Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

Just seen the draw for the under 21 championship on the Hoganstand just now.. Does anyone know what clubs are involved in the  Assan Gaels, Drumloman, Newtown Gaels and Sliabh Glah Gaels amalgamations?
http://hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=156007

Westside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hugLHsWbaDQ&feature=feedu

Meehan looks to have been everywhere.. A lot of extremely poor defending from CRahan.. Glenswilly will be a big step up but I'd be confident if the Gaels stick to playing football they can go far.. When you look at the talent at their disposal they will feel they should be rattling Ulster. That's what it's all about for them now.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Ollie on October 04, 2011, 06:09:49 PM
Just seen the draw for the under 21 championship on the Hoganstand just now.. Does anyone know what clubs are involved in the  Assan Gaels, Drumloman, Newtown Gaels and Sliabh Glah Gaels amalgamations?
http://hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=156007

Well Sliabh Glah Gaels are usually Denn and Killygarry.  And as far as Hurling is concerned Drumloman is Mullahorn and Ballymachugh together.  Don't know a thing about the rest
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Dougal

newtown are ballinagh cornafean and lacken,they should be very strong.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Celt Man, did I hear right that your lot didn't take too kindly to Drumgoon being the pride of the parish?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 05, 2011, 01:34:47 PM
Celt Man, did I hear right that your lot didn't take too kindly to Drumgoon being the pride of the parish?

How so?

rodney trotter

Newtown Gaels have an excellent team on paper but it doesn't always go to plan with amalgamations.. Its  a strong team in all areas and hopefully they can they can it out.

PhilsJemmysField

Assan are Killinkere and Lavey, will have numbers but poor enough

rodney trotter

Was Gavin Duffy carrying an injury on Sunday? He was probaly the best defender the gaels had the last few years, never got much of a chance with the county.. Noticed Walsh wasn't involved either what was the story there. Maloney Derham and Meehan will more than likely be on the senior panel next season, Niall Smith won't be far off it either. Surprised the county board didn't move the replay of the div1 league final before the junior final on Sunday instead of it being in virginia on saturday... There is nothing on before the junior match would have made sense.

boojangles

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 05, 2011, 09:21:15 PM
Was Gavin Duffy carrying an injury on Sunday? He was probaly the best defender the gaels had the last few years, never got much of a chance with the county.. Noticed Walsh wasn't involved either what was the story there. Maloney Derham and Meehan will more than likely be on the senior panel next season, Niall Smith won't be far off it either. Surprised the county board didn't move the replay of the div1 league final before the junior final on Sunday instead of it being in virginia on saturday... There is nothing on before the junior match would have made sense.

Id imagine the reason the League final replay isn't on before the Junior final is because the clubs have to get a split of the gate for the League final, which obviously couldn't happen if it's played before a Championship match.

rodney trotter

Id imagine the reason the League final replay isn't on before the Junior final is because the clubs have to get a split of the gate for the League final, which obviously couldn't happen if it's played before a Championship match.

Fair point Booj, didn't think of that..

drici

Cavan Ticket Sales

Cavan ladies will be selling tickets at two venues this weekend

Friday 7th October: Super Value Ballyconnell 7-9pm

Saturday 8th October: Breffni Park 1-2.30pm

Tickets will be available to purchase on the day from two venues.

Tickets will be sold from GAA Ticket officer at Gills Corner and the Ticket Van will be on Jones' Road.

Adults: €20, Children/OAP/Students: €5.

Denn Forever

A suggestion for next year maybe.

The team that wins the Senior championship could play the County team as a warm up?

The County Team management could look at the opponent's tactics and try and replicate them so it would give a good work out to the Champions, get the county team started early and also give the county team some experience of using other systems.

Best of luck to CG.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Denn Forever

Guess what.  We got Donegal again. 

At least we will be able to guage the progress made from this year.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...