Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: ONeill on March 07, 2007, 10:26:38 PM
You boys would make great British journos. The same team reached the Champions' League final last year. You can't do it every year. Nothing to do with English players - when have England won anything worthwhile? Last year it was Henry/Pires/Reyes/Fabregas/Toure that propelled them to the final. The year they went the seaon unbeaten it was Henry/Pires/Vieira/Edu/Gilberto/Toure...don't regurgitate your British press please.

The going was tight when 1-0 down to Utd with 10 mins left. Scored 2.
Who is talking about English players?
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syd The Sailor

Did i mention English players in my post cocksucker?
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Gabriel_Hurl

ONeill

I never read your post, and now that I have I see that you've nothing to offer. This time last year they ousted Madrid, then Juventus, then Villarreal all in tight games. They've won extremely tight games at home all season when in impossible situations. They've defeated Utd twice this season in tight games. They've defeated Liverpool three times. They were minutes from beating Chelsea.

However, a lack of cup form has seen them out tonight. Nothing to do with balls (which they've shown all season be it the reserves or first team).

Goats Do Shave

Jasas Syd calm the head lad!!! - You get excited to easily!!

It was me!!! I just thought that if Arsenal had a couple of dogged English player in the spine of their team they might be a harder side to beat!

Arsenal underperformed in the league last year, & have missed Sol Campbell & Viera in my opinion! - I thought the 2 names I suggested would be adequate replacements!?

Dinny Breen

QuoteArsenal underperformed in the league last year, & have missed Sol Campbell & Viera in my opinion

As a regular Arsenal watcher I can assure you that going on their last season for Arsenal they most certainly were not missed. The Gooners are paying the price for being involved in too many competitions, the 2 replays in the FA Cup were a massive factor, the players simply weren't getting a enough recovery time. Henry should not have been introduced last night but hindsight is a wonderful thing, so I agree with O'Neill in that Henry on one leg, Van Persie out, Gallas unfit and were big losses. And is akin to Chelsea playing without Drogba, Terry, Shevshenko and Lampard or Man U without Ronaldo, Vidic, Rooney and Scholes or Liverpool without Carragher, Gerrard and Alonso, they have no strikers that would be missed.

Although disappointing, this season has laid a very strong foundation for years to come.

As for the Champions League Liverpool and Chelsea are serious contenders, well organised and hard teams to score against but it's wide open, PSV are similar and only a fool would think that they would be an easy touch in the quarter-finals. Personally if I was a manager, Man U look like the weakest side left in it...
#newbridgeornowhere

Uladh

Delighted for the gooners.

Anything that takes bill gates and his "we don't buy players, we grow them" smarmy attitude down a peg is all good in my book.

FFS no club in the history of the game has spent as many tens of millions on teenagers.

Don't let the door hit yis on the arse on the way out

Dinny Breen

QuoteFFS no club in the history of the game has spent as many tens of millions on teenagers.

Eh! Can you list these players and their cost? By the way didn't Man U pay intially 23 million for a teenage Rooney and 12 million for a teenage Ronaldo. Your lack of knowledge beggars belief....
#newbridgeornowhere

Uladh

My lack of knowledge?

where have i denied any of that?

my point is united, chelsea, liverpool, etc don't play the youngsters card, pretending not to be competing in the transfer market.

your inability to read beggars belief...

blasmere

The Gunners are a delight to watch unlike Chelski & Liverpool and are to be commended on their youth policy, no club in world football has better young players.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Farrandeelin

Can't say I'm sorry for Arsenal. How long has Wenger left at arsenal anyway? Is it just next season?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dinny Breen

QuoteFFS no club in the history of the game has spent as many tens of millions on teenagers.

Uladh, did you not say that? Quite simply Man U spent more on two teenagers than all Arsenals teenages put together. You should think before you type  ::)

You didn't clarify your point until you posted the second time.
#newbridgeornowhere

Uladh

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 08, 2007, 11:46:43 AM

Quite simply Man U spent more on two teenagers than all Arsenals teenages put together.

I very very much doubt that. for a start, walcott cost far more that CR... great bit of business that was. i'm sure you're more versed in the detail, so tell me the amounts arsenal had to stump up in tribunals for the teenagers they've nicked, plus the millions they have already outlayed?

ONeill

Again, the fools the fools - they listen the the tripe Hansen and Co spout about Arsenal continually playing youngsters and then pass it off as their own opinion.

Last night Arsenal from 1-11 played the following ages:

26, 30, 30, 22

30, 20, 19, 26,

25, 23

Unless crippled by injury, or playing in the Carling Cup, Arsenal send out a team similar to the above (although missing Henry (29) and Rosicky (26) )

It's the petty lightweights who comment after the event is over, and never before, who need ignored.

Actually wasn't disappointed last night. It has been one of those seasons and believe it or not Arsenal are domestically better off than they were 12 months ago. Van Persie was shaping up as a 20-goaler this season before the injury.