Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatSoSaff

Admittedly I'm one of those who generally complains but doesn't involve myself enough in the club to try to influence change through the correct channels. But, how in the name of God have we got to the point where we have actively hindered both our club and county teams with this ludicrous league start shambles. Amazing. Just Amazing.

Sportacus

Meath U20's were Leinster champions at minor and had a reputation for being a big physical team. Derry beat them in the All Ireland semi.

100's of fellas down the years have opted not to play for Antrim from most of the clubs on this Board, it's nothing new.  It won't be a problem when we are wining Ulster titles, so a bit of a chicken and egg thing.

imtommygunn

Are Meath not u17 AI champions from 3years ago?

I see the team for today hasn't Jordan on it - he must be injured as no way you could drop him after how he played last week. I  am hopeful we could maybe get something out of today's game. Westmeath need to win too or no promotion.

NatSoSaff

Heading down here now. Injuries seem to be piling rather than clearing up, but I'm optimistic today. I really think we can scrape the win. The likes of S O'Neill and P McCormick should get a run, I hope. 

Sportacus

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2023, 10:09:58 AM
Are Meath not u17 AI champions from 3years ago?

I see the team for today hasn't Jordan on it - he must be injured as no way you could drop him after how he played last week. I  am hopeful we could maybe get something out of today's game. Westmeath need to win too or no promotion.
I think this years U20 is the age group where Derry won the All Ireland Minor.  They beat Meath in Newry in the semifinal.

BrendanAntrim

BrendanAntrim

imtommygunn

Currently 2-10 to 0-3.

Bad times  :(

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

imtommygunn

NatSoSaff

Painful is an understatement.

Hoof Hearted

I can't even see bannside coming up with anything optimistic after that  scoreline
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Christmas Lights

Why have Antrim club leagues started so early? Also, is it not shambolic having the league starting on the same day the county is actually playing? League games at 10am the next couple of Sundays as well.  How come Antrim county board hate club football?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 05, 2023, 07:49:24 PM
Why have Antrim club leagues started so early? Also, is it not shambolic having the league starting on the same day the county is actually playing? League games at 10am the next couple of Sundays as well.  How come Antrim county board hate club football?

We are a hurling county.....have been for a long time....simple as....