17 year old found decapitated and dismembered in gangland feud

Started by Saffrongael, January 15, 2020, 09:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Asking whether weed or alcohol is more harmful is not a very simple question...

Benny someone said the gardai said it wasn't him in the video.

southtyronegael

There was a huge, worldwide study couple of years ago on the social effects of drugs ( health, crime rates, murder rates etc) must have been over a hundred different drugs in the study and the most harmful overall by some distance was alcohol.

imtommygunn

I have seen some very unhealthy effects of weed - alcohol too. Both very different on how they impact people. Alcohol possibly more outwardly obvious but the paranoia created by excessive use of weed is not very nice at all either.

trailer

Quote from: Eire90 on January 17, 2020, 09:07:21 PM
I Hear there is men in building sites doing coke on weekdays up and down the country.

The absolute state of this. Away and have a word with yourself.

general_lee

Too much of anything isn't going to be good for you. Fast food, energy drinks, nicotine, alcohol, weed, cocaine. Stupid arguing that cannabis is bad for you, because you know a chronic user who now lives as a hermit.

imtommygunn

Exactly. One pint isn't bad for you and one spliff or whatever won't wreck you either, it is basically the abuse of it in either case that wrecks people.

tonto1888

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 18, 2020, 02:54:15 PM
Exactly. One pint isn't bad for you and one spliff or whatever won't wreck you either, it is basically the abuse of it in either case that wrecks people.

I think one difference is that buying weed goes to fund these gangs and hence the violence. Buying Alcohol doesn't.
As someone in recovery I know all about the dangers of alcohol tho

GetOverTheBar

I think there is a lack of education really on substances, then it becomes really an easy thing to blur the lines of.

Alcohol is a depressant, it slows down the CNS. Weed or whatever term we want to use is also a depressant and similar slows the body down. Then we see young ones steamed, in a pile and it's all too easy to say "must be on drugs". By their make up and effects its pretty easy to compare the two here, to some they are harmless - to others unfortunately they can become a bit of cycle. In my book they are both drugs, one may bring in a bit of tax to the Govt. but that doesn't make one 'better' than the other, it's also the attitudes to both that are a bit worrying, sure it's only a few pints....etc.

It's the ones on Coke/Speed or the most dangerous of the lot, the former legal highs (if it's even so big these days) that you would never suspect, up chatting away, good craic and very friendly "Ah he's a great lad, full of craic".....these drugs are stimulants and by their very nature means that the user is probably more likely to come across as harmless, if not a bit loud, say. Obviously what goes up, must come down so the mind takes the brunt here as opposed to the body, like you wouldn't feel as crap as you would after a night on the pints and you'd still be able to function half decent the next day which is what makes this particular group dangerous.

Opiates....I don't know what would drive someone to that or even think about it, but essentially the timer to the end of your life starts when you dabble in these.

mouview

This 24-year old currently detained on breaching bail conditions, is he ...you know... the one...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mouview on January 20, 2020, 11:18:44 PM
This 24-year old currently detained on breaching bail conditions, is he ...you know... the one...
Going by news reports earlier, it seems the Gardai thinks he probably is.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2020, 08:40:36 AM
I Hear there is men in building sites doing coke on weekdays up and down the country.

I genuinely don't understand this.  Are you saying it isn't true?  Or that it shouldn't be said? Or what?  Plenty of people in construction, as in many walks of life, use coke.

Keyser soze

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 18, 2020, 07:44:26 AM
There was a huge, worldwide study couple of years ago on the social effects of drugs ( health, crime rates, murder rates etc) must have been over a hundred different drugs in the study and the most harmful overall by some distance was alcohol.

This obviously isn't done on a like for like basis as there are clearly loads of drugs out there that are miles ahead of alcohol on any of those parameters.

trailer

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 21, 2020, 03:54:07 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2020, 08:40:36 AM

I genuinely don't understand this.  Are you saying it isn't true?  Or that it shouldn't be said? Or what?  Plenty of people in construction, as in many walks of life, use coke.

He saying that the building trade up and down the country is basically coked up, everyday, on site. It is, of course, complete lies.