FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

So they have a sponsor at last.
Carsley has ruled himself out.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on March 20, 2024, 05:36:36 PMSo they have a sponsor at last.

FAI will be hoping O'Shea makes a decent fist of his interim period in charge so that they can appoint him on the cheap.

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: lurganblue on March 20, 2024, 01:14:54 PM

Not the greatest.

I'm a fan of the jersey; I know Castore isnt the greatest quality but it looks good; very old schol like the jersey they had in the nineties; could do without the sponsor though.

lurganblue

The sponsor is my problem with it too.  The top is grand and I like the badge.

AustinPowers

Quote from: johnnycool on March 21, 2024, 08:24:45 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 20, 2024, 05:36:36 PMSo they have a sponsor at last.

FAI will be hoping O'Shea makes a decent fist of his interim period in charge so that they can appoint him on the cheap.

That was my  thinking too.

And the longer it goes on with no manager in  place , the more embarrassing it gets.  Nobody wants it  clearly , even those managers out of the game  for years. Says a  lot

johnnycool

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 21, 2024, 11:02:04 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 21, 2024, 08:24:45 AM

That was my  thinking too.

And the longer it goes on with no manager in  place , the more embarrassing it gets.  Nobody wants it  clearly , even those managers out of the game  for years. Says a  lot

The cupboard is bare and no big billionaires prepared to dig deep into their pockets.

seafoid

I heard on RTE that they have someone ready but can't announce until April
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

shark

Quote from: seafoid on March 21, 2024, 12:46:25 PMI heard on RTE that they have someone ready but can't announce until April

this has been stated by a number of sources. Lennon said they are appointing someone with international experience. Poyet or Sagnol are two names that have been mentioned, and both have playoffs to contend with tonight.

Blowitupref

Great chance to go 1-0 ahead a Evan Ferguson penalty saved.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Capt Pat

Ferguson looks and is playing like a broken man at the moment. He needs to get his confidence back. I don't think we will see him scoring tonight. The peno was poor.

Tubberman

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 23, 2024, 05:40:39 PMFerguson looks and is playing like a broken man at the moment. He needs to get his confidence back. I don't think we will see him scoring tonight. The peno was poor.

had a good flick on for that latest chance. Really should be at least 1 up at HT
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

An Watcher

It happens with strikers lads, not the end of the World.  I'm sure he's gone through lean periods before

Captain Scarlet

I think Ferguson showed a lot more battle than other times, in terms of winning tussles, etc.
The lads seemed to have an organised press and also played some nice stuff without having to scream about 'we are trying to play football!!'

They also just got rid when needed. Before the game the back 3 were questioned but at least one of them stepped up and squeezed to allow that press further up.

Szmodics looks good and is a keen runner on and even moreso off the ball. He can take it on the half-turn too. Idah also looks like he is mixing it a bit more physically too.

Didn't know Paddy McCarthy was there too. Like he is a coach with a good Premier League CV too. I'd say they might be hoping things go well same as Gleeson with the women.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Capt Pat

Poyet to be the new Ireland manager as Georgia beat Greece on penalties.

JPGJOHNNYG

Poyet to be the new Ireland manager as Georgia beat Greece on penalties.

Awesome a coach who can't even get Greece to the euros through the back door of dud teams, can't wait. Might as well stick with o'shea