Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim abu

Anyone able to post the full draw for all competitions?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2015, 10:30:39 PM
The last time they beat you it was in an earlier round. Also you'll have less prep time. Not saying they'll beat you but think they stand a better chance. I hope they do but that is only as i would like to see other teams win it. Would prefer they didn't win it either so beat you then get beat by someone else would suit me :)

First round after wed lost All Ireland final.... Minds probably not focused and Cargin had decent manager in JC
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

This draw is another balls up and if they dont admit it then i give up. Its clear Cargin were ment to be D in the draw and the winners of prelim 1 were to play st galls. I f**king swear this county brings me to tears. A prelim is a prelim and not a first round so basically the top two seeds in county meet in first round. It it obviously an honest mistake but for f@#k sake own up at earliest possible chance like right away and sort it out.

I bet they spemd next few days coverong their backs and making up rules to prove it was a fair draw. Jesus wept

paddyjohn

Relax.. Jim & Joe will sort everything out and all peace will be restored until somebody appeals about the junior hurling or the junior football championship and so called big teams in that having to be kicked out as the wee teams aren't gettin a chance!!

stiffler

How do people expect Antrim to get things right on the field if they can't get things right off it?

Farcical situation with that draw , however in my opinion it should not have been seeded in the first  place.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bannside

Antrim board. The gift that keeps on giving. You couldn't make it up!  And people wonder why no one wants to have anything to do with these clowns.

DennistheMenace

You'd swear it was the end of the world with an open draw, a level playing field. Great draw.

Na Glinntí Glasa

there was 4 seeded and 7 unseeded. 3v3 in the preliminary meaning the 3 would go into playing the 4 seeds along with the 1 team who was lucky enough to avoid the prelim round.

easy fuking peasy. but no. not on your nelly could Antrim county board do that. naw they fuked it up and came with some silly excuse on twitter about the preliminary rounds messing it up.

hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Portglenone man John Mc Keever appointed as manager of Ballinderry Shamrocks, one of the most prestigious club jobs in Ulster Football.

That's on top of two of our other club men managing in the same division - Kevin Madden at Dungiven and Brian Burns at Banagher.

And Gareth Kelly is in the hot seat at Moneyglass. That's a fair representation from any club!

theskull1

Portglenone will be the worse off, losing their expertise to clubs prepared to remunerate.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bannside

Some of them are good club men helping out whenever they can with coaching juveniles etc. Don't worry all that expertise will end up in the club at some stage. Why would anyone begrudge them a chance to go on and further themselves as coaches or managers if that's what they love doing? I have been round a few good clubs myself and have some of my best football memories out of it.

DownFanatic

Quote from: bannside on January 20, 2015, 05:04:14 PM
Portglenone man John Mc Keever appointed as manager of Ballinderry Shamrocks, one of the most prestigious club jobs in Ulster Football.

That's on top of two of our other club men managing in the same division - Kevin Madden at Dungiven and Brian Burns at Banagher.

And Gareth Kelly is in the hot seat at Moneyglass. That's a fair representation from any club!

That Brian Burns as in Down and Bryansford?

theskull1

Quote from: bannside on January 20, 2015, 05:26:08 PM
Why would anyone begrudge them a chance to go on and further themselves as coaches or managers if that's what they love doing? I have been round a few good clubs myself and have some of my best football memories out of it.

Oh .. thats the reason they're doing it? I've obviously been listening to too much Brolly
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bannside

A bit of a broad stroke there Skull. One turned down quite a lot more money elsewhere and another didn't ask for anything for himself at all. Don't believe all you read!

bannside

Same man Down Fanatic. A gentleman too.