Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

It looked bad from my viewpoint , and can understand the call the linesman made on the incident. Saying that, you wouldn't want any player to miss out on a semi final of a championship.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

rogercasement

Totally agree Bannside, I can handle a ref making a mistake, it's the lack of consistency and fairness which gets my blood up. So far this year I have seen it blatantly twice in our Championship games where refs clearly for what ever reason didn't apply the rules. Yer man against Ahoghill in my opinion was so far out of his depth it was unreal as for Sunday past I genuinely believe it was barefaced bias towards a city side.

Calm Down

I am in now way taking the side of either ref here RC, however, does your  own bias play any part on how you are viewing a) the innocence of Delargy and b) the performance of the refs, yea you were beaten by Ahoghill so you have an axe to grind and on Sunday you had a key player red carded so another axe to grind!

How do you suggest we make these refs better or do you think we should just can them? Genuinely interested as consistency of views on certain refs is also key

rogercasement

There is a lot of validity in what you say, however my response would in case A, speak to an Ahoghill player and ask them what they thought of the ref that night, he was shocking both ways and nearly caused a riot.
In case B please ask any neutral on Sunday or dare I say it a Lamh Derg player/follower, it was scandalous.

Calm Down

Surely the prevention of a riot is incumbent on the people attending a game and not the ref and I have no doubt LD will also be annoyed with B as they lost on Sunday!

I have been at many games where Creggan have lost and for the most try my best not to blame a ref or official! Do the refs kick wides, mis place passes? As my aul day would say take care of your own performance and do not leave it to someone else to help you out

rogercasement

Please don't misunderstand me it wasn't mcdermots fault we lost to Ahoghill, no sir not at all. However when we were 4 pts up he turned completely against us and gave us nothing, we should have been home and hosed by then. If we had lost on Sunday it would have been a travesty due to how bad ref was, he blatantly tried to get one team to win!! Any LD posters or neutrals on the board who can back this up.
Can I end by saying I fully respect referees to the point where I feel they might be a little narcissistic, why would anyone want to do that!!

Calm Down

I wasn't at the Ahoghill game but I was told by a PG1 man that your boys stopped playing 10
Mins into the second half, thought the game was over and took Ahoghill for granted, to the extent that Borris beat Delargy in a foot race over 25 yards in the last 10
Mins!!

As for Sunday, I am not sure about Conall but I know both him and McDermot are in the Ulster set up, maybe they are trying too much theory and not enough common sense

As for refs being narcissists I am not sure that is the description I would use, however yes they have to be self confident and believe in their ability to make decisions and stand by them!

As for McDermott when McKeever is lifting the cup of Nov 14 and PG1 are county champions you will be glad he gave your boys the early short sharp shock  ;) ;)

rogercasement

Stopped playing after 10 mins in second half?? Never fecking started playing whole game and St Brigid's after it was worse.
As for Borris winning a foot race I didn't see that and if I had I would have booked myself in for therapy lol.
Yer quare craic re lifting trophy...
I thought Dermot was captain  🤔 😕.

Lol Cargin are 4/11 to lift it for a reason

EOC1923

Scandalous use of this forum to either get a dig in at a referee, or try and get a man off with a suspension. Wise up. Portglenone men getting slighfly carried away with themselves. Cool the jets lads

rogercasement

quit yo jibbajabba

I think its the boy that thinks the Antrim board will be reading the Gaaboard and using it in makin their decisions thats gettin carried away with himself 😃

As an outsider livin not a million miles away from PG1 im enjoying this and its giving me a bigger interest in the Antrim cship so carry on lads 😊

Calm Down

You overestimate the Antrim county board

rogercasement

bannside

Whatever happens we get on with it ...just stating the facts. Pretty sure there was a queue forming on this thread last year to declare Mick's innocence. Or was I imaging that!

rogercasement

Just what I was about to post Bannside.
On another note would love to see St Comgalls win junior, some great lads have given so much time to that club, plus they are playing Rasharkin!.
Also to scotchy and All Saints, who I believe should be a comfortable mid table Div 1/senior championship side.