The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on January 26, 2021, 01:00:30 AM
Quote from: Main Street on January 25, 2021, 11:24:10 PM
Stephen Colbert  generally more starightfaced, but brave enought to impersonate Ray Charles in his farewell tribute to Blotus
"Hit the Road Jack"
https://youtu.be/FJwD_p5B-gw?t=173
there should be a lot ammunition for satire from joe Biden's constant gaffes and obvious doting I wonder will Colbert and co jump on it ?

Trumpty Dumpty has reset the bar.

Not sure misspeaks are gonna cut it any more. Even Dubya looks impeccable now.
i usse an speelchekor

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 26, 2021, 09:33:19 PM
Stephen Colbert  generally more starightfaced, but brave enought to impersonate Ray Charles in his farewell tribute to Blotus
"Hit the Road Jack"
there should be a lot ammunition for satire from joe Biden's constant gaffes and obvious doting I wonder will Colbert and co jump on it ?

Reminds me of the time Obama used a teleprompter when speaking to a gang of primary school children

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2021, 11:20:20 PM
"Hit the Road Jack"

Reminds me of the time Obama used a teleprompter when speaking to a gang of primary school children

No point using a telepromter with Trumpty Dumpty as he probably can't read. Certainly not words longer than 4 letters.
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 27, 2021, 07:18:42 AM
"Hit the Road Jack"

No point using a telepromter with Trumpty Dumpty as he probably can't read. Certainly not words longer than 4 letters.
colbert can keep sneering at trump but ignore joes day 1 executive orders
Kill thousands of jobs by shutting down keystone pipeline .
Stop the deportations of illegal alien criminals .
Allow boys/men to play female sport's and shower in girls locker rooms.
Forcing military to pay for transgender surgery.
Joe is just the front of course

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 27, 2021, 02:48:13 PM
"Hit the Road Jack"

He was right to shut the pipeline down, especially after Trump basically binned environmental reviews. If jobs are such a concern, where the f**k was Trump and the GOP on infrastructure, stuff that is REALLY needed and will create MILLIONS of jobs?

He was right to halt the deportations. If someone is a convicted criminal awaiting deportation, they can hold them for a couple of months while they review the inhuman Trump policies.

He was right to allow transgender people to serve in the military. He was right to extend protections to all LGBTQ people.

He is right to have his government start to go after white supremacists and far right terrorists.

Joe is doing a decent job so far after the ignorance and bigotry of the Trump administration.

Keep it up.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2021, 03:11:32 PM
"Hit the Road Jack"

He was right to shut the pipeline down, especially after Trump basically binned environmental reviews. If jobs are such a concern, where the f**k was Trump and the GOP on infrastructure, stuff that is REALLY needed and will create MILLIONS of jobs?

He was right to halt the deportations. If someone is a convicted criminal awaiting deportation, they can hold them for a couple of months while they review the inhuman Trump policies.

He was right to allow transgender people to serve in the military. He was right to extend protections to all LGBTQ people.

He is right to have his government start to go after white supremacists and far right terrorists.

Joe is doing a decent job so far after the ignorance and bigotry of the Trump administration.

Keep it up.
on infrastructure he tried a 1.5 t plan with a mix of private and state and guess who shot it down

whitey

"Hit the Road Jack"

Keep it up.

Why would they hold someone for a couple of months if they are a convicted criminal alien?

Surely immediate removal is warranted

Regarding transgender athletes...IIRC I read somewhere that approx 300 "male" high school students have run faster times than the female world record holder for the 100/200 M. Doesn't matter to me, but I think it's highly unfair on "biological" female athletes (as opposed to those who "self identify" as female)

dec

That's because you believe what you read on nutjob websites rather than reality.

whitey

Quote from: dec on January 27, 2021, 04:07:15 PM

That's because you believe what you read on nutjob websites rather than reality.

It's actually true

Look it up

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 27, 2021, 03:52:26 PM
"Hit the Road Jack"

Keep it up.
on infrastructure he tried a 1.5 t plan with a mix of private and state and guess who shot it down

It was mostly private. And only 200 m from the feds. With plenty of Republican objections too.

And Trump fought EVER so hard for it! ::)

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 27, 2021, 03:55:45 PM
"Hit the Road Jack"

Keep it up.

Why would they hold someone for a couple of months if they are a convicted criminal alien?

Surely immediate removal is warranted

Regarding transgender athletes...IIRC I read somewhere that approx 300 "male" high school students have run faster times than the female world record holder for the 100/200 M. Doesn't matter to me, but I think it's highly unfair on "biological" female athletes (as opposed to those who "self identify" as female)

I guess they want to review all the cases. Its not like they're turning hardened convicts out on the streets or that Trump wasn't sweeping up the law-abiding illegal mother of four kids from down the road who worked in the chicken processing plant.

On transgender issues, nature is a bitch and sometimes complicated. Are you concerned about the "female" (to use your quotes) students who will be at a disadvantage against "biological" male athletes?

whitey

J70

I don't care one way or the other.....has zero impact on me., but I don't understand your question

Biological female athletes are at a disadvantage to biological male athletes -are you disputing that

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2021, 04:30:41 PM
"Hit the Road Jack"

Keep it up.

It was mostly private. And only 200 m from the feds. With plenty of Republican objections too.

200 b    200 m wouldn't fill the potholes on the el Camino which are numerous and large . Thanks Gavin

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 27, 2021, 04:48:18 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2021, 04:30:41 PM
"Hit the Road Jack"

Keep it up.

200 b    200 m wouldn't fill the potholes on the el Camino which are numerous and large . Thanks Gavin

Yes, 200 B was I meant.

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 27, 2021, 04:43:13 PM
J70

I don't care one way or the other.....has zero impact on me., but I don't understand your question

Biological female athletes are at a disadvantage to biological male athletes -are you disputing that

Sure.

But so what?