Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: GlenMan on May 17, 2023, 12:26:08 AM
Quote from: time ticking away on May 16, 2023, 11:03:03 PM
Quote from: Jimbop on May 16, 2023, 09:57:53 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 15, 2023, 08:09:07 PM
Quote from: BG_Gael on May 15, 2023, 12:15:01 PM
Dont see any Wednesday night games so going to assume the game wasn't moved?

The fixture is next week. Here is the story and I would like opinions on it

Team approached opposition asking to move a Friday game to as a senior player was getting married on Thursday.
Opposition said didn't suit to change as they also had players not available
County board have changed the fixture regardless for reasons unknown but rumoured that one female CB official within the fixtures committee has a close friend in the club and pulled some strings.

I don't think this is that unusual and similar happened my own club a couple of years back and they refused to fulfil the fixture.

Would it be OTT for a club to seek legal advice on something like that?

She must have a thing for red heads

Can someone name a few names.
Why is this so secretive

Owen roes player is getting married next week
Clogher refused to change the game
Ccc stepped in and fixed the game for sunday instead

If anything the CB are using some common sense to prevent this clash.
Clogher look desperate, trying anything to get some points on the board

The situation as I'm told;
The wedding is Thursday
Clogher have players away at Premier League fixtures over the weekend and they will miss the game now that the county board have changed it despite their objections.

Sets a bad precedent but this must be the ruling of the new fixtures committee, I remember previously the laws were that fixtures couldn't go backwards only forwards and both teams had to agree but doesn't seem the case anymore.

marty34

Quote from: Under Lights on May 17, 2023, 07:43:06 AM

Team approached opposition asking to move a Friday game to as a senior player was getting married on Thursday.
County board have changed the fixture regardless for reasons unknown but rumoured that one female CB official within the fixtures committee has a close friend in the club and pulled some strings.

I don't think this is that unusual and similar happened my own club a couple of years back and they refused to fulfil the fixture.

Why is this so secretive

The situation as I'm told;
The wedding is Thursday
Clogher have players away at Premier League fixtures over the weekend and they will miss the game now that the county board have changed it despite their objections.

Sets a bad precedent but this must be the ruling of the new fixtures committee, I remember previously the laws were that fixtures couldn't go backwards only forwards and both teams had to agree but doesn't seem the case anymore.

Senior teams should be allowed to change 1 league fixture, required, per season.  Put in a rule like this.   

Under Lights

Still would need to suit the other team though?

breakingball78

I believe it's the exact same situation with Eskra and Derrytresk this Friday. Derrytresk have a wedding on the Thursday. Eskra wouldn't reschedule the game to earlier in the week because they have players away working in England. They wouldn't re schedule the game to the weekend either because they have a wedding. I seen last week however they were able to reschedule the game to earlier in the week against killyman? Surely the CCC should be able to look at this and fix the game for some stage later in the year.

Under Lights

Quote from: breakingball78 on May 17, 2023, 11:08:17 AM
I believe it's the exact same situation with Eskra and Derrytresk this Friday. Derrytresk have a wedding on the Thursday. Eskra wouldn't reschedule the game to earlier in the week because they have players away working in England. They wouldn't re schedule the game to the weekend either because they have a wedding. I seen last week however they were able to reschedule the game to earlier in the week against killyman? Surely the CCC should be able to look at this and fix the game for some stage later in the year.

Shame for Derrytresk that they haven't got someone in the club that is friendly a member of the fixture committee or she would have moved it for them despite what Eskra say.

Onthe40

i heard that Derrytresk are conceeding the game...can anyone confirm?  Bad state of affairs that points are being thrown away at this stage of the year

smort

Wedding on Thursday, game on Friday? What's the problem here?
Play the bloody game on Friday

ClubScene13

Quote from: Onthe40 on May 17, 2023, 11:21:24 AM
i heard that Derrytresk are conceeding the game...can anyone confirm?  Bad state of affairs that points are being thrown away at this stage of the year

Believe you're right. Though has it not always been this way, one club says we can't change and the fixture stays put where it was originally fixed?

That Clogher / Owen Roes situation is bizarre, you can be annoyed at Clogher for not changing a game but they're within their rights to say we can't accommodate, even though it is a scunder when it happens to your club.

Definitely harsh on them if it means they now are the team missing players because Owen Roes could pull a few strings.

Eire90

Quote from: smort on May 17, 2023, 11:38:41 AM

i assume they worried about being hungover

smort

Absolute joke if you ask me

Is this part of this 2-day wedding trend that was talked about on another thread

giveherlong

Simple solution, if players are involved book the weddings for a Saturday during summer
Even if you are playing on a Saturday you'll be at the hotel in time for the good part
Thursday weddings don't give much consideration to guests anyway!

clarshack

Quote from: smort on May 17, 2023, 12:08:40 PM
Absolute joke if you ask me

Is this part of this 2-day wedding trend that was talked about on another thread

a thursday wedding would suggest a 4 day bender.

breakingball78

Quote from: smort on May 17, 2023, 11:38:41 AM

My point is what makes the county board change one game with basically the same problem but can't change the other? Obviously something suspicious going on.

Jimbop

Not sure how Clogher are coming out looking the bad guys.

I'm sure a lot of people have booked weekends away on the basis of Friday night games then for this to be enforced upon them or any club when it doesn't suit is ridiculous.

It's the lads who now have to choose between going to a premier League game or staying at home for a league match is who I feel most sorry for.

Also can't blame Owen roes for wanting to change the game either and if they can use their contacts to their advantage then why wouldn't they.

The county board have a lot to answer for here. It's a disgrace that this can happen.

Why is this so secretive

trueblue1234

There needs to be transparency. Any date changes should come with a message from the committee to say why a change is agreed. Can be as simple as "As agreed by both clubs" Or "due to extenuating circumstances- then outline the reason"
At least then it would remove this doubt about why it was moved. If they've agreed to a reason then it gives precedence. Would minimise down any reasons very quickly.
Reality is, if not agreed by both clubs then there shouldn't be a move. But there does need to be an element of good faith involved by both parties.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit