Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

2 dragons are fine.  Lots could happen though.  Khalesi could turn on John or she could go mad.  Arya, Jaime or Tyrion have long been identified as the ones to take out Cersei.  Even questions over whether Arya is Arya anymore.  Bran was useless, expected more from him - is he the lord of light? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tbrick18

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 30, 2019, 04:05:51 PM
2 dragons are fine.  Lots could happen though.  Khalesi could turn on John or she could go mad.  Arya, Jaime or Tyrion have long been identified as the ones to take out Cersei.  Even questions over whether Arya is Arya anymore. Bran was useless, expected more from him - is he the lord of light?

Bran was useless. Where did he go?
Jon was a bit useless too.

I think Jaimie will kill Cersei and be killed in the process. And I think Jon will kill Dany as she's going mental and will try to kill him. When she dies the Dragons will die too.
Jon doesn't want to be king so wont tell anyone he's a Targ.
Leaving Gendry as the heir to the throne as the last Baratheon and Arya his queen. The kids will be brutal. Hotpie to get a job in the royal kitchens.
Sansa and Tyrion will shack up as wards of the north.
Bronn of the blackwater will show up to kill Tyrion, but realise he likes him too much so will stay in winterfell as there's a shortage of men now to satisfy the needs of all the whores.
Brienne will finally fall for Giantsbane.
Sam will take Gilly and the kid home and set up shop as lord of the manor.
Greyworm and Mesandre go travelling.
In an unpredictable twist, Podrick is going to shack up with Varys (who's not really a Eunuch, he was just pretending).
Bran is going to Warg into himself in the past whilst warging into himself in the future and get stuck in permanent warg mode.

I love all the theories and rumours going round about who is going to kill who and so on. Thought I'd have my own go at it.

You heard it here first. :)

nrico2006

Arya, masquerading as Jaime, to kill Cersei.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Wildweasel74

Am not sure the budget for this fight but it was written very poorly. Filmed shocking dark, and in general the last 3/4season build up to Jon Snow night King face off didn't materialise. Pure crap then you compare the legendary night fight at Helms deep in LOTR. Lighting the biggest issue.

nrico2006

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 30, 2019, 11:39:22 PM
Am not sure the budget for this fight but it was written very poorly. Filmed shocking dark, and in general the last 3/4season build up to Jon Snow night King face off didn't materialise. Pure crap then you compare the legendary night fight at Helms deep in LOTR. Lighting the biggest issue.

I was disappointed and would have the Battle of the Bastards way ahead of this episode.

trailer

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 01, 2019, 08:10:33 AM

I was disappointed and would have the Battle of the b**tards way ahead of this episode.

+1 Thinking about this since. The plot of the battle was completely unrealistic. Jon actually surviving after a couple hundred of the dead going at him, Jamie stuck against the wall for going on 10 -15 mins, Sam on the ground. All filmed on a calculator using a match as a lighting tool. Not for me I'm afraid.

BennyHarp

I didn't get this at the time but apparently the dead dragon was protecting the Garden where The Night King was going for Bran. Jon couldn't get past it and the bit where he jumped in front of the dragon and appeared to just shout at it, was in fact him distracting the dragon shouting "go" so that Arya could run past into the garden. A few seconds later it cuts to one of the long haired generals and a slight gust of wind blowing his hair, which was apparently Arya running past him to jump the Night King. So Jon did in fact sacrafice his life in order to enable Arya to kill the Night King.
That was never a square ball!!

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 01, 2019, 08:54:01 AM

I didn't get this at the time but apparently the dead dragon was protecting the Garden where The Night King was going for Bran. Jon couldn't get past it and the bit where he jumped in front of the dragon and appeared to just shout at it, was in fact him distracting the dragon shouting "go" so that Arya could run past into the garden. A few seconds later it cuts to one of the long haired generals and a slight gust of wind blowing his hair, which was apparently Arya running past him to jump the Night King. So Jon did in fact sacrafice his life in order to enable Arya to kill the Night King.

Read a different theory that Arya used faceless man white Walker face to get close to the NK to kill him.  Also read a theory on reddit that Bran is the lord of light.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

trailer

Well that's pretty cool, but they should've showed that.

BennyHarp

Quote from: trailer on May 01, 2019, 09:32:07 AM

Well that's pretty cool, but they should've showed that.

I suppose showing it would have reduced the impact / shock moment of Arya jumping from nowhere.

Mayo4Sam

Am I the only one who preferred the red wedding and winter coming for House Frey to the battle
Of winterfell and battle of the bastards?

Interesting theory on JS distracting the dragon cause he was red rotten otherwise, Dany too, they did f**k all with the two dragons
Didn't like that Sam and Jamie seemed to be swamped by wights for ages, if there was so many they'd be dead
The hound had a mental breakdown for no reason, the Mountain will destroy him
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

brokencrossbar1

I think the theory of Ayra being a faceless man and taking on a white walkers face is probably the most convincing.  I reckon that the reason the show ended so abruptly was to maybe leave these questions hanging to be tied up next week...old fashioned cliff hanger stuff...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 01, 2019, 09:52:35 AM
Am I the only one who preferred the red wedding and winter coming for House Frey to the battle
Of winterfell and battle of the b**tards?

Interesting theory on JS distracting the dragon cause he was red rotten otherwise, Dany too, they did f**k all with the two dragons
Didn't like that Sam and Jamie seemed to be swamped by wights for ages, if there was so many they'd be dead
The hound had a mental breakdown for no reason, the Mountain will destroy him

The Hound's break down was due to his fear of fire relating to his feud with his brother The Mountain - a storyline to be resolved later I assume.

Mayo4Sam

I don't think it was though, cause the red lady had already lit all the Dhotraki swords and he was grand. He just said it was cause they didn't have a hope
If the theory about Bran being the Lord of Light is true and JS, Beric and the hound are all fire wights having been brought back from the dead
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gander

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on May 01, 2019, 11:00:45 AM
I don't think it was though, cause the red lady had already lit all the Dhotraki swords and he was grand. He just said it was cause they didn't have a hope
If the theory about Bran being the Lord of Light is true and JS, Beric and the hound are all fire wights having been brought back from the dead
hound wasnt brought back from the dead tho was he?