The Stallion

Bit harsh on Rodney to be honest.

J70

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 26, 2017, 10:00:05 PM
J70 can you stop quoting that imbecile please. Thanks

Sorry.

I'm done with him now. :)

The Stallion

Stay strong Rodders. Not sure why they're bullying you like this.

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on January 26, 2017, 10:38:49 PM
Stay strong Rodders. Not sure why they're bullying you like this.

:D

Sorry for the quote boys! :P

supersub

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2017, 04:20:26 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 26, 2017, 04:08:47 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 26, 2017, 03:47:10 PM
Rodgers single biggest error was that he didn't jettison Gerrard earlier. He was living off his reputation for years and holding back that team. He cost ye that league ye should have won.

I'm not having that - apart from "that" incident, he scored 10 league goals during a 16-game unbeaten league run which got them to where they were.

He led the league in assists that year as well.

Most were penalties and he missed one or two of those. Amazing how many penalties Liverpool got in that run.

and why did they get the penalties....because of their style of play! The same reason on a smaller scale that Barcelona get so many penalties. Quick play in and around the box, runners in behind, one touch movement, defenders half a second behind etc.

Also - Gerrard played arguably his best football with Torres, playing in behind.

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Maroon Manc

Liverpool won 11 games in a row in 2013/14, its tough keeping that going; Always going to be a slip up at some point  ;)

GJL

Lads. I might be in Liverpool on Tuesday night on business. Would it be hard to pick up a couple of tickets to the game at face value? Thanks in advance.  :)

Armamike

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 27, 2017, 11:50:55 AM
Liverpool won 11 games in a row in 2013/14, its tough keeping that going; Always going to be a slip up at some point  ;)

Opposing fans' obsession with Gerard is fascinating.
That's just, like your opinion man.

The Stallion

I find the bizarre hero worship from my fellow Liverpool supporters towards Gerrard more fascinating to be honest.

A man who threw away their best chance of a League title, was desperate to join Chelsea, and held the side back for years lauded as a legend. Not forgetting him punching someone for refusing to play a Phil Collins song.

Astonishing when you sit back and think about it lol.

supersub

Not to mention he dragged an average team for the most part to a Champions League victory, two FA Cup wins, three League Cups, UEFA Cup, Super Cup. Plus named in the PFA team of the year 8 times, Liverpool top scorer from midfield 4 times, scoring 125 goals in total for the club, mentioned in the same breath as Dalglish, Keegan, Rush, captain of his country, lauded by the likes of Zidane, Ferguson, Suarez... bizzare, held them back stacks!

Minder

Quote from: supersub on January 27, 2017, 12:54:52 PM
Not to mention he dragged an average team for the most part to a Champions League victory, two FA Cup wins, three League Cups, UEFA Cup, Super Cup. Plus named in the PFA team of the year 8 times, Liverpool top scorer from midfield 4 times, scoring 125 goals in total for the club, mentioned in the same breath as Dalglish, Keegan, Rush, captain of his country, lauded by the likes of Zidane, Ferguson, Suarez... bizzare, held them back stacks!

That can be a difficult one for people that think he was "overrated" to square, he must have been overrated by the fellas that played against him every week too
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Armamike on January 27, 2017, 12:24:43 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 27, 2017, 11:50:55 AM

Opposing fans' obsession with Gerard is fascinating.
Don't mind Maroon Manc.  Just look at his latest ramblings on the United thread to see how deluded this guy is.
Anyone that dares disagree with him is an Abu and fans of other clubs only see things one way(against United) ... Yeah coz United fans are so unbiased  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Quote from: Minder on January 27, 2017, 12:59:11 PM
Quote from: supersub on January 27, 2017, 12:54:52 PM

That can be a difficult one for people that think he was "overrated" to square, he must have been overrated by the fellas that played against him every week too

Come on Stallion - where's your riposte?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: GJL on January 27, 2017, 12:03:13 PM
Lads. I might be in Liverpool on Tuesday night on business. Would it be hard to pick up a couple of tickets to the game at face value? Thanks in advance.  :)

Where is the best place to buy tickets in advance?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians