County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 17, 2019, 08:50:32 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 17, 2019, 08:45:43 PM
Cian O'Neill going to Cork as a coach, decent appointment I'd say

It's being received very positively in Cork. Have to say he always struck me as a spoofer.

Was he not well thought of during his time as coach in mayo? Ditto in kerry and Tipp I believe.

He hasn't proven to be a good manager mind you

Tatler Jack

It's being received very positively in Cork. Have to say he always struck me as a spoofer.

If he is a spoofer he won't be alone around IC teams. Seems to be an attribute that does no harm in getting gigs. 

GetOverTheBar

Most certainly not a spoofer - however may be one of these guys who is better in the background than being the main man.

TheGreatest

He is doing it for the love of the game......

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 18, 2019, 10:13:41 AM

I am sure he's getting reimbursed for expenses but amazes how Dublin fans, not all, seem obsessed with managers getting paid but never pass comment on Mattie Kenny, Anthony Daly etc. And then you look at the Dublin Football team's backroom. Amazing how they get professionals in their sphere to volunteer like that.

Anyway - decent appointment for Cork, Cian will bring a lot expertise & experience to Cork, had a good three years (2 promotions & Super8) before a year too far. Hope it goes well for him.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on September 18, 2019, 10:45:17 AM
Isn't O'Neill based in Cork?

Yep Head of Dept of Sport, Leisure & Child Studies in C.I.T.
#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 18, 2019, 10:41:24 AM

I am sure he's getting reimbursed for expenses but amazes how Dublin fans, not all, seem obsessed with managers getting paid but never pass comment on Mattie Kenny, Anthony Daly etc. And then you look at the Dublin Football team's backroom. Amazing how they get professionals in their sphere to volunteer like that.

Anyway - decent appointment for Cork, Cian will bring a lot expertise & experience to Cork, had a good three years (2 promotions & Super8) before a year too far. Hope it goes well for him.

Look back on the thread, i have done, in particulary at club level in Dublin.

I am just pointing it out. There is a lot of hypocrisy out there.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 18, 2019, 11:44:33 AM

Obviously  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 18, 2019, 01:46:31 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on September 18, 2019, 11:44:33 AM

Obviously  ::)

Exactley.

Iv stated it before, all payments and expenses to managment teams should be published, at club and IC level.

Rossfan

I'm sure said accounts would show them paying out claimed expenses only. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheGreatest

Quote from: Rossfan on September 18, 2019, 03:44:26 PM
I'm sure said accounts would show them paying out claimed expenses only. ;)

Im sure too, its hard one to prove alright with cash and private payments.

badball

Heard that Donie Buckley might be on the ticket with of the men been interviewed for the Galway job. 

oliverkelly

Quote from: badball on September 23, 2019, 11:14:42 AM
Heard that Donie Buckley might be on the ticket with of the men been interviewed for the Galway job.

Be very surprised if he was. He was delighted to be going back to Kerry this year and Kerry county board basically gave the job to Keane ahead of O'Connor because Buckley wouldnt go in with O'Connor. Kerry were mad to get him back involved. He also turned down approaches to become Senior county manager of a few counties to go back to Kerry.

An Fhairche Abu

Wouldn't make any sense for Buckley to leave Kerry but I've pretty much given up listening to the rumour mill around the Galway football job at this stage, so much hearsay and incorrect information flying around since Walsh departed. Closing date for nominations is the end of the week so hopefully we'll have some actual clarity then.