Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

A selection in the finest tradition of Cavan Football, full of attack minded defenders. Poor CC1 could be pretty exposed by times as I imagine a fair few lads pressing forward to make sure the opposition full back line are doing their job to the full.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

anglocelt39

Glaring omission Mr Pain, the ultimate impact sub, That's the Ball-plays in short sharp spurts to devastating effect. Serious fireworks if brought into the full forward line late on I would say. Please keep him well away from me.

Based on experience, long service and a knowledge of what is needed in Cavan Football I have Maniac as Captain. Can be relied on to bring a bit of calmness when all around him are losing the head, but god help us all if he goes off. What he did to deserve trying to pull this bunch of yahoos together into a cohesive unit god only knows.

Again in the best traditions of Cavan football I have Lynchbhoy as manager, the out of county appointment, intimate knowledge of Cavan football, intimitate knowledge of all other counties, intimate knowledge of everything. Thought about the Rial County's leading Exile Hardy but god knows we have enough trouble looking at players 1 to 15.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

CC1

Quote from: anglocelt39 on June 06, 2008, 09:10:00 PM
A selection in the finest tradition of Cavan Football, full of attack minded defenders. Poor CC1 could be pretty exposed by times as I imagine a fair few lads pressing forward to make sure the opposition full back line are doing their job to the full.
Keoghan to make rash substitution and replace CC1 with shotstopper1 after a point is conceeded... ;)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

cavanmaniac

gortnaleck

I think Mr Pain jumped the gun a little bit with the team selection.I had started the process and had even done some research on another thread.I'm willing to let it slide this time and see how it pans out. Even at this early stage there seems to be a couple of unhappy punters so I sense some trouble in the near future for Mr Pain

mylestheslasher

Take my eye of the ball - by jasus I'd clean you out Mr Pain. Also, Hollowman man and BHM could be marking each other in training and that could get nasty. We have so many posters maybe we should have a junior team too.

REDCOL

Anyone here anything from last nights match with cork. Heard the score was 2-14 to 10 with cork winning. Masters did not play. Canty beat big dermot, and midfield in a lot of trouble, had to move dermot out.

gortnaleck

I hope Canty didn't  mind not having to mark Johnston again

cavan4sam

Team that lined out against Cork at weekend.

1. James Reilly
2. Michael Hannon
3. Rory Dunne
4. Dermot Sheridan
5. Padraig Reilly
6. Anthony Forde
7. John McCutheon
8. Michael McDonald
9. Mark McKeever
10. Martin Reilly
11. Ronan Flanagan
12. Cian Mackey
13. Eddie Reilly
14. Dermot McCabe
15. Seanie Johnston

cavan4sam

5/6 days to the Armagh match and no Cavan supporters online, whats going on??

Personally i think our back line is too weak and ultimately that will be our downfall.

cavan4ever

Everyone will have to play to there best to have any chance.  The team selection will be interesting i heard Dunne was very poor against Cork and barely got a tackle in.  If that happens on Sunday Miller will be busy. 

Mr. Pain

You said it c4s. Mr. Pain senses a slight lack of interest in the county team or maybe disillusionment. Mr. Pain would agree that the back line is far too weak. Cavan's forward have the potential to cause problems though. It will be hard to see Cavan getting a result but Mr. Pain will be there hoping both teams get a win but not expecting anything. Its like when you go to see a movie and don't expect much and it turns out to be good. That will be Mr. Pain's mindset going into this game and hopefully it wil turn out to be good.

With regard to the team Mr. Pain posted with the members of this thread lined out. Its a bit of fun, relax the kacks! Thastheball should be on the panel alright. Gortnaleck, ya snooze ya lose. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

cavan4sam

What i believe the team will be on Sunday

1. James Reilly
2. Michael Hannon
3. Padraig Reilly
4. Martin Cahill
5. Dermot Sheridan
6. Anthony Forde
7. Jonathon Crowe
8. Michael McDonald
9. Mark McKeever
10. Martin Reilly
11. Ronan Flanagan
12. Cian Mackey
13. Jason O' Reilly
14. Dermot McCabe
15. Seanie Johnston

Probably a mile off with this team but said id have a go.

Lawrence of Knockbride

C4S your team could be close enough although I think Jayo will make way for Eddie or Sean Brady. Yeah a big lack of interest and hardly surprising. I fear a walloping although I doubt Armagh are too good and could be caught cold. Their forwards gave a remarkable display of bad shooting against us in Cross which surely won't happen again. McCabe is our only hope at FF as I think Johnston will be looked after by an extra man. Full back line will again be troubled by Clarke and others. What bets a moral victory for DK and a right good session afterwards? I'm booking Monday off just incase.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on June 10, 2008, 01:33:19 PM
C4S your team could be close enough although I think Jayo will make way for Eddie or Sean Brady. Yeah a big lack of interest and hardly surprising. I fear a walloping although I doubt Armagh are too good and could be caught cold. Their forwards gave a remarkable display of bad shooting against us in Cross which surely won't happen again. McCabe is our only hope at FF as I think Johnston will be looked after by an extra man. Full back line will again be troubled by Clarke and others. What bets a moral victory for DK and a right good session afterwards? I'm booking Monday off just incase.

You may book the Tuesday off aswell, there was a good rip on the Monday after the Mighty Antrim team were beaten so a moral victory against Armagh would surely lead to a bigger session.  Seen in the star today that Keoghan reckons if Cavan are leading after 60 mins that we will win.