Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

jaysus your right, a savage kick he got. hopefully he will be right. score at the minute for anyone is still 1.1.

stew

The Gooners are gonners!!!!!! ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Apart from the result, that was a pleasure to watch. Fair play to Wenger for keeping to his experiment. Up until the Terry incident, Diaby was playing a stormer. It seemed to affect him badly. I'd have had Adebayor on for Baptista at HT.

Well done Chelsea - Drogba always had Senderos's number. Pity the discipline of the older guys (Toure, Adebayor, Lampard) went at the end.

Very proud of the way the young'uns played. The passing was phenomenal. 

Fearon will be unbearable. Expect 409 threads on North London.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Truth

Quote from: ONeill on February 25, 2007, 05:58:05 PM
Apart from the result, that was a pleasure to watch. Fair play to Wenger for keeping to his experiment. Up until the Terry incident, Diaby was playing a stormer. It seemed to affect him badly. I'd have had Adebayor on for Baptista at HT.

Well done Chelsea - Drogba always had Senderos's number. Pity the discipline of the older guys (Toure, Adebayor, Lampard) went at the end.

Very proud of the way the young'uns played. The passing was phenomenal. 

Fearon will be unbearable. Expect 409 threads on North London.

Wenger has an unbelievable ability for unearthing young players. I think todays game showed Arsenal have a bright future and they have the makings of a great team, on the other hand where will Chelsea be when Abramovich jumps ship?
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

ONeill

I thought the Chelsea fans were shockingly poor in one section of the crowd. This photo wasn't an isolated incident:

Norf Tyrone

I think Fabregas was extremely childish when the Chelsea fans were 'cloding him'. It's only a lump of fecking celery. It's a traditional Chelsea think to bring celery to Cup finals, and throw it each other, and onto the pitch. Fabregas' ability to milk it, only encouraged this behaviour.

This, his petulance at the end, and his swipe at Hughes last week is a pity for young Cesc. Fine a player he is, he'd need to start growing up.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

The Chelsea fans were disgraceful. I'm fully aware of their celery tradition but it's not the done thing to throw the celery at opposing players when they're trying to take a corner. This happened on three occasions.

As for the Cesc/Hughes incident, as the Sunday Times explained, there was only one man lacking class - and that was Hughes. As he walked off, Cesc asked Hughes if he had played for Barcelona and when Hughes replied in the affirmative Fabregas said 'that's not Barcelona football'. In the context of what is said on a field every day, pretty harmless stuff. Hughes' reply was "f*** off you f*****. F*** f***' etc etc. Fabregas, unbeknownst to Arsene and Arsenal went to Hughes afterwards and apologised. This was just after Hughes went whinging to the press.

For a 19-year old, Fabregas is remarkably mature. Lampard actually apologised yesterday, saying that he thought Fabregas was being aggressive but now realises he was trying to break up Toure and Mikel.

Dinny Breen

QuoteI think Fabregas was extremely childish when the Chelsea fans were 'cloding him'. It's only a lump of fecking celery.

Hmm, are you serious? The Chelsea fans were muppets, end of. Bring their celery but to throw it as players is wrong, simple as that, next you'll be codoning pigs heads...
#newbridgeornowhere

SlimShady

the whiney wee w**ker was lucky Sparky didnt wail into him! now THAT would have been worth watching.

hitzelsperger

the highlight of sunday for me was the performance of Denilson, up against essien and lampard he was majestic, another gem unearthed by Monsieur Wenger!

Norf Tyrone

I should probably calibrate my comments by stating that I in no way condone fans throwing objects onto the pitch, but it was only celery, not coins or fireworks. The game of football is too sanitised these days. Done at the Bridge you are not allowed banners into the ground....in case they go on fire!

My point was that I fely Fabregas milked the situation, and over reacted. If he had've ignored it the first time and got on with it, it would've stoped...sorta.

Gold

Cesc was defo the aggressive v Lampard--he needs clipped
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Dinny Breen

Senderos, Senderos, Senderos, 2 games 2 defeats he's just not good enough....

I hate agreeing with Andy Gray because he really hasn't a clue but half way through the second half he stated Blackburn will win this 1 - 0, the Goons didn't take their chances and were mugged. Mark Hughes is a knob, 2 shots on target and they deserved to win it  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

full back

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 01, 2007, 07:56:54 AM
Mark Hughes is a knob, 2 shots on target and they deserved to win it  ::)

Thats the boy Dinny, always gracious in defeat :D

Norf Tyrone

A doubt Hansen was ahead of his time....

QuoteSenderos, Senderos, Senderos, 2 games 2 defeats he's just not good enough....

Is it not 3 defeats? Or are you only talking about domestic games?