11th night bonfires

Started by Fear Boirche, June 20, 2007, 11:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

There is apparently a bonfire built above a gas mains so they have had to turn the gas mains off for a week as the bonfire won't be shifted. You couldn't make it up.

Dougal Maguire

Rather than turn the gas off they should have doubled the throughput. That would give them a bony and a half
Careful now

Itchy

Why do some ye sneak around to these bonfires and light them a day early? You could do it at a time that these knuckle draggers would still be in bed, 9am in the morning for example.

Tony Baloney

There was a tube on yesterday crying about why the police weren't investigating the arson attack on the Dunmurray bonfire  ;D

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

naka

Can't wait for Ruth Dudley Edwards to defend this cultural night and tell nationalists in the north to get back in their box.

red hander

Quote from: naka on July 11, 2017, 11:09:12 PM
Can't wait for Ruth Dudley Edwards to defend this cultural night and tell nationalists in the north to get back in their box.

Don't be holding your breath for that cnutbubble, naka

Applesisapples

The deafening sound of silence from mainstream unionist parties in relation to the McGuinness and Sinclair incidents in particular really tell you all you need to know, if you didn't already about their hypocritical attitudes.

LCohen

It's absolutely time for unionist leaders to do something about this.

There won't be an outright ban on bonfires but I can see a concerned resident taking an anonymous case to the courts. This will force a legal reaction and to avoid an outright ban concessions are made re meaningful controls and licensing

LCohen

Quote from: Itchy on July 11, 2017, 10:36:38 PM
Why do some ye sneak around to these bonfires and light them a day early? You could do it at a time that these knuckle draggers would still be in bed, 9am in the morning for example.

Because that would be a really stupid thing to do.

For reason some enjoy bonfires. I don't get it but I don't object to the actual enjoyment.

I do object to the drain on public resources, the damage done, the damage threatened etc. Lighting the thing a day earlier will make most of that worse.

What do these people make of Grenfell?

Kilkevan

Look at this video, particularly from 00:25 on. When the fire collapses and blocks off the street, the danger should be evident even to a moron, but these latchycos cheer like it's a great thing. If that's the mentality, there really is no hope.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-40567287

Dougal Maguire

Gay Pride flag was burned on top of at least one bonfire.
Careful now

Rois

The European flag was also on top of the Sandy Row bonfire (along with tricolours and election posters of course).  I noticed that it sprung up very quickly yesterday - must have been transported from somewhere else as it wasn't beside those apartments the day before.

dclane

And you all just sit back and do nothing about it...

Franko

Quote from: dclane on July 12, 2017, 11:01:27 AM
And you all just sit back and do nothing about it...

What would you suggest big lad?