Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Feckin' right. Although in fairness myself and Dinny are nearly singing off the saym hymnsheet when it comes to Munster Rugby at this stage. His new jersey is in the post :D

Dinny Breen

Uladh,

I don't have O'Neills faith in Almunia and think Reina is the better goalie. AZ do doubt is honoured to be mistaken for one of God's chosen people. Munster Rugby though will be ripped a new arse-hole this forthcoming Saturday by a side playing the kind of rugby Munster can only aspire to.....
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

What's that Dinny? Ah sure we might let ye have the Magner's league again (if ye can avoid choking of course).

"Only play on Setanta, ye only play on Setanta!!"

ildanach

the only way we will win this one is if we score first. If we can get the lead it will be advantage arsenal as liverpool will have to come out and play a bit. as can be seen by my posts i am not a senderos fan, however he did a good enough job last week. Dont know will wenger throw caution to the wind and go with walcott. on the wing think he will go with diaby.
I would like to see us go 4-3-1-2

almunia
                                        eboue gallas toure clichy

diaby cesc flamini

hleb
                                              walcott adebayor

with van persie to come on and bentner in reserve

Also did anyone see that barcelona may want to off load Henry in the summer??
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

muppet

YESSSSS

I was just telling the wife how crap Diaby was!
MWWSI 2017

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Owenmoresider

muppet

Brady gave fair analysis.

"Stonewall peno not given, debatable one given but that's football. Not a good night for Arsenal but a great night for football." Won't argue with that.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2008, 09:41:34 PM

"Stonewall peno not given, debatable one given but that's football. Not a good night for Arsenal but a great night for football." Won't argue with that.

Yeah, difficult for Chippy on a night like tonight, being so close to the Arse.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 08, 2008, 09:55:37 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2008, 09:41:34 PM

Yeah, difficult for Chippy on a night like tonight, being so close to the Arse.
After getting all stroppy when they showed a piece about Wenger getting animated/frustrated on Saturday. Not taking another CL failure that well either.

gawa316

Jaysus how can a manager like Wenger continue to play Senderos. He is the reason we are through tonight.

Surely Toure should have been in there with eboue rb and walcott/a.n. other on the right?

ONeill

We're not a big team. But we're better than Spurs. That's enough.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

I think the panel were unfair on Liam Brady tonight. They know the position he is in, and if they want him to continue as a member of their panel, they have a funny way of showing it. He was obviously hurting from an extremely brave performance coming up short, and to have to sit through Dunphy giggling like a schoolkid about Arsene being like John Cleese was, as he said, a stitch up. There was a serious point, which Brady tried to make, about Wenger getting frustrated at how things are transpiring towards the season's end, and Souness was being serious enough too. But Dunphy and the editors obviously went and said 'If Arsenal lose, we'll use this piece to show him losing it'. That's a stitch up, and Brady was right.

Hard luck tonight lads, but ye have nothing to be down about. That's another fabulous team, playing fabulous football, in the oven there. They are just not 'done' yet.

ONeill

You have to credit Liverpool. There's something for that physical pressure on opposition that Arsenal neglect that's admirable.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

5 16-Feb-08 A Manchester United L 0-4 (0-3)

2 L1 20-Feb-08 H Milan D 0-0 (0-0)  60,082
2 L2 04-Mar-08 A Milan W 2-0 (0-0) Fabregas 84; Adebayor 90 81,879
QF L1 02-Apr-08 H Liverpool D 1-1 (1-1) Adebayor 23 60,041
QF L2 08-Apr-08 A Liverpool L 2-4 (1-1) Diaby 13; Adebayor 84

27 23-Feb-08 A Birmingham City D 2-2 (0-1) Walcott 50, 55 27,195
28 01-Mar-08 H Aston Villa D 1-1 (0-1) Bendtner 90 60,097
29 09-Mar-08 A Wigan Athletic D 0-0 (0-0)  19,676
30 15-Mar-08 H Middlesbrough D 1-1 (0-1) Toure 86 60,084
31 23-Mar-08 A Chelsea L 1-2 (0-0) Sagna 59 41,824
32 29-Mar-08 A Bolton Wanderers W 3-2 (0-2) Gallas 62; Van Persie 68p; Samuel(og) 91 22,431
33 05-Apr-08 H Liverpool D 1-1 (0-1) Bendtner 54

Two wins in twelve games since Feb 11 win over Blackburn. God Arsenal play great football, but that statistic is shocking. All well and good passes completed, tackles made, etc. But the lack of squad has seriously hurt Arsenal at the Business end of the season (again).