NFL Div 2 2020

Started by Laoiseabu, October 18, 2019, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recyclebin

Were you in Roscommon? I was. He looked off the pace. He lives in England and is 33.  He hasn't played inter county in years. I'm just commenting on what I saw.

Unlaoised

I was shocked Healy came on too ...he was at fault for the goal .

But he wasnt as bad as people are making out.

O'Carroll and Lillis were the best players .

I thought Evan could have had more frees .

His contest with the Rossie marker was as tough as what you'd see in the 90s .

Corbett didn't do much wrong but Brody is just so good he must get back in soon .

Piggot was excellent too .

Noticeable how small we were compare to Roscommon

I think we will beat Armagh I hear all wasn't well in Cavan camp

LAOIS ABÚ

Joeythelips

Quote from: recyclebin on January 27, 2020, 10:20:41 PM
Were you in Roscommon? I was. He looked off the pace. He lives in England and is 33.  He hasn't played inter county in years. I'm just commenting on what I saw.

In fairness he is only back from a long injury layoff, give him a few games before we can properly judge.

Tony

Quote from: Joeythelips on January 28, 2020, 08:35:22 AM

In fairness he is only back from a long injury layoff, give him a few games before we can properly judge.
Finally someone talking a bit of sense. It's january ffs and the other lads are writing him off already. He's trying his best for the county and only just back - the guy has a great history and huge potential to be a big part of our year in summer, and this joker is saying that he doesn't have the build or pace to be a modern footballer. As if we have a team of Diarmud Connolly's. Cahir deserves far far more respect than to be written off completely based on 20 mins of League football in Roscommon in January.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2020, 09:27:47 AM

Finally someone talking a bit of sense. It's january ffs and the other lads are writing him off already. He's trying his best for the county and only just back - the guy has a great history and huge potential to be a big part of our year in summer, and this joker is saying that he doesn't have the build or pace to be a modern footballer. As if we have a team of Diarmud Connolly's. Cahir deserves far far more respect than to be written off completely based on 20 mins of League football in Roscommon in January.

Whatever about pace, Cahir is built like a tank. His reading of the game is phenomenal. Needs to be in a central position to have an impact, can't see him doing well on the wings or corners at this stage.

Joeythelips

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 28, 2020, 10:06:42 AM
Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2020, 09:27:47 AM

Whatever about pace, Cahir is built like a tank. His reading of the game is phenomenal. Needs to be in a central position to have an impact, can't see him doing well on the wings or corners at this stage.

I fully agree, we do not have footballers who have the class or experience of Cahir, he would be ideal at centre back imo, as he could really influence a game.

Laois fan

Maybe if we gave him role mcgeeney had for armagh as in breaking up attacks and driving forward and allow someone else pick up centre forward,naturally at his age he will struggle with manmarking jobs

on the hop

One change for the weekend, Brian Byrne starts instead of Collins

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: on the hop on January 30, 2020, 07:51:09 PM
One change for the weekend, Brian Byrne starts instead of Collins

Niall Corbett (Clonaslee)

Brian Byrne (Graiguecullen), Mark Timmons (Graiguecullen), Gearoid Hanrahan (Mountmellick)
   Sean O'Flynn (Courtwood), Robbie Pigott (Portarlington), Paddy O'Sullivan (Portarlington)

John O'Loughlin (Rosenallis), Sean Byrne (Portarlington)

Michael Keogh (St Joseph's), Colm Murphy (Portarlington), Eoin Lowry (Killeshin)
            Mark Barry (O'Dempsey's), Kieran Lillis (Portlaoise), Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard).
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Laois team v. Westmeath in the league 3 final last year.

Plenty of changes between this team and the team named for Saturday night. Great to have so many lads of the standard available for county. Bar the Kingstons and Attride how many of the rest are still involved or will be involved this year.

V Westmeath 2019
LAOIS: Graham Brody; Stephen Attride, Mark Timmons, Gareth Dillon; Trevor Collins, Colm Begley, Sean O'Flynn; John O'Loughlin, Kieran Lillis; Eoin Lowry, Conor Boyle, Martin Scully; Donie Kingston, Paul Cahillane, Evan O'Carroll.

Subs: Ross Munnelly for Lowry (48), Benny Carroll for Boyle (48), Brendan Quigley for Lillis (57), Paul Kingston for Cahillane (57), Damien O'Connor for Scully (67).
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

les Antiques

Wouldn't read too much into last Sunday . The first game of any National League can be erratic with results and performances .
Two home matches on the horizon against Armagh and Cavan . If we Manage two wins it would go long way in securing Division 2 status . Armagh are on a high after demoishing Cavan . Can see Saturday night being a high scoring affair .

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Is Marty Scully involved this year. In my opinion he was one of our outstanding players last year and it would be awful if he was gone as this year would be massive for him..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Scully is involved .
I'd expect him to play some part on Saturday

Why the early throw inn ?
LAOIS ABÚ