You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

The fact that I have to listen to the biggest load of shite from some annoying bollocks in Orange when I want to listen to my voice mail messages!

I DON'T WANT ANY SPECIAL DEALS
I DON'T WANT TO RECORD A SPECIAL MESSAGE

I WOULD ACTUALLY LOVE IT IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW WHEN I HAVE A NEW VOICE MAIL MESSAGE SO I DON'T RANDOMLY RING VOICEMAIL TO DISCOVER I'VE SEVEN NEW MESSAGES!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ludermor

no i dont have a f**king value club card

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 03, 2007, 09:26:51 PM
The fact that I have to listen to the biggest load of shite from some annoying bollocks in Orange when I want to listen to my voice mail messages!

I DON'T WANT ANY SPECIAL DEALS
I DON'T WANT TO RECORD A SPECIAL MESSAGE

I WOULD ACTUALLY LOVE IT IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW WHEN I HAVE A NEW VOICE MAIL MESSAGE SO I DON'T RANDOMLY RING VOICEMAIL TO DISCOVER I'VE SEVEN NEW MESSAGES!

Orange sound shit. Vodafone just ring me if I have a voicemail. If I miss the call, they text me. When I ring to listen, no adverts, straight to the voicemail.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Orange are the biggest load of shit! Never again!

It went through a phase where when people called me it'd go straight to voicemail, without ringing!!! the person would leave a message.
I would never be shown I'd a missed call I would never be told I've a voice mail message - when I rang voicemail the message wouldn't even be there!!

Now it's going through this phase of only showing me the odd missed call but storing the message and not telling me there is one so I ring it this evening because someone told me they'd left a message to discover I've seven - 3 of which are from someone connected to work giving out that he's called me x y and z times and I've never got back to him (that's from over a week ago)!!!
I'm going to have to ring him tomorrow and let on I've been away on holidays or something!  ffs

(hope he doesnt read the board - or start asking me about my holiday)

Never again!

Hardy

People, especially "public" people in Ireland, like media commentators, news script writers and such, who refer to the army or, say the government as "the Irish army" or "the Irish government". What do they think? That if they said  "he served in the army for many years" we'd wonder what army they meant? The Chinese army, maybe? You'd never hear the BBC refer to "the British army". In fact they even refer to their sporting events as "the Grand National", "the Open", etc.

And not only that, but when RTE news is reporting British news, they'll refer to "the queen" or "the House of Commons" instead of the queen of the UK, or whatever. What's going on there?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2007, 11:03:07 AM
Unable to overcome an addiction to tea. 6-7 a day. Every day.

Unable to overcome an addiction to Lucozade,at least 5 a day
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Blisters on my feet - busted two on my left foot and three on my right this evening  :-\

pintsofguinness

I use to drink 2-4 ltrs of coke a day (no not the drug) and I thought that was bad!
You must have been doing some pissing 5ivetimes!

Went cold turkey one lent - probably 6 or 7 years ago now and have never drank coke since, wouldn't even thank you for it now.

The Real Laoislad

When i spent my year in Australia,Lucozade was very hard come across,I didn't drink it for a full 12 months but as soon as i got home i was back hooked on it again...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 04, 2007, 10:46:54 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 02, 2007, 11:03:07 AM
Unable to overcome an addiction to tea. 6-7 a day. Every day.

Unable to overcome an addiction to Lucozade,at least 5 a day

Im the same at home. We just got it into the new irish produce store over here, and I was back on it like crazy. 4/5 bottles a day. Then I figured out that it was the lucozade that was cutting the arse off me. Ive now put myself down to about 3 bottles a week.
Was off the coke too for a long time, was drinking the diet, but recently Ive been back on the full sugar stuff. Its padding the waistline.

pintsofguinness

Does anyone else drink Pepsi Max - I drink 2-3 ltrs a day. 

pintsofguinness

pintsofguinness

Pepsi max has no sugar or calories. 

I don't think I'm addicted either, I just drink a lot of soft drinks - Club Orange is another favourite. 
I never drank tea or coffee in my life either.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

To change the subject, in the same way as you sort of grow attached to a boil on your arse, does anyone else miss Smowed Under

Puckoon

Right up your alley Pints

BTW, how much caffeine/sodium is in the pepsi max?