NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 16, 2019, 09:09:26 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 16, 2019, 09:05:57 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 16, 2019, 08:57:53 PM
Says it all with O'Rourke mourning Dublin not in the League Final with the loss of revenue to the GAA.
The man is ridiculous, should be long gone from the coverage.

A Kerry/Galway final would see a record (low) attendance.

Galway have a very tough away fixture to finish so it's not the most likely outcome but if Galway win and get through so what about the attendance? Is revenue generation on matchday in CP the only concern?

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 16, 2019, 09:08:29 PM
Brilliant win tonight for Mayo on the road. Didn't give them a chance. Midfield is definitely AOS best position. Mattie Ruane a r3al find and took his goal well. Loftus didn't impress and I thought Boland did more than him when he went on for him. James Durcan was poor also. I have to say for a few minutes early in the second half I was getting frustrated with the lateral handpass shenanigans. Conditions were terrible but well done to the lads for digging it out. Monaghan next up, another difficult test.

Tonight's selection was very brave by Horan and makes the win even more remarkable. Ruane and McDonagh are keepers but Horan cannot be too pleased as regards panel development - especially forwards. Alright, there were some good performances there tonight but without Kevin McLoughlin we would have got nowhere near it. I'm pinning my hopes on Ryan O Donoghue - realising that he is out injured and has yet to make senior debut but that's where we are imo.

Over the Bar

Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2019, 08:56:59 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 16, 2019, 07:40:55 PM
Towards the end of the first half Dublin were a joy to watch paying the ball around but didn't result in a score
Usual cynicism fromTyrone. Not sure how their no 22 stayed on the pitch after taking out Fenton in the 1st half. Weak ref and Tyrone took advantage. It is strange not to have a league final to forward to

Mustn't one of the refs that Dublin give brown envelope to for behind closed doors games to practice cheating then?

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 16, 2019, 09:44:23 PM
Says it all with O'Rourke mourning Dublin not in the League Final with the loss of revenue to the GAA.

Galway have a very tough away fixture to finish so it's not the most likely outcome but if Galway win and get through so what about the attendance? Is revenue generation on matchday in CP the only concern?

Of course it is! That's all the GAA care about. There will be a plethora of empty corporate boxes on the day as well. Not to mention the losses to the vendors on the day. Croke Park is a business that depends on Dublin as it's main customer.

straightred

Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2019, 09:19:17 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 16, 2019, 09:10:11 PM
Towards the end of the first half Dublin were a joy to watch paying the ball around but didn't result in a score
Usual cynicism fromTyrone. Not sure how their no 22 stayed on the pitch after taking out Fenton in the 1st half. Weak ref and Tyrone took advantage. It is strange not to have a league final to forward to

I've missed Dublin comments like this. Gives me a nice warm feeling inside reading it.  :D
I suppose its the law of averages. All the times they played each other and dublin won (3 times last year alone) Tyrone had to win one eventually. They are horrible to watch. If you enjoy watching that sadomachism every game good luck to you

Horrible to watch and freezing although i cant blame tyrone for the weather. Ref lost it toward end of 1st half when he let tyrone away with a few late hits. Needed to get the card out then to stop but he was too weak. The hit on Fenton was a few yards from the linesman but he was obviously blind too. Having said that Dublin were awful - have they forgotten how to play against a blanket ?

Over the Bar

So despite being outplayed by 14 men and are now bleating that it should have been 15 v 13?  Typical yapping jackeen!  ;D ;D

Main Street

The lack of grace from Dublin fans is poor fare indeed seeing as the Tyronies here haven't exactly been throwing high fives.
Mickey Harte looked positively perky post match.

macdanger2

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 16, 2019, 09:44:23 PM

Someone (Cantwell i think) piped up with something about mayo being there would keep attendance up. Depressing stuff

Over the Bar

Quote from: Main Street on March 16, 2019, 10:01:18 PM
The lack of grace from Dublin fans is poor fare indeed seeing as the Tyronies here haven't exactly been throwing high fives.
Mickey Harte looked positively perky post match.

That's cos 75% of those Dub fans weren't on the board until they started winning. Fair weather jacks

GalwayBayBoy

Looking like a Kerry v Mayo final.

Despite their troubles in Castlebar you'd imagine Mayo should get over Monaghan at home.

Tyrone v Galway is 50/50 but you'd have to give the nod to whoever is at home in that one.

Rossfan

Well we got what we deserved today -a good batin.
We were as disorganised and unintense as the Cavan game.
While we still have a mathematical chance of staying up its a long shot and an unlikely one.
As sure look it......
If we win Connacht who'll remember the League.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrhardyannual

If Tyrone and Monaghan beat Galway and Mayo, Tyrone make the final. In fairness to them you wouldn't have put them in the chase after round 2.

dublin7

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 16, 2019, 09:58:04 PM

So despite being outplayed by 14 men and are now bleating that it should have been 15 v 13?  Typical yapping jackeen!  ;D ;D

Ah look enjoy your LEAGUE win. As I said if you enjoy watching that cynical s**t every game, good luck to you. Its no wonder people wont watch football anymore

Main Street

Quote from: mrhardyannual on March 16, 2019, 10:25:59 PM
If Tyrone and Monaghan beat Galway and Mayo, Tyrone make the final. In fairness to them you wouldn't have put them in the chase after round 2.
I would be very happy  for Tyrone if your scenario came to pass.

macdanger2

Quote from: mrhardyannual on March 16, 2019, 10:25:59 PM

You'd have hardly believed it after the mayo game, Tyrone were a rabble that day