The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

I thought he was brought on to give insight on a great day of sport, but Donal Og seems to be on Round 3 of his gripes.
Christ I wonder what we will be subjected to next week for the football?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

marty34

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 17, 2022, 11:54:01 PM
I thought he was brought on to give insight on a great day of sport, but Donal Og seems to be on Round 3 of his gripes.
Christ I wonder what we will be subjected to next week for the football?

But what better day to promote hurling?

He's right in what he said in fairness - if it's not said last night, when should it be said?

BrotherMore6592

I'd say the Sunday game viewing figures have dropped dramatically, but they will never share that.

People don't bother anymore as the analysis is boring and robotic. When you've rubber heads like Sean cavanagh on (and I'm a Tyrone man) he's just unbearable.

Canning, Morrisey and McStay et al have been embarrassing this year with the amount of mistakes and repeated cliches they use on commentary.

Captain Scarlet

But he was already giving our about the current set-up weeks ago and using the Westmeath hurlers as an example of kids seeing their heroes. The following week one of the actual Westmeath hurlers came out and said it was great to know what you were doing and that lads could plan around it at club level.

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1515666782480211969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1515666782480211969%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpunditarena.com%2Fgaa%2Fandrewdempsey%2Fdonal-og-cusack-all-ireland-summer-2022%2F

Also, as pointed by the OTB lads he was giving out about timings for fixtures when it was an RTÉ request that moved it and no-one cared to mention it.

What are we all going to do next Sunday is some statement!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

clarshack

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on July 18, 2022, 10:42:12 AM
I'd say the Sunday game viewing figures have dropped dramatically, but they will never share that.

People don't bother anymore as the analysis is boring and robotic. When you've rubber heads like Sean cavanagh on (and I'm a Tyrone man) he's just unbearable.

Canning, Morrisey and McStay et al have been embarrassing this year with the amount of mistakes and repeated cliches they use on commentary.

Sure he's an Armagh man now...

https://armaghi.com/news/armagh-news/tyrone-legend-sean-cavanagh-on-why-armagh-is-such-a-cultural-fit-for-family-and-business/

mad tan

Didn't like Donal OG's comment about the Irish Rugby team on the front of the Sunday paper. If he is talking about the Indo the Hurling got lots of coverage in fact I still reading it. It was a super weekend for sport with the Hurling, Rugby and Golf plus the weather. Just thought it was a cheap shot.

Captain Obvious

Up for the match on there now. Anna Geary wondering what's in Sean O'Shea's lunch box.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mad tan on July 18, 2022, 02:24:40 PM
Didn't like Donal OG's comment about the Irish Rugby team on the front of the Sunday paper. If he is talking about the Indo the Hurling got lots of coverage in fact I still reading it. It was a super weekend for sport with the Hurling, Rugby and Golf plus the weather. Just thought it was a cheap shot.

Minority sport worries about minority sport getting more coverage!

Soju

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2022, 09:36:13 PM
And when you think RTÉ can't sink lower....Up for the Match is back next Saturday......
Total cringe fest!

thewobbler

I'm not going to miss Spillane.

But as it seems we have reached a point whereby him, Cantwell, Cavanagh and Whelan is RTE's big game panel, then the only bearable one of that quartet is the one who's leaving.

seafoid

The days of permanent panels are over, imo
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 02:14:00 PM

But as it seems we have reached a point whereby him, Cantwell, Cavanagh and Whelan is RTE's big game panel, then the only bearable one of that quartet is the one who's leaving.

You've certainly set a low bar   :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

marty34

I like the way Whelan picked out the Tailltean Cup as moment of the year.

Nice touch.

lenny

Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 02:14:00 PM

Once I saw Cavanagh on my mind was made up, I'll be watching sky. Immature and pathetic pundit.

mrdeeds

I was never a fan of Spillane but it's his last broadcast and Cavanagh can't say anything nice. Needs to follow him out the door.