Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

There's a good few in the Queens panel who would strengthen it. J'Town too though maybe not so many there.

Who've we not got from last year? Loughrey isn't playing? Then Kelly / McGreevy?

Is Kieran Close on the panel?

SambaSaffron

Pretty sure Dean O'Neill is a halfback. Mark McAleese definitely is. Terry O'Neill, a half-forward, is named in the half-back line. Surely the experiment of playing half-backs in half-forward last year didn't work.

loughshore lad

Dean O'Neill normally plays wing half back for Omagh alright.  Baker continuing his fixation with playing 4 wing backs on his team  ???

imtommygunn

It was more an experiment of playing no HF line at times!

Niblock would have to be CHF with a full team out. McCann in there too so hopefully we get one more from the McKenna cup...

Simon Says

anyone travelling down to the game in cross? realistically this could be our only chance for silverware this year, i hope not though. Hope the new boys can step up to the plate.

bloodybreakball

antrim done weel 2day, kevin mc improved midfield in d 2nd, think dougan gd option at full-forwrad, cj couple of really class passes, wee bit concerned abt how much bigger derry are but antrim stayed wit them because there gd footballers. hard to read anything into a challenge match like that and hope the injured derry player has a speedy recovery!

andoireabu

Quote from: bloodybreakball on January 09, 2011, 05:10:31 PM
antrim done weel 2day, kevin mc improved midfield in d 2nd, think dougan gd option at full-forwrad, cj couple of really class passes, wee bit concerned abt how much bigger derry are but antrim stayed wit them because there gd footballers. hard to read anything into a challenge match like that and hope the injured derry player has a speedy recovery!
How did it end up? Didn't get to the match and there is no word of it on the derry thread
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Simon Says

Anyone up at the game in creggan yesterday? how are the new lads fairing? match against queens and derry now?

bloodybreakball

james laverty had a tough ask marking gerard o kane bt worked well in his first game, mark mc aleese wz busy and looked capable, brady done well on bradley and dermot mc cann played well fr 70mins. mark douan done well, and brendy herron done well in first 15

móidín doire

Quote from: bloodybreakball on January 10, 2011, 11:56:45 PM
james laverty had a tough ask marking gerard o kane bt worked well in his first game, mark mc aleese wz busy and looked capable, brady done well on bradley and dermot mc cann played well fr 70mins. mark douan done well, and brendy herron done well in first 15

Do you know who the Derry player was who got injured at all or what happened?

Simon Says

Dont know his name, hear it was a double break to his leg during the warm up is the reports ive heard.

good to hear the new boys doing well.

Simon Says

game in casement this saturday night? much of a crowd expected? Looking forward to getting down and getting a look at the new boys.

aontroim

bannside

Not sure this should be played. Personally I couldnt care about football this weekend. RIP Michaela.

Milltown Row2

Might head up to Casement tomorrow. Just for  a wee look
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea