the only 3 teams that have won championships this past 20 years? You have not a clue what you are talking about. CPN rubbing shoulders with Kilcoo Burren and Mayobridge is mediocre? How do you work that out?

Ah man, stop before you embarrass yourself and St Peters any further. You would also be better getting your facts right as you can often be left looking like an ass.

Cuan12

How did the so called top 4 go this week Smurf?

Smurfy123

Well 2 of them won.
Kilcoo and Burren were playing each other
CPN had a great win

Cuan12

Division 1 results so far would suggest Smurfs assumption that Warrenpoint are in top 4 seems to be flawed given Clonduff are unbeaten,, Mayonridge getting beat by Loughinisland , does anyone else on here think that the league is getting more competitive which hopefully feeds into a better county team.
Matches I have watched have been in the main good high scoring tight games, refs make good games, the whistle happy ones destroy games and frustrate players, there are quality refs out there who referee with no quarter asked no quarter given their thinking and it's good to watch , I hate to see lazy frees which are easy to give by the ref, when Paul Higgins, DJ, POR,John Kelly etc played , they give frees away reluctantly but if they did the recipient knee they had earned a free, I know some will say different game different time and their right but referees then seemed to let the players play and come into contact.Anyway Smurf next few weeks will be interesting , and then the championship, my tip for an upset , watch Castlewellan game.

Ed Hardy

Not the worst performance from Down yesterday,  James Guinness caught the eye,  I think that was his 1st game Down. McGrady also put in decent shift I thought. The biggest problem was  the same as the national league, slow build up meant Donegal were able to get their players back and cover around the full forward. But they opened up more in 2nd half and moved it quicker.

Team for armagh game;

Burns
Ryan Mc A
Wells
Collins
O Hagan
McKernan
J Guinness
Mooney
Poland
D Guinness
P Devlin
McGrady
R Johnson
O Hare
Harrison

Also that's some pitch Tullylish have now.

snoopdog

Quote from: Ed Hardy on May 06, 2019, 08:25:57 AM
Not the worst performance from Down yesterday,  James Guinness caught the eye,  I think that was his 1st game Down. McGrady also put in decent shift I thought. The biggest problem was  the same as the national league, slow build up meant Donegal were able to get their players back and cover around the full forward. But they opened up more in 2nd half and moved it quicker.

Team for armagh game;

Burns
Ryan Mc A
Wells
Collins
O Hagan
McKernan
J Guinness
Mooney
Poland
D Guinness
P Devlin
McGrady
R Johnson
O Hare
Harrison

Also that's some pitch Tullylish have now.
What was the score?

Cuan12

There's a few mentioned in previous posts that are simply not up to task ahead, can't see Paddy Talky picking players who don't play his way or who can't , we need a team not 15 individuals and what has been posted as the potential line up has too many individuals.