Losing Home Advantage

Started by Laois Rising, November 12, 2018, 11:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois Rising

Had Dublin been found guilty of breaking the training camp ban what punishment would the GAA have been able to dish out? The likes of Wexford and Laois will lose a home game in league. What punishment would the Dubs have faced considering they have no home league games. It would have been farcical situation had Dublin been found guilty (I wonder if this had any influence on giving them the benefit of the doubt) and continued to play both their remaining home games and forfeited home game in Croker. 

Throw ball

To be honest I don't think this is solely a Dublin issue. 17 counties were investigated and 4 punished. I assume the 4 are those unlikely to get much coverage or kick back too much at Croke Park. For me it shouldn't matter if a team went on a training trip, an historical trip or a drinking binge the effect is the same - the players were not available for their clubs - if the club's had no matches they could still be training. Given this the punishment should be the same. Don't make up a punishment so 4 weaker counties can be held up as a warning to the more influential ones.

PS. I also find it funny how they managed to punish 2 football teams and 2 hurling teams. Symmetry is great !