Qualifiers Round 2

Started by J70, July 19, 2008, 08:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechampishere

So Donegal Vs Monaghan is the live game on RTE at 5pm and I'm guessing that Tyrone Vs Westmeath will be live on TV3 at 3pm

BRING ON SATURDAY!!!

orangeman

Quote from: thechampishere on July 21, 2008, 03:45:58 PM
So Donegal Vs Monaghan is the live game on RTE at 5pm and I'm guessing that Tyrone Vs Westmeath will be live on TV3 at 3pm

BRING ON SATURDAY!!!

correct !

Mourne Rover

As I have just posted on the Laois v Down thread, RTE2  is scheduled to have qualifier coverage from 4.40pm to 9pm. This obviously means Donegal v Monaghan at 5pm and either Limerick v Kildare or - hopefully, as we are in Spain - Laois v Down at 7pm. Can anyone offer any more information ?

Oriel Man

Quote from: Mourne Rover on July 21, 2008, 04:54:17 PM
As I have just posted on the Laois v Down thread, RTE2  is scheduled to have qualifier coverage from 4.40pm to 9pm. This obviously means Donegal v Monaghan at 5pm and either Limerick v Kildare or - hopefully, as we are in Spain - Laois v Down at 7pm. Can anyone offer any more information ?
Unfortunately for you I Don't think so.... RTE only mentioned One qualifier (DL vs MN) Live on Sat.
I assume the 4.40pm to 9.00pm slot was to allow for different throw-in times, etc - you'll probably find a John Wayne or James Bond film from 7pm to 9pm.

Mourne Rover

OM, it seems that you are right. The RTE2 seven-day listings in the Sunday papers indicated coverage between 4.40pm and 9pm, but Sky's advance tv guide says that the programme finishes at 7pm. We will probably have to settle for a radio link via the internet.

Pangurban

Sadly we are going to lose one of the Ulster teams with Monaghan and Donegal drawn together, but lets hope all the rest advance safely, the omens are good

AZOffaly

Quote from: Pangurban on July 21, 2008, 07:44:56 PM
Sadly we are going to lose one of the Ulster teams with Monaghan and Donegal drawn together, but lets hope all the rest advance safely, the omens are good

Ah come off it. Don't make me shout for Laois!

ziggysego

Forgot to say last night, what did you all think of the post draw interviews with Joe Brolly and Colm O'Rourke? Rarest thing I've ever seen. Your doll (name escapes me) was chatting to Joe. Colm must have thought he was over camera, for he was fitting at his shirt. Next thing you know, he opened the top button and fitted it, so a little chest was showing. What the fcuk was that about?  :D
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on July 21, 2008, 09:35:33 PM
Forgot to say last night, what did you all think of the post draw interviews with Joe Brolly and Colm O'Rourke? Rarest thing I've ever seen. Your doll (name escapes me) was chatting to Joe. Colm must have thought he was over camera, for he was fitting at his shirt. Next thing you know, he opened the top button and fitted it, so a little chest was showing. What the fcuk was that about?  :D
It was hilarious - Brolly was a hoot, taking the piss out of O'Rourke and his RTÉ pay packet!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 21, 2008, 09:29:41 PM
Quote from: Pangurban on July 21, 2008, 07:44:56 PM

Ah come off it. Don't make me shout for Laois!

I thought you would have done anyways  :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

meathie

I reckon there'll only be one maybe 2 decent games here. I think Limerick will trounce Kildare and Tyrone will trounce Westmeath, Donegal vs Monaghan should be interesting though Monaghan should win out and Laois and Down maybe the hardest to call. just my opinion  :-\

ONeill

Will be in Dublin for the Tyrone/Westmeath game. What pub would you recommend?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2008, 11:20:34 AM
Will be in Dublin for the Tyrone/Westmeath game. What pub would you recommend?
You in city centre?
Messer Maguires opposite O'Connell Bridge is a good pub for grub and drink and will be showing the match too if its on telly
You'll Never Walk Alone.

amallon

RTE are running a poll on their site.  The question was "Which of the teams in the Football Qualifiers will go furthest?"

Mayo 28% (3184 votes)
Kerry 25% (2896 votes)
Donegal 8% (931 votes)
Tyrone 8% (884 votes)
Limerick 6% (709 votes)
Monaghan 6% (660 votes)
Armagh/Fermanagh 4% (504 votes)
Wexford 4% (408 votes)
Down 3% (389 votes)
Laois 3% (350 votes)
Westmeath 3% (342 votes)
Kildare 2% (249 votes)

Total Votes: 11506

I'm a bit surprised that more people think Donegal will go further than Armagh/Fermanagh.  More people fancy Donegal than Tyrone or Monaghan.  The Mayo boys must have been voting in force in this poll, I can't see them doing better than Kerry.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.