Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

But back to the leagues I should probably point out that my Glenravel comment was merely in jest in case that was not evident. Certainly Sarsfields will have a big say in the season but I will be interested to see what side or other sides progress and challenge. 

We have saw Aldergrove (population explosion aided), St Teresas, and Davitts all progress nicely from the lower reaches in recent years so one would think there will be other sides on a potential upward curve.  Lisburn seem to have got off to a good start, would they be a side with enough coming through to still have a bit more space to peak or if not what sides, if any, in that division have reason for optimism?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on March 30, 2017, 08:23:38 PM
I do believe he deserves great credit, no doubt about it. But if the same stuff is posted on here every week it is in danger of becoming a cliche.

It's like applauding all the work that the coaches/kit men trainers managers committees parents refs for all their time given to keeping club games county teams going... surely a collective pat on the back would suffice ??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2017, 08:55:07 PM
Quote from: Hectic on March 30, 2017, 08:23:38 PM
I do believe he deserves great credit, no doubt about it. But if the same stuff is posted on here every week it is in danger of becoming a cliche.

It's like applauding all the work that the coaches/kit men trainers managers committees parents refs for all their time given to keeping club games county teams going... surely a collective pat on the back would suffice ??

Thats the thing though. All focus one way when many cogs in the wheel doing an equally important job.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on March 30, 2017, 08:35:07 PM
But back to the leagues I should probably point out that my Glenravel comment was merely in jest in case that was not evident. Certainly Sarsfields will have a big say in the season but I will be interested to see what side or other sides progress and challenge. 

We have saw Aldergrove (population explosion aided), St Teresas, and Davitts all progress nicely from the lower reaches in recent years so one would think there will be other sides on a potential upward curve.  Lisburn seem to have got off to a good start, would they be a side with enough coming through to still have a bit more space to peak or if not what sides, if any, in that division have reason for optimism?

Just checked the table there in Div3, Lisburn are a suprise package and i see they play Sarsfields at the weekend, maybe worth a visit if it's moved before or after the county game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 30, 2017, 11:02:29 PM

Just checked the table there in Div3, Lisburn are a suprise package and i see they play Sarsfields at the weekend, maybe worth a visit if it's moved before or after the county game.

Do you go to any county games??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2017, 11:36:19 PM

Do you go to any county games??

Do you?

Milltown Row2

Probably as much as you... not enough due to my other commitments to the county, unfortunately

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2017, 08:04:56 AM
Probably as much as you... not enough due to my other commitments to the county, unfortunately

Glad we've cleared that up mate.

Hectic

Certainly a big game for both teams at this stage - Lisburn to keep the momentum going and Sarsfields, having tasted defeat already, will be looking to avoid another so as they are not chasing too much early on.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on March 31, 2017, 09:33:43 AM

Certainly a big game for both teams at this stage - Lisburn to keep the momentum going and Sarsfields, having tasted defeat already, will be looking to avoid another so as they are not chasing too much early on.

I'd still say Sarsfields and Glenravel will be the 2 to come up. Lisburn must of improved alot or gained a few!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Be interesting to see how we fare this year. Last season we started very badly and never had a settled team with injuries, dual player commitments and a lack of good young players coming up through.

I suppose its part of the development that was done at the club for the past few years that 3 years down the line we actually have a big investment of young lads wanting to play senior football this year. nice to see as they have a good relationship with the senior hurling set up with regards to training and ensuring that players arent being burnt out, over trained and injured players are given the time to rehab.

Staying in Div 2 is the main aim, anything else is a bonus in terms of the league.

I just dont want to see all these minors fired into the team all at once and everyone expect them to just pick up where they left off last year and win games all around them again.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 31, 2017, 08:51:22 AM

You still havent answered though, WUM

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2017, 10:59:19 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on March 31, 2017, 08:51:22 AM

You still havent answered though, WUM

Sure you answered for me bud. Commitments dictate what games I can and cannot go to.

country bumpkin

Attendance at county football games are easily counted...certainlly more at last weeks Feile finals at Ahoghill
than at Corrigan in last two home games and nobody slipped out the gate early. ;)

bannside

Sunday a huge test. A 50/50 game that will largely dictate the way the season will be remembered. Hopefully the support gets behind the team and give them a big lift. I think the way some players have stepped up to the plate this year that's the very least they deserve.

On another note hopefully Kevin Niblock will be fit to play. He's the leader of this team but totally riddled with injuries now to the extent that sadly his days in Saffron are numbered. Those are boots that wont be easily filled!