Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Nice to see a bit of decency and common sense prevail and the comments about Maggie Farrelly get the thumbs down treatment from  the vast majority of posters. What does surprise me is the noticable silence from the poster that was responsible for probably the most prominent and tasteless contribution to that exchange.

Where is Drung, would you like to explain that moment of madness on the keyboard??????

My own guess is that he is busy putting together a few gags for Tommy Tiernan to use at his up and coming gig in a Jewish settlement. Anybody got any other suggestions?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

space rabbit

Mountnugent in bother for playing illegal players in junior C championship in Semi and Final.

jonb_cúl

Whats the story with both CG & Gowna with regards to their punishments handed down by the CB, have either team appealed this? It will make a joke of the D1 league if you ask me (like it wasn't anyway!!). You will now have a tea finishing 5th place getting to a county final & with Gowna having to play teams at the bottom will also make a joke of proceedings down there too.
Surely both teams should have been punished in next years c/chip, for 2 reason this would make more sense (A.) The indents happened in this competition (B.) The punishment would be real "punishment".
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 26, 2009, 10:23:09 AM
Quote from: put-it-up on September 26, 2009, 12:19:59 AM
She was a draw, think it was 1-10 a piece. So they will have to go at it again!

Glad to hear TC is thinking ahead to next year. This year is a big big year for everyone involved with the team.

Wonder what names he has on his 'players to call' list. And anyone know who is being added to the back-room team?!
Not being smart, but isn't that his job. I can't raise myself above the glass being half empty I'm afraid. This bullshit about not attending games as the Development Games is the way to go is bugging me big time.

Agree with you entirely with regards to not attending championship games. That is absolute b*llix in my eyes. If he is not at the finals tomorrow, I give up.

Don't agree with the sly comments about Maggie but I think she is a pretty poor ref - mind you if you saw some of the decisions down in Corlough today in Div 3, she would be made look like Pat McEnaney  ;D

PS: The should have gotten Mackey to race the greyhound! Although that might have destroyed the dogs confidence!!!!

space rabbit

Quote from: put-it-up on September 26, 2009, 04:13:11 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 26, 2009, 10:23:09 AM
Quote from: put-it-up on September 26, 2009, 12:19:59 AM
She was a draw, think it was 1-10 a piece. So they will have to go at it again!

Glad to hear TC is thinking ahead to next year. This year is a big big year for everyone involved with the team.

Wonder what names he has on his 'players to call' list. And anyone know who is being added to the back-room team?!
Not being smart, but isn't that his job. I can't raise myself above the glass being half empty I'm afraid. This bullshit about not attending games as the Development Games is the way to go is bugging me big time.

Agree with you entirely with regards to not attending championship games. That is absolute b*llix in my eyes. If he is not at the finals tomorrow, I give up.

Don't agree with the sly comments about Maggie but I think she is a pretty poor ref - mind you if you saw some of the decisions down in Corlough today in Div 3, she would be made look like Pat McEnaney  ;D

PS: The should have gotten Mackey to race the greyhound! Although that might have destroyed the dogs confidence!!!!

He is to busy taking his clothes off somewhere.

anglocelt39

Put it Up, can you tell us what the result was in Corlough today and where does that leave things. Thanks in advance. Also, interesting to see the Killan Gaels amalgamation at Underage level. The Shamrocks would have been strong enough at Under 14 and 16 level for a few years, would they not be inclined to go it alone?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

put-it-up

Haha, good man space rabbit!

I'm not too sure on the actual score, I think it was 1-12 to 1-5. I know the margin was seven in the end anyway!

Corlough showed a lot of spirit and made a right good go of it, but our lot pulled away at the end.

Not too sure where the club stands now. I think that is us promoted but I dunno what way they are working the league this year - someone mentioned semi-finals?!?

Don't know who made the decision to amalgamate. Wouldn't be involved in any of them decisions :) I was surprised myself that they joined together because Bailieborough have won the last two U16 Division One Championships on their toblerone.
But then again, if the clubs have agreed to amalgamate for a few years, you can't not ask them one year just because you have a good team. We might need them next year to help make up a team - you just don't know.

Think there are only three Shercock lads starting on the team  but it will be a good experience for everyone involved - even subs that don't get on - to be involved in an occasion like that.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: jonb_cúl on September 26, 2009, 03:42:05 PM
Whats the story with both CG & Gowna with regards to their punishments handed down by the CB, have either team appealed this? It will make a joke of the D1 league if you ask me (like it wasn't anyway!!). You will now have a tea finishing 5th place getting to a county final & with Gowna having to play teams at the bottom will also make a joke of proceedings down there too.
Surely both teams should have been punished in next years c/chip, for 2 reason this would make more sense (A.) The indents happened in this competition (B.) The punishment would be real "punishment".
Not sure about Gowna but I heard CG got their ban reduced to 8 weeks but are going to appeal it further to the Ulster Council.

boojangles

Tipping bit of a game Friday nite between Crosserlough and Ballinagh.Crosserlough owned the ball for periods but couldn't score. Only for a young lad Barry McKiernan they would have been bet.He kicked 3 super scores with the left and set up another 2.Think he is a brother of Paurics. Philip Smith aged 43 still doing it at Midfield.Whatever they feed that man,the rest of the county should be told ;D
Crosserlough were probably lucky to get the draw but if their forwards can click the next day they might just do it.
Niall McDermott is a real handful if given any space. But if he is marked well Ballinagh would be in trouble.

Best of Luck to all teams today.

mylestheslasher

For those that don't know Lavey beat Cootehill (3-9 to 1-8) in the intermediate final and Swad beat B'Bridge in Junior (4-8 to 0-11).

space rabbit

Quote from: REDCOL on September 27, 2009, 08:31:57 PM
When I left the Park, the Bridge had won  :-\

Bridge wont be happy they were presented with the cup and sang and danced on the field  :D

mylestheslasher

I just read it on teletext - my apologies to bridge. Was the score correct at least! :D

space rabbit

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 27, 2009, 08:45:30 PM
I just read it on teletext - my apologies to bridge. Was the score correct at least! :D

Can they do anything right  :D

Yeah that score sounds about right.

jonb_cúl

anyone hear how the d2 minor semi final went today in ballyjamesduff?
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Two very one-sided finals today. Swad played some really nice football in the first half with some great score-taking but they had a soft centre which the 'bridge exploited late in the half with two great finishes to the net. In the second half they tightened up and didn't give Swad much chance and ran out worthy winners. Biggest laugh of the day giving Mulvey the MOTM award. It was hard to pick someone out but he neither deserved nor needed that award today.
Swad have a couple of good youngsters in Michael & Christopher Curran which is promising for them. Good to see McKiernan getting a late run although looking at his knee I was just hoping he'd stay out of any sort of challenge for the few minutes he was on.

Lavey won the intermediate comfortably in the end having the play the last 10 or so minutes with a man less. They got a couple of very fortunate goals but I think Darren Smith & Joey Jordan won their respective battles for the most part and that was the difference. I thought Shane Tierney looked a really good prospect in the corner with a couple of roastings handed out.
Comisserations to Celt Man and Swad Man.
Good to see Finbar Jordan togged out even if it was just for the sake of it.