Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

There'll be a few questions answered about the likely direction of this bunch of players under McGleenan this weekend I think. The Offaly game was just one to be got out of the way, this is one we can and have to get our teeth into because Tipp will turn us over unless we're about our business. Here's hoping it could launch a little qualifier run to bring up confidence and develop whatever it is Mattie has in mind for the future. Good luck to them.

tommysmith

Has Niall Mckiernan been in the 26 for any of the other championship games?

Itchy

No Niall McDermott is a strange one for me. Thought he did well last day. No free taker either.

Denn Forever

What the hell is wrong?  First h.alf sounded great.  Then Immplosion.  I :-\ :-\
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Itchy

Maybe it's ok to say this now - me mcglennan is a grade A bullshitter and he should be jettisoned very quickly. In a year he has stopped our upward trajectory and we find ourselves going backwards. It might seem harsh but we cannot entrust our senior team to him for another season as I believe he will bring us closer to div 3 than div 1. I question also whoever is preparing the team physically. Can't sustain a high tempo at all and players getting way to many muscle injuries. Finally some of our so called big names should also have a deep look at themselves, they yet again failed to lead on the pitch. This was the time to deliever and they failed miserably. If I were them I wouldn't be seen out drinking a few pints in cavan this evening.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on July 08, 2017, 05:34:58 PM
Maybe it's ok to say this now - me mcglennan is a grade A bullshitter and he should be jettisoned very quickly. In a year he has stopped our upward trajectory and we find ourselves going backwards. It might seem harsh but we cannot entrust our senior team to him for another season as I believe he will bring us closer to div 3 than div 1. I question also whoever is preparing the team physically. Can't sustain a high tempo at all and players getting way to many muscle injuries. Finally some of our so called big names should also have a deep look at themselves, they yet again failed to lead on the pitch. This was the time to deliever and they failed miserably. If I were them I wouldn't be seen out drinking a few pints in cavan this evening.

The players are well entitled to drink. Give up thier whole social life and don't go out to play bad. We need the u21 generation to stand up though. Mackey only one took game to them and he now 30. Manager is such a bluffer it's unreal. His interviews are bizarre. Players in 15 one day not in squad the next. Lads marginalised all year appear in bench today. No game plan. Players in no condition and so many hamstring injuries. He'll get another year because it will be argued he can watch club football. Needs to go though or we'll be a division three team.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 08, 2017, 08:46:46 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 08, 2017, 05:34:58 PM

The players are well entitled to drink. Give up thier whole social life and don't go out to play bad. We need the u21 generation to stand up though. Mackey only one took game to them and he now 30. Manager is such a bluffer it's unreal. His interviews are bizarre. Players in 15 one day not in squad the next. Lads marginalised all year appear in bench today. No game plan. Players in no condition and so many hamstring injuries. He'll get another year because it will be argued he can watch club football. Needs to go though or we'll be a division three team.

I genuinely mean this, if I were apart of that shambles today you wouldn't see me in the imperial until Christmas. But that's just me. We can agree on McGlennan, a bluffer of the highest level. Can you believe he managed to come out with the absolutely fabulous statement during an interview today. People will say it's his 1st year and he deserves another one at least and I understand that to an extent but surely to be given that he should have had to show some progress. The only progress I've heard is that we may have found a forward in Caoimhin o Reilly but on the other hand today was his first time this year on the pitch for the seniors!

mrdeeds

Players follow management instructions. Nobody in for breaks was so frustrating to watch. Mattie thought it was a terrific performance.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 08, 2017, 09:49:24 PM
Players follow management instructions. Nobody in for breaks was so frustrating to watch. Mattie thought it was a terrific performance.

Well the boils Mattie wasn't taking any responsibility on the BBC for a balls up. "We couldn't buy a break", "ref gave them soft frees". I think removing Hyland will prove to have been a terrible mistake. I can see us go to div 3 with this lad.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on July 08, 2017, 10:09:01 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 08, 2017, 09:49:24 PM

Well the boils Mattie wasn't taking any responsibility on the BBC for a balls up. "We couldn't buy a break", "ref gave them soft frees". I think removing Hyland will prove to have been a terrible mistake. I can see us go to div 3 with this lad.

Lot of good teams in div 2.  Could easily go down.

Denn Forever

QuoteWe can agree on McGlennan, a bluffer of the highest level.

We seem to attract this type of manager.  Who ousted Hyland? 

Was there a marked difference in how the players approached the game in the second half?  Was there an apparent change of style as in we are 6 points ahead, we'll try and hold onto this lead?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Itchy

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 09, 2017, 10:43:54 AM
QuoteWe can agree on McGlennan, a bluffer of the highest level.

We seem to attract this type of manager.  Who ousted Hyland? 

Was there a marked difference in how the players approached the game in the second half?  Was there an apparent change of style as in we are 6 points ahead, we'll try and hold onto this lead?

Who ousted Hyland? Well for one there was a concerted effort by a muppet from Virginia on a Facebook page for one. A load of other Seanie fans that weren't happy that he had dropped their golden boy and my personal belief is that all that got into the players heads and they felt a new voice was needed to progress them. In the end the players asked for change. Careful what you wish for. Now look at what we are left with not even 12 months on.

DuffleKing

Lads this was such a bizarre appointment from the start

Itchy

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 09, 2017, 11:25:43 AM

Lads this was such a bizarre appointment from the start

Just interested to know why you think that?

rodney trotter

Fabulous. Fantastic. Class. That is all.