Tailteann Cup 2023 - Rules from GAA Master Fixtures List

Started by GAABoardMod5, March 29, 2023, 02:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier23

They would need to find two weeks - scraping the preliminary QF in Tailteann and just putting in top two gets you one.

Eire90

Would that not turn the tailteaan cup basically into like the old backdoor qualifier system if the finalists get back into all ireland same year.Also could finalists platy less intense in the finals if both qualify for all ireland.

imtommygunn

Rossfan

+1.
As for the soccer bucks talking about "Cup" competitions...
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lazer

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2023, 04:00:52 PM
+1.
As for the soccer bucks talking about "Cup" competitions...

Call it whatever you want, the league is the league. The other major competition (Sam Maguire, All-Ireland, cup or whatever, name doesnt matter) is the knockout - zero need for the round Robins and extra games.

If the winner of the Tailteann made it into the Sam Maguire in the same year it would definitely improve it though!

Have zero interest in soccer
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Rossfan

90% of the GAA's Congress felt it heresies.
Both competitions have knock ou t phases for those who are addicted .
The craic of training for 9 months for 1 game is thankfully out the cwindow.
Tailteann winners get to play in Sam the following year.
That'll do them instead of being parachuted into the closing stages for a hammering the same year.

snoopdog

Down seniors haven't won a national title in 29 years. We will ve delighted to win it and use it as a stepping stone to hopefully start to be competitive against the div 1 and 2 counties. 

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2023, 05:04:26 PM
90% of the GAA's Congress felt it heresies.
Both competitions have knock ou t phases for those who are addicted .
The craic of training for 9 months for 1 game is thankfully out the cwindow.
Tailteann winners get to play in Sam the following year.
That'll do them instead of being parachuted into the closing stages for a hammering the same year.

Yeah and it's not like it did either Offaly or Tipperary any use in the hurling. Or Dublin for that matter.

Aristo 60

what way do Meath ones see the final going?

I think it will be close but Down will do enough to overturn the defeat of the last day.

ardtole

I'm a Down man living in Meath,and I sense the Meath supporters are confident of beating us. I think they put our last performance down to Laois being poor rather than Down being good.

Having said that I'm fairly confident we will win, I think Laverty has done an excellent job, I'd Like to see McEvoy start though, he has been very impressive all year.

It's a pity we didn't get out of div3 this year, I'd really like to see us tested against some of the stronger teams next season.

The pace throughout the Down team is unreal, and I think we have improved considerably since the Meath league game, though the Meath supporters feel they have improved too.

snoopdog

Let's hope tickets will be easy to come by. All depends on who is on the AI SF that day. Prob be 60 euro a ticket

Blowitupref

Quote from: snoopdog on June 28, 2023, 04:33:50 PM
Let's hope tickets will be easy to come by. All depends on who is on the AI SF that day. Prob be 60 euro a ticket

Last year it was €50 for seats and €35 for Hill 16.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

€50 for seats for this year's Hurley stuff semis.

SHEEDY

it's £45 sitting, £30 for the hill
nil satis nisi optimum

Lazer

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 28, 2023, 05:23:04 PM
it's £45 sitting, £30 for the hill

Not worth it when the only match I'm interested is the Tailteann final.

Might go if Derry happen to being playing the semi on the same day (hubbie is from Derry) and I can get a hil ticket
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)