Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Ruairi McCormack CPN
Aardan McAvoy Burren
Declan McClements Loughinisland
Ryan Martin Mayobridge

This is probably Down's best underage team in many years and I would expect them to get to at least an ulster final. Some serious players on that team

Targetman

One missing is Cathal Gorman (NEWRY Shamrocks)

Ambrose

There is the makings of a fine footballer in Finn McElroy, if he could just keep focused on the game itself.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Nanderson

Quote from: Ambrose on May 31, 2019, 03:26:32 PM
There is the makings of a fine footballer in Finn McElroy, if he could just keep focused on the game itself.
He played against our club a few weeks back and bombed up and down the pitch from full back. Serious athlete that will probably be better suited to half back once he has more experiance

Smurfy123

CPN beat again last night against an average Downpatrick side. We have started the season off very poorly and look a shadow of the team that played so well last year. Looking at the league table and I'm starting to worry anyone on 7 teams look likely to get dragged in. Burren Kilcoo Clonduff and Loughinisland pulling away from the rest. It is a massive 3 weeks ahead for us.

charlieTully

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 01, 2019, 09:18:38 AM
CPN beat again last night against an average Downpatrick side. We have started the season off very poorly and look a shadow of the team that played so well last year. Looking at the league table and I'm starting to worry anyone on 7 teams look likely to get dragged in. Burren Kilcoo Clonduff and Loughinisland pulling away from the rest. It is a massive 3 weeks ahead for us.

at least you are in the big 4. cant take that away from.

Smurfy123

Are we not? I really don't know where the argument is here
Semi final of championship
CPN
BURREN
MAYOBRIDGE
KILCOO

League finish
BURREN
MAYOBRIDGE
CPN
KILCOO

What am I missing

Brick Tamlin

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Ed Hardy

Another impressive win for the u20's this evening against Meath, any idea of the starting 15? Down Twitter account is pretty much useless.

Rodders88

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 01, 2019, 09:18:38 AM
CPN beat again last night against an average Downpatrick side. We have started the season off very poorly and look a shadow of the team that played so well last year. Looking at the league table and I’m starting to worry anyone on 7 teams look likely to get dragged in. Burren Kilcoo Clonduff and Loughinisland pulling away from the rest. It is a massive 3 weeks ahead for us.

Smurfy....would hardly say Loughinisland are pulling away from the rest. The 3 teams directly below them (CPN, Mayobridge & Rostrevor) are only a point behind  :o

Ed Hardy

Any word of the Down team for Sunday being named? Are Donnelly and Ryan Johnson still out injured?

supersub

snoopdog

I see Dubs get their red cards cancelled but no other county does.

Mourne Rover

Mooney's red card was dubious but, if the authorities were really out to get us, he could have had his suspension extended for the incidents on the pitch at the end of normal time. He was involved in very similar conduct at the final whistle in his previous championship appearance, against Cavan last summer. While Mooney is a very talented player, and capable of turning a match on a good day, he is not a teenager any more and he must know that he is not much use to the team when sitting in the stand.

Tally surprised most of us by starting his named team in the USC but there must be a fair chance of a couple of late changes tomorrow. It is likely to be a  tight game in which a repeat of the overall Armagh performance, apart from carrying the ball into tackles, might get us over the line. The big concern is our erratic home form against a side who have an excellent record on the road.