Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

off the laces

Quote from: Maiden1 on August 29, 2008, 10:12:19 AM
Quote from: off the laces on August 29, 2008, 08:20:20 AM
Quote from: passedit on August 28, 2008, 03:22:42 PM
It is a measure of the high esteem in which the county board holds St Pauls that they are asked to travel the length of the county to play Newry Mitchels in their backyard then play a league game the following night against a team who refused to play on both the originally fixed date and a second date offered by St Pauls (yet were able to send their reserves to the same venue on the same night.

Edit i think you will find that was due to a fixtures c**k up in that saul where to play bosco at bosco and the two teams had arranged the alternative date as bosco could not field then so SAUL accomodated them, then co. board put the original fixtures back in to place where SAUL where to play St Pauls but saul had made other arrangements for the thursday to monday night.
This is the reason for this rearranged fixture Passedit.

It is totally unfair to expect St Paul's to play a league fixture the day after a championship fixture.  It is also unfair on the likes of Glen who are just above Saul and just above the relegation zone as in all likelyhood St Paul's will now lose this fixture where as if they had a couple of days rest would be favourites to win this fixture.
I couldn't agree with you more maiden but what are we to do if the fixtures are there they need played i know saul would put the game off until nxt wkend on sunday but then again we all play on friday night.
Keeps 'er' straight

passedit

It is a measure of the high esteem in which the county board holds St Pauls that they are asked to travel the length of the county to play Newry Mitchels in their backyard then play a league game the following night against a team who refused to play on both the originally fixed date and a second date offered by St Pauls (yet were able to send their reserves to the same venue on the same night.

Edit i think you will find that was due to a fixtures c**k up in that saul where to play bosco at bosco and the two teams had arranged the alternative date as bosco could not field then so SAUL accomodated them, then co. board put the original fixtures back in to place where SAUL where to play St Pauls but saul had made other arrangements for the thursday to monday night.

It is totally unfair to expect St Paul's to play a league fixture the day after a championship fixture.  It is also unfair on the likes of Glen who are just above Saul and just above the relegation zone as in all likelyhood St Paul's will now lose this fixture where as if they had a couple of days rest would be favourites to win this fixture.

OTL, what were these alternative arrangements were ye all on a training camp for the weekend or just missing a few of your better players?
Do you think it's fair, to St Pauls or the teams below ye, that St Pauls have to play ye a day after a championship match?
Don't Panic

Maiden1

Quote from: off the laces on August 29, 2008, 11:10:07 AM

I couldn't agree with you more maiden but what are we to do if the fixtures are there they need played i know saul would put the game off until nxt wkend on sunday but then again we all play on friday night.

'saul would put the game off until nxt wkend on sunday but then again we all play on friday night.', bit of irony in that comment.  Saul might not want the game on the Sunday after a match on Friday night as you would only get 2 days rest but St Paul's are expcted to play 1 day after a championship??
There are no proofs, only opinions.

off the laces

Quote from: Maiden1 on August 29, 2008, 11:42:50 AM
Quote from: off the laces on August 29, 2008, 11:10:07 AM

'saul would put the game off until nxt wkend on sunday but then again we all play on friday night.', bit of irony in that comment.  Saul might not want the game on the Sunday after a match on Friday night as you would only get 2 days rest but St Paul's are expcted to play 1 day after a championship??
Saul had arranged a wedding that weekend and bosco also needed it moved therefore it suited both teams for that weekend.
Saul hold St pauls in the highest regard and therefore would accomodate st pauls in any way possible.
However Maiden1 you do not hold St Pauls in to high astem if you think st pauls will lose that league match, Over the past 4-5 years ST PAULS is one off the most improved teams in the county and SAUL are fully aware off that. As results between both teams will show.
Keeps 'er' straight

Mourne Rover

I have seen a fair bit of division three, and I know Drumgrath have been missing Lynch and Downey for most of the season. I also think they are a better side than the league leaders, Ardglass, who are hard to watch and have usually been grinding out dour results. However, Glasdrumman are a free-scoring team who, apart from a couple of off-days, have consistently run up some big totals against the main clubs They are looking good for promotion at this stage, while the gap between Drumgath and a play-off spot is fairly daunting.

DownFanatic

Down JFC Quarter Final
Bright 2-12  Ballykinlar 0-02

Worst game of football ive ever seen.

Maiden1

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 29, 2008, 09:26:38 PM
Down JFC Quarter Final
Bright 2-12  Ballykinlar 0-02

Worst game of football ive ever seen.

Thought the 4/7 for Bright to win was like giving away free money.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Shortso79

cloneman

umpire

Predictions league

3   Amallon
3   Bridgegael
3   BRIDGE LAD
3   D45
3   Stiff Breeze
2   Aristotle Flynn
2   Blue Island
2   downfanatic
2   dundrumite
2   General
2   Islandboy
2   Maiden 1
2   Minus15
2   Niall Quinn
2   off the laces
2   Passedit
2   Square Ball
2   Statto-gael
2   thewobbler
2   Umpire
1   Brick Tamlin

Square Ball

Quote from: Mourne Rover on August 29, 2008, 05:07:01 PM
I have seen a fair bit of division three, and I know Drumgrath have been missing Lynch and Downey for most of the season. I also think they are a better side than the league leaders, Ardglass, who are hard to watch and have usually been grinding out dour results. However, Glasdrumman are a free-scoring team who, apart from a couple of off-days, have consistently run up some big totals against the main clubs They are looking good for promotion at this stage, while the gap between Drumgath and a play-off spot is fairly daunting.

who do you think will go up?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

bridgegael

was at he saval match last night.  saval were on top from start to finish, i left with about 5mins to go and they were winning by 10points.  danny hughes was outstanding, don't know what he scored 7/8points??  he must like playing under lights.  was impressed with saval,  although laiotrim were poor.

some difference in them lights and the ones in newry,  visibility wasn't great last night.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

T O Hare

Quote from: bridgegael on August 30, 2008, 11:07:55 AM
was at he saval match last night.  saval were on top from start to finish, i left with about 5mins to go and they were winning by 10points.  danny hughes was outstanding, don't know what he scored 7/8points??  he must like playing under lights.  was impressed with saval,  although laiotrim were poor.

some difference in them lights and the ones in newry,  visibility wasn't great last night.

How did Ferghal Mc Conville play? He is usually a big game player, i remember him scoring a cracker of a goal against us a few years ago in senior championship
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bridgegael

fergal started off well,  was winning ball and laying it off to hughes quite a bit.  he was being fouled a few times and ref didn't give him anything,  was replaced with about 20 to go i think.  he's a good target man in the full forward line.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

D4S

Just placed my bet for the weekend...

Bredagh 5/6
Warrenpoint -4   5/6
Burren  1/1
Downpatrick+8   5/6
Shamrocks  4/7
St Pauls  4/7
St Michaels  2/5

Pays 213.03 for £5 would be very nice:)!!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.