26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on August 21, 2020, 07:26:01 AM
Quite the scandal down south.

Judging by Twitter, the electorate are absolutely seething.

Gov on very shaky ground now, one more scandal or mess up away from collapsing you would feel. It's the death knell for FF.

I have to say even I am amazed at the sheer incompetence of this governement - one leader asleep in the Dail, idioitic inconsistent and illogical new rules on COVID, a health minister talking gibberish about trampolines (he is surely due a jump to a new party soon) and now a gang of them breaking their own rules blatently. Unbelievable.

What is shocking is that an RTE employee like Sean O Rourke is so cozy with the FF'ers and yet gets to slag off other parties on the national broadcaster, another fine example of the so called impartial national broadcaster in action.

And then Phil Hogan, lets see did he quarantine properly after returning from Belgium. No doubt the arrogant bollix will claim he has diplomatic immunity or something like that.

armaghniac

Seán O'Rourke is retired.
Phil Hogan has questions to ask.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on August 21, 2020, 08:43:52 AM
Seán O'Rourke is retired.
Phil Hogan has questions to ask.

Yes, I know he is retired but I think the mask has dropped anyway. If he truly was asking FF the hard questions over the years would he be this cosy with them? I dont think so.

sid waddell

Sean O'Rourke gave the game away about his politics during the 8th Amendment referendum campaign when he let the scumbags of the pro-death "pro-life" campaign away with murder

So no surprise that he was in attendance in Clifden

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on August 21, 2020, 08:39:12 AM

Gov on very shaky ground now, one more scandal or mess up away from collapsing you would feel. It's the death knell for FF.

I have to say even I am amazed at the sheer incompetence of this governement - one leader asleep in the Dail, idioitic inconsistent and illogical new rules on COVID, a health minister talking gibberish about trampolines (he is surely due a jump to a new party soon) and now a gang of them breaking their own rules blatently. Unbelievable.

What is shocking is that an RTE employee like Sean O Rourke is so cozy with the FF'ers and yet gets to slag off other parties on the national broadcaster, another fine example of the so called impartial national broadcaster in action.

And then Phil Hogan, lets see did he quarantine properly after returning from Belgium. No doubt the arrogant bollix will claim he has diplomatic immunity or something like that.

The most shocking thing was the O'Rourke one for me. The state broadcaster is joined at the hip with FFG and are not objective in their reporting. This proves it. O'Rourke was meant to be an impartial broadcaster on a current affairs show, in reality he was a FFG press officer, having heard his show in the past, this is no surprise.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on August 21, 2020, 09:12:46 AM
Quote from: Itchy on August 21, 2020, 08:39:12 AM

The most shocking thing was the O'Rourke one for me. The state broadcaster is joined at the hip with FFG and are not objective in their reporting. This proves it. O'Rourke was meant to be an impartial broadcaster on a current affairs show, in reality he was a FFG press officer, having heard his show in the past, this is no surprise.

Fianna Gael, RTÉ and the Indo etc. are part of what is commonly known as the establishment.

brokencrossbar1

After the hammering the Shinners got over Bobby Storey's funeral I wonder what the reaction will be....

sid waddell

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 21, 2020, 10:37:01 AM
After the hammering the Shinners got over Bobby Storey's funeral I wonder what the reaction will be....
David Cullinane was on RTE radio there a few minutes ago demanding the resignations of those who were at the event in Clifden

He's not wrong about that

But then he should be demanding the resignations of his own party leadership

Is he demanding the resignations of MaryLou McDonald and Michelle O'Neill?

Is he f**k

The sheer brass neck of Cullinane is breathtaking, but then this is the guy who shouted "Up The RA" after the election

McDonald and O'Neill will be cannier than Cullinane and will keep their heads down during this

andoireabu

According to Donal O'Keeffe "it's depressing to see the FF/FG/Green Government follow Sinn Fein's Bobby Storey example...."

Didn't take long to rope them into it some way
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

sid waddell

Quote from: andoireabu on August 21, 2020, 10:42:34 AM

According to Donal O'Keeffe "it's depressing to see the FF/FG/Green Government follow Sinn Fein's Bobby Storey example...."

Sinn Fein are worse as it was their leadership who broke the rules

So anything Sinn Fein say over this is the purest hypocrisy

They gave a two fingers to all those who observed the rules

They are completely fair game to be brought up in relation to what happened in Clifden

brokencrossbar1

Anyone who attends any event should be held accountable. Attending a funeral was bad. Attending a lavish event, to make deals, shake hands and basically thumb noses at the rest of the plebs is an affront to every single person who has made sacrifices and shows the FFG for what they are. Sleeveens of the highest order with no integrity or morals. A real case of f**k you from them

gallsman

Phil Hogan appears to think he's done nothing wrong as he only attended the event on the "clear understanding" from the organisers and the hotel that they had been assured by the Irish Hotels Federation that the event was in line with guidelines. As if the fecking Irish Hotels Federation is responsible or accountable here ffs!

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 10:46:53 AM
Dara Calleary is the FF deputy leader.

They are completely fair game to be brought up in relation to what happened in Clifden
By the same token, wouldn't you suggest that those FFGers like Neale Richmond who were all over twitter like a rash after the Storey funeral, but who are being silent as mice today, are fair game? I see the only tweet written by Neale since this story has broken, is about how nice a walk it is around Lough Hyne in Co. Cork  ::)

Itchy

Quote from: andoireabu on August 21, 2020, 10:42:34 AM

So anything Sinn Fein say over this is the purest hypocrisy

They gave a two fingers to all those who observed the rules

Indoor vrs Outdoor, Indoor way way worse.

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 12:50:20 PM
Dara Calleary is the FF deputy leader.

By the same token, wouldn't you suggest that those FFGers like Neale Richmond who were all over twitter like a rash after the Storey funeral, but who are being silent as mice today, are fair game? I see the only tweet written by Neale since this story has broken, is about how nice a walk it is around Lough Hyne in Co. Cork  ::)
Mary Lou McDonald is the Sinn Fein leader

Michelle O'Neill is the NI leader of Sinn Fein

Have a go at whoever you want, there's hypocrisy within FG for sure, but SF are really deep into the rabbit hole of hypocrisy here and it's not a conspiracy or an "anti-Sinn Fein media" thing, it's more than fair game to bring it up