blasmere

A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

meathie

Tyrone- to win well
Monaghan- but close
Limerick- to win well
Down- to win by a few

Croí na hÉireann

Got 6 out of 8 the last time, fecking Monaghan and Limerick...

Tyrone  v Westmeath - Never go against your own... If can win some ball in midfield or break everything we stand a chance..
Donegal v Monaghan - Will be a tight game, home advantage to swing it for Donegal...
Limerick v Kildare - Limerick to win by a couple, don't think the players are there in Kildare at the moment...
Laois v Down - Down on a roll, Laois on the slide, 3 points in it...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

I think I got 5 in the last round. Let down like a shite by Offaly and Meath. Monaghan also surprised me, but not much.

This time around

Tyrone v Westmeath - The further Westmeath go, the more likely our lads are to pull themselves together. I think this will a fascinating battle. One of the first proponents of swarm defense against a team which has brought it to another level. If Westmeath can get to grips with Brian McGuigan, they may well win this. I'd fancy a low scoring win for IarMhí, maybe 1-09 to 10 points or something like that.

Limerick v Kildare - Hands up, I completely underestimated Limerick, and perhaps Cork as well. I know Meath were a rabble on the day, but in fairness to Limerick they were savage until they allowed 4 goals in 'garbage' time. The news emanating from Cavan over the past while, and especially since Keoghan left, would make you wonder how prepared they were, and they still came within a last minute goal of beating Kildare. I fancy Limerick's midfield to give them the base to go on and win it, but I'd expect a lot more fight from Kildare. Limerick by 4.

Laois v Down - Whatever about Offaly's disgraceful effort in Tullamore, which will have done nothing for Down, the Mourne men still have some class footballers, and Laois will need Pauric Clancy to do trojan work around the middle of the field. Most of Down's play comes through the roaming Benny Coulter, so Laois will have to detail someone to take his threat away. Maybe Joe Higgins would have the mobility and stickiness. Tom Kelly likes to play a lot of ball, which would suit Coulter and Darren Rooney may not be mobile enough. Down will have a far stiffer task this weekend, but Laois have been relatively unconvincing. I'll go for Down by 3 or 4 points.

Donegal v Monaghan - This has all the hallmarks of a game that Donegal hate. A physical Monaghan side, buoyed up by beating Derry, will not fear going into the lion's den, and Donegal haven't proven to me that they can be relied on to keep their discipline and shape in intense championship battles. Donegal would have the best side on paper, and play nice football, but Monaghan will give them socks of it. I'd say the Farney will prevail by 3 points.

So, there you have it. Get your money on Tyrone, Laois, Kildare and Donegal :D

joemamas

AZ Offaly,

Very good analysis. Have to disagree on some games though.

Tyrone v Westmeath - I feel the same about Tyrone, the further they go the more confident they will get, a lot of hardened veterans there, and some players coming back from injury, not sure if could beat Dublin or Kerry, but will win this against a team that is decent 1 thru 9 , but has only two forwards, I believe Mickey Harte will be able to stifle westmeaths lack of options up front.

Limerick v Kildare - completely agree with prior analysis. Limerick by 5+

Laois v Down - I will go for the upset here, Down are missing two key players Liam Doyle and Ambrose Rodgers (i assume), that being the case and with the return of Padraig Clancy, I fancy Laois with home advantage to win. Down have a serious lack of physical presence. Could be a high scoring game.

Donegal v Monaghan - Donegal in my estimation should have beaten Derry, they game up a shitty goal and missed quiet a bit on top of that. Game against Roscommon was always going to be a no win situation. Monaghan on the other hand were completely outplayed by Derry in the second half last week, Quiet a few of their players walk a fine line, beginning with Rory Woods, could also include Daimen Freeman and Clerkin. Would not be shocked to see them end with less than 15. On top of that there is the revenge factor for the humiliating beating Monaghan gave them last year. Donegal to win by 2 or 3 in a bruiser.

AZOffaly

Sorry joe, just to clarify my first point re TY and WH, It was an aside remark. What I meant was the further Westmeath go, the more our lads (Offaly) are likely to get envious and pull themselves together.

downgirl

joemamas, don't be so sure of Down having a lack of physical presence, someone on the Laois V Down thread said Ambrose was training last night; so it should be himself and Dan in midfield!

Onlooker

Tyrone, Down, Limerick and Donegal.

blasmere

Quote from: blasmere on July 23, 2008, 09:33:16 AM
Tyrone
Monaghan
Kildare
Down

I wish I'd had a bet on this, I don't think anyone else got all 4
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 22, 2008, 07:29:58 PM
Think I got  six right form the first round, missed limerick obviously and took louth to beat tyrone.

Ah well going for 4/4 here

Tyrone
Donegal
Kildare
Down

Definitely gonna do this bet, will get some good enough proces come this end of the championship

Did this bet, f**king donegal!! Then did another double tonight with down and limerick!! Why did I change my mind?

Oriel Man

Quote from: Oriel Man on July 22, 2008, 10:02:37 PM
Tyrone
Monaghan
Limerick
Down

If only Limerick had done their job...... Bookies win again!!!