Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

QuoteThats the boy Dinny, always gracious in defeat

;D

Does sound a bit ungracious but I just wish managers would be honest. Two penalty appeals turned down, 1 of which was stone wall and about 6 other wasted opportunities, Blackburn didn't defend well so how he can say they deserved it is beyond me. Blackburn are a poor man's Bolton and Mark Hughes is still a knob....
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

QuoteIs it not 3 defeats? Or are you only talking about domestic games?

Just the last two games where Senderos was directly culpable for the goals conceded. A season in the Championship is what he needs, he's just too young and inexperienced for the Premiership. He has no pace either but as Terry proves pace isn't everything....

Maybe I'm being harsh on the chap but I can't remember him every having a good game..
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

He actually had a decent World Cup. Apart from the goal he had a good game last night. Unfortunately, the lapses in concentration are criminal though he shouldn't have been playing right back last night.

The PSV game in monumental to the season now. Strangely I wasn't upset at either defeat in the cups. My silver lining is that I am now going to see them v Bolton on the 14th April as they're out of the cup.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

QuoteHe actually had a decent World Cup.

For a Swiss side that put 10 players behind the ball and the game is a lot slower. I hope he proves me wrong but he's just not good enough at the mo'.....
#newbridgeornowhere

tyroneman

Hope Arsenal fans have finally realised what the madristas already cottoned onto - Baptista is a complete buffoon. No touch, no positioning, can't score and goes over very easy for a man with his build.

Awful, awful player.

ONeill

For those interested - Arsenal v Reading live on RTE tomorrow.

Serious injury/suspension problems. 14 players to choose from he says.

ildanach

baptista will take time to settle, but he will come good eventually. I just hope its not too long
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

Quote from: ildanach on March 03, 2007, 12:57:18 PM
baptista will take time to settle, but he will come good eventually. I just hope its not too long

Good call - he just scored!

ONeill

A mixed bag today. Sublime football for the majority mixed with some criminal misses - check out Fabregas's. At 2-0 and coasting, Wenger makes the 'must-not-do' substitution and brings on a defender as Arsenal are defending a corner. Who is it? - Senderos! What does he do? Gets his head onto the ball but sends it towards Lehmann. On its way it hits Fabregas and goes in. Then Senderos gets booked. All this happens after his 87th minute introduction! Senderos is quickly approaching Stephanov legendary status.

Baptista - what can you say - - strong as a bull. Intelligence of a gnat. Very frustrating player.

ildanach

on the evidence of the last week, we really only have 3 reliable centre backs, gallas,toure and djourou (scaping the barrell). I dont know what connolly is going to to be like. in the summer we really need to buy another, also a keeper and maybe another striker.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

Been a long time since Arsenal have had no interest in any competition from March.

Goats Do Shave

Surprised with this result. I know PSV are a decent side...but they will be the team eveyone wants in the draw on Friday!

Arsenal probably just miss a couple of, dare I say it...English type players. The likes of Hargreaves & Woodgate!!

GalwayBayBoy

Arsenal all fur coat and no knickers.

Syd The Sailor

Arsenal just dont have the nuts for it when the going gets tight.....Too many players preening and prancing, you are allowed to shoot from outside the box.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

ONeill

You boys would make great British journos. The same team reached the Champions' League final last year. You can't do it every year. Nothing to do with English players - when have England won anything worthwhile? Last year it was Henry/Pires/Reyes/Fabregas/Toure that propelled them to the final. The year they went the seaon unbeaten it was Henry/Pires/Vieira/Edu/Gilberto/Toure...don't regurgitate your British press please.

The going was tight when 1-0 down to Utd with 10 mins left. Scored 2. When they beat Liverpool 3-0, 3-1 and 6-3 there was little lacking.

Today can be put down to a serious slump in cup form not helped with with Henry on one leg, Van Persie out, Gallas unfit, Rosicky out.