Quick Question

Started by Square Ball, December 22, 2006, 08:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Square Ball on December 22, 2006, 08:00:35 PM
Got asked this today and diddnt know the answer, but I think ita one of those questions, no cheating

What is the nickname of the New Zealand basket ball team?

What is the nickname of the NZ soccer team?

No cheating either
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Donagh

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 19, 2007, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on December 22, 2006, 08:00:35 PM
Got asked this today and diddnt know the answer, but I think ita one of those questions, no cheating

What is the nickname of the New Zealand basket ball team?

What is the nickname of the NZ soccer team?

No cheating either

The Ball Bags

full back

Mid Mon

Captain Scarlet

who were the brothers who marked each other. im doin a thing in college about that at the moment. brothers playing for different teams
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossi

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 19, 2007, 04:57:23 PM
who were the brothers who marked each other. im doin a thing in college about that at the moment. brothers playing for different teams

In 1952 All Ireland the Maguire Brothers, Des & Liam played with Cavan and Brendan played with Meath.The Cavan bros mainly played in the back line Des at Corner aand Liam at Centre while Brendan played in centre field.As the 52 final went to a replay they may may have marked each at some stage during the two games.

Border Fox

The brothers who marked each other were John Tavey, who was playing Full-Forward for Monaghan, and Paddy Tavey was playing full back for Cavan. They were from Donaghmoyne in Monaghan

Captain Scarlet

cheers BF i heard about them, used to play soccer with the son.
they have the richmond pub there on church st.
i was told by a few other lads who are prone to shite the story, cheers for the confirmation.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Border Fox

Yeah, John owned the Richmond alright, his son owns it now - he moved to Monaghan a few years ago and drives up every day.

BTW John got sent off for hitting Paddy a box  :D

The Real Laoislad

Two quick questions actually

1 - Whats the name of the pavarotti song that was used for Italia '90

2 - Does anyone know of a website where i can get soundbytes off like for instance famous commentrys of sporting events like say when Geroge Hamilton says ' the nation holds it breath' as David O'Leary steps up to take the penalty against Romania  or when Andy Gray from Sky Sports says 'youuuuuuuuuuuuu beauty' in realtion to a wonder strike form Stevie Gerrard
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shamrock Shore

1. Nessum Dorma
2. Eh.....dangerhere.com

The Real Laoislad

Cheers thanks for that,That Pavarotti one has been wreaking my head....Don't ask!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shamrock Shore

Actually LaoisLad Nessum Dorma means' No one sleeps'. Just in case you are stopped by the Gardai.

I watched Ireland v Italy in Italia Novante in Kielys in Donnybrook. I swear to this day it was the worst 2 hours of my life.

It got to a stage where wimmin, feckin wimmin, were using the gents to wee in.

I remember having a blazing row with some young D4 sort (now prob perma-tanna, bikini-waxed, mother of 3 and an SUV droiver) who decided to barge into the cubicle and me raging for a NO2

No - never again. Soccer/wimmin/pubs dont mix.

If ye want more rants on Irish soccer/Wimmin/Italia Novante/Euro 88 please don't hesitate.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Q.20: Who are the only team to win the European cup with 11 home grown players plus home grown subs, in fact they all lived within 12 miles of this clubs home ground?
Q.21: Who is the only man to have won a World Cup Winners medal (soccer) and to have played in an All-Ireland final in Croke park??
Tbc....

The Real Laoislad

Just a guess on Q20 as it's early and im tired!  LIVERPOOL?

You'll Never Walk Alone.