Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

It only took the County chairman to give Mick his innocence whether you agree with that decision or not is another story!

Ah now RC you're a very bitter man, would be nice to see Rasharkin get the junior and leave down that drink if that is your honest opinion on All Saints, however I do hope they do the business on Saturday night as Whitehill would be hard to listen to if they won and even harder when PG1 beat our boys in the final

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on October 26, 2021, 09:47:05 PM
Whatever happens we get on with it ...just stating the facts. Pretty sure there was a queue forming on this thread last year to declare Mick's innocence. Or was I imaging that!
No one should ever miss a championship game for anything less than a clear or attempted strike or kick or serious verbals to an official, or spitting etc. Micks was for nothing and thats why he got off.  Not sure what the red Portglenone got was for but thats my thoughts on it. I'm behind you if the offence is none of the above.

rogercasement

Any truth in the story that Cargin have eased up on training so they can go hard for Ulster?

EOC1923

Quote from: rogercasement on October 26, 2021, 10:09:07 PM
Any truth in the story that Cargin have eased up on training so they can go hard for Ulster?
Never you worry about Ulster, worry about the other boys in green

rogercasement

Only asking. I've no great love for Creggan so wouldn't want youse to take the eye off the ball. I'd rather youse won it than creggan tbh

Saffsof82

Quote from: rogercasement on October 26, 2021, 07:37:40 PM
Sean Laverty is a very good ref, he has the guts to make the big calls and doesn't get bullied easily. If it wasn't for his input on Sunday Roberts would have totally lost the run of the game or more than he did! I would be surprised if the red wasn't overturned. 8/13 if true is an awful price and would indicate that Aghagallon are better than even money, I'd have some of that.

Don't get me started on that other clown if he is on the line!
You can't be serious RC, video clearly showed the knees going into the player on the ground

Saffsof82

Quote from: rogercasement on October 26, 2021, 09:53:44 PM
Just what I was about to post Bannside.
On another note would love to see St Comgalls win junior, some great lads have given so much time to that club, plus they are playing Rasharkin!.
Also to scotchy and All Saints, who I believe should be a comfortable mid table Div 1/senior championship side.

I will have a bit of what your smoking, Ballymena beat a Dunloy side who unfortunately had a bit of a do the night before, feel very sorry for Amcq and football gaels in Dunloy who are treated with such disrespect. Tng will beat Bmena I think, Bmena a mile off div 1 football

Dreen

Quote from: rogercasement on October 26, 2021, 09:53:44 PM
Just what I was about to post Bannside.
On another note would love to see St Comgalls win junior, some great lads have given so much time to that club, plus they are playing Rasharkin!.
Also to scotchy and All Saints, who I believe should be a comfortable mid table Div 1/senior championship side.

Oul rivalries showing up, you would think you would wish your near neighbours well in the junior final

rogercasement

It would be a frosty night in hell dreen

Rodger Mona

Was at the Casements game and without hesitation i can say it looked like ND had a moment of madness! Felt sorry for him as he has been a great servant for club and county and desrves a run in a championship but if he gets let off what message does that give out to the rest of the players in the county? NMcK already has his overturned for elbowing an ahoghill player in the face! And if we are going by track records i would say Caements is up there with the worst disciplined clubs in the county. So them an Aghagallon should be a spicy affair which requires a strong ref

was at the ballymena game also. IMO Ballymena wont beat TNN, itl be a close game and Ballymena have the players but for some reason i dont think they have the cuteness or game plan to beat a well set up TNN.

Calm Down

Right about up until 5 mins ago I did not know what had happened with Delargy but then I just got the video clip sent to me, you can see that his two legs are not caught under Jordan as his left leg is free and then he clearly drops his knees on top of him, I would have it that he falls over but a) his leg is free and b) when falling by accident you put your hands down to save you hence when so many broken wrists when people fall, however Delargy has his arms out protesting his innocence as he falls, clear sign of a premediated action albeit as Roger says a rush of blood.

And to agree with Roger again (shaky ground this agreeing with people) it is unfortunate that he may have to miss the semi final but he needs to be careful on appeal that his ban is not increased for a frivolous appeal as I would not like to see him miss the final

rogercasement

Wooo Woo woo. Stop right there!!
Elbow to the face, did you see it??? That is a libelous thing to say!!
Worst discipline in county??? Lol try telling the boys in our social club that!! We are far too soft, other teams bully us because they know what will happened, we are not ill disciplined, we are not streetwise enough, all teams get involved, we haven't the sense to do it when no one is looking!!!.
As for Niall incident as previously stated I was too far away to pass judgement, would like to see it again, pass those clips to me!!

imtommygunn

Is everybody who says they're from Portglenone here actually from Portglenone...

rogercasement

Not sure what you are getting at tommy?

JimStynes

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 27, 2021, 11:00:03 AM
Is everybody who says they're from Portglenone here actually from Portglenone...

Sure even Bannside isn't from Portglenone  ;)