Birr vs Dunloy

Started by Bord na Mona man, February 21, 2008, 12:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: glens73 on February 29, 2008, 08:36:28 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 29, 2008, 08:33:45 AM
Quote from: Guillem2 on February 29, 2008, 08:16:52 AM
Hard luck Dunloy. I'd say there was no chance of youse catching Birr unprepared in this one. They know too well what youse are capable off.

Good point Guillem, and I think the posts of the Offaly contingent here would have indicated a 'cautious' nature, which is probably what Birr themselves carried into the game. There's been a couple of tight games between the sides. Do I not remember a drawn game in an All Ireland, or All Ireland semi final one day? Michael Lyster didn't mention it when he ran through the history of meetings. MAybe I dreamt it.

They drew in the 1995 final. I think it was 0-9 each, a fierce windy day if I remember rightly. Dunloy should have won it that day and that was the closest they came to getting their hands on the cup.

I knew I remembered a draw. And I think you are right about the windy day. I seem to remember plastic bags blowing across from the 'new Cusack'. I also vaguely remember that Birr were blessed to get out with a draw, and you just knew they'd win the replay.

Thank God I wasn't hallucinating anyway.

theskull1

Quote from: Aerlik on February 29, 2008, 06:43:45 AM
;D

Aerlik
You should get counseling. It's not good for you to hate for that long. Let it go man..... let it go   :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Aerlik

Ah now skull, just backing up what probably all of Loughgiel would have been feeling. ;)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!