China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

0 deaths 93 more cases today

5 in ICU
29 in hospital

Some carry on with this girl... I'd say a foreign national, they just don't get it. At least mid west radio do Covid warning adverts in different languages. Time for RTE to follow suit.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/outbreak-at-care-home-after-worker-hid-her-virus-diagnosis-39482114.html

The north has 2 x sign language people in the background is that for Irish language and English? Bit OTT?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Yes it's for the 2 sign languages.
Parity of Esteem.
I believe the Kildare lockdown to continue and pubs not to open next Monday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

smelmoth

Quote from: thewobbler on August 27, 2020, 04:28:55 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 27, 2020, 03:59:55 PM
The latest "Karen" theory is that Coronavirus  is obviously a scam because "the 81" went ahead with their dinner without any concerns.

If we can leave poor Karen out of this for a minute.

Golfgate saw a group awash with some of the most highly educated, highly connected, highly informed decisionmakers in the country come together to completely ignore the advice on social distancing, that has been drummed into us for 5 months.

Everyone in that room evaluated the social occasion as a risk worth taking.

They cannot be uninformed. Not in their roles. So does this mean they:

A. are extraordinarily stupid?, or
B. possess a God complex? or
C. understand the risk is negligible.

I don't think A is a reasonable position to take. There's nobody soft upstairs in that gathering. And by the way, having a different position on Covid does not make them stupid. Covid has evidentially been nowhere near as lethal as originally predicted.

So it's either B or C.

The answer is probably B. But I guarantee you that this gathering wouldn't have happened in April. As very few people trusted their inner God vs Covid then.

Was the hotel and golf course open in April?

thewobbler

I'm not sure on your angle Smelmouth.

But I am sure that the levels of house parties and other informal gatherings rose dramatically in June. This was partly caused by boredom. But it was also fuelled by people assessing the risk as one worth taking, based on the lethal impact of Covid.

highorlow

Pubs should open. Leave nightclubs shut. Time for life to get back to some kind of normal. Is there any hotspots in the north caused by the pubs opening?

The health overlords are truly losing the run of themselves at this stage. Flatten the curve they said....more people have died on roads in the last few weeks than with this virus.

Main Street

Quote from: highorlow on August 27, 2020, 06:13:49 PM

5 in ICU
29 in hospital

Some carry on with this girl... I'd say a foreign national, they just don't get it. At least mid west radio do Covid warning adverts in different languages. Time for RTE to follow suit.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/outbreak-at-care-home-after-worker-hid-her-virus-diagnosis-39482114.html

The north has 2 x sign language people in the background is that for Irish language and English? Bit OTT?
"they don't get it, do they"? 

Who are the "they"?  and in this instance why assume the mother who works in the care facility doesn't understand enough english.
What language should the covid regulations be put into so that factory management and heath authorities understand their duties and responsibilities.
Those management who are supposed to supervise the health welfare of  low salaried workers in the refrigerated meat processing factories, the health authorities who are supposed to make sure that health welfare practices are in place.  that test and fast results also be in place  and all in knowing that red flags have been flying wildly about such workplaces for months.

it could be that the woman is working for crap wages  and can't afford to lose a weekend shift. Then thought better about it 2 days later, but up until her son came home from a virus infested shoddy workplace factory, she was probably doing alright.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on August 27, 2020, 07:23:08 PM
Parity of Esteem.

Isl and

5 in ICU
29 in hospital

I'm not sure they sign in 'Irish' more so that its the ISL and is very related to types of american sign language
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

highorlow

Quoteit could be that the woman is working for crap wages  and can't afford to lose a weekend shift. Then thought better about it 2 days later, but up until her son came home from a virus infested shoddy workplace factory, she was probably doing alright.

Read the article again, or maybe don't bother as you are set in your ways, your probably one of those do gooders that also defends the ethnic travelling community when they race their pieballs down the motorway.

andoireabu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2020, 08:54:42 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 27, 2020, 07:23:08 PM
Parity of Esteem.

Isl and

5 in ICU
29 in hospital

I'm not sure they sign in 'Irish' more so that its the ISL and is very related to types of american sign language

ISL and BSL. Both separate languages and neither a mirror of English or Gaeilge, I.e the ISL signer isn't signing "go raibh maith agat".
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

highorlow

Cheers for the sign language clarification. Didn't know about that.

armaghniac

Quote from: highorlow on August 27, 2020, 11:57:36 PM
Pubs should open. Leave nightclubs shut. Time for life to get back to some kind of normal. Is there any hotspots in the north caused by the pubs opening?

The health overlords are truly losing the run of themselves at this stage. Flatten the curve they said....more people have died on roads in the last few weeks than with this virus.

There has been a large cluster in the 26 counties because of a pub.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lurganblue

Nearly every GAA club in lurgan has now been hit. House parties seem to have been the main cause of the spread.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: lurganblue on August 28, 2020, 02:09:53 PM
Nearly every GAA club in lurgan has now been hit. House parties seem to have been the main cause of the spread.

At this stage I'd actually go out on a limb and say it's not so much the house parties....its what ahem....goes on at them.

dublin7

We are coming up on 6 months dealing with Covid-19 now and Covid fatigue if you you like is setting in. People are becoming fed up of the travel restrictions, meals in pubs etc.

All the negative news with rising daily case numbers and no sign of a vaccine doesn't help people's morale.

It's difficult for the government as it's not like they want to make these decisions to keep businesses closed. It's a fine line between locking down the country to reduce Covid cases and yet still keep the economy running on a reasonable level.

imtommygunn

I have someone on my twitter feed who's a fairly active "non believer" in terms of covid. It's interesting reading the different perspectives. So RTE ran an article either today or yesterday about the steady increase in hospitals from it. The article read 2 in one day(whatever day that was) and 8 in a week. The non believer was incensed at this and replied "really - 2 in a day".  She had some kind of point although interestingly they spun it for the larger number while she spun it for the smaller one.

Yes definitely people are getting a bit peeved with it. It will be nice if or when normality finally resumes in whatever form it takes. Going for a beer and going to watch a football/hurling match are things I very much miss.