The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronandblue

A pity they didn't focus as much on the pulling and dragging that Auden O'Shea had to endure.  But your absolutely correct Moysider about Thomas....a Dub lick arse if ever there was one...

straightred

Quote from: saffronandblue on September 18, 2016, 11:21:16 PM
A pity they didn't focus as much on the pulling and dragging that Auden O'Shea had to endure.  But your absolutely correct Moysider about Thomas....a Dub lick arse if ever there was one...

it was going on all over the pitch. Arms left in all over the place. If OShea focused more on playing and less on moaning he might live up to the hype. He can have no complaints today as he should have been off for his completely unecessary hit right in front of the ref

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: straightred on September 18, 2016, 11:15:58 PMHe is spot on when he talks about the the cop out of the ref booking both. It happens every week and it is really frustrating. Keegan clearly started it so he should have been punished on his own.
His point is a fair one in the general sense. I'm not sure Connolly vs. Keegan was the best example of it in action though.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 19, 2016, 10:33:08 AM
Quote from: straightred on September 18, 2016, 11:15:58 PMHe is spot on when he talks about the the cop out of the ref booking both. It happens every week and it is really frustrating. Keegan clearly started it so he should have been punished on his own.
His point is a fair one in the general sense. I'm not sure Connolly vs. Keegan was the best example of it in action though.
I agree, generally there are far too many cop out bookings of a yellow each, but in the connolly/keegan one, keegan certain came towards connolly first and wouldnt let go of his jersey, but connolly was the first to grab a jersey and threw 3/4 punches/swings and could well have seen red.
(he also got a way with another challenge earlier in teh game that should have been at least a yellow)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jinxy

Michael Lyster isn't suited to the League Sunday format at all.
Far too many, "Sure lookit, I suppose..." type of contributions.
Someone like Joanne Cantwell would be much better.
Much more likely to ask the hard questions.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tubberman

Quote from: Jinxy on April 02, 2017, 10:07:40 PM

Dara O Cinneide or Colm Parkinson (if he could control himself) would be my choice
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Beffs

Agree 10,000%.

All the "ah shure lookit, I suppose" responses are really, really annoying.

Am not naming names, but there is one particular former player who is one of the worst offenders. He was on his own counties radio show a few weeks ago. (I just happend to catch him when I was down there and was driving through.) He answered all the questions put to him, with simple Yes and No answers. When he was talking amongst his own people, he got rid of all the cute hoor responses and was well capable of starting sentences in a manner, that actually made grammatical sense. I was amazed. I just thought he spoke Sunday Game speak all the time.  ;D

Fuzzman

Did they only give 30-40 mins to that exciting day of football?
Probably one of the most exciting days of GAA football so far this year and we hardly see any of it.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

Quote from: Beffs on April 02, 2017, 10:20:24 PM

Agree 10,000%.

All the "ah shure lookit, I suppose" responses are really, really annoying.

Am not naming names, but there is one particular former player who is one of the worst offenders. He was on his own counties radio show a few weeks ago. (I just happend to catch him when I was down there and was driving through.) He answered all the questions put to him, with simple Yes and No answers. When he was talking amongst his own people, he got rid of all the cute hoor responses and was well capable of starting sentences in a manner, that actually made grammatical sense. I was amazed. I just thought he spoke Sunday Game speak all the time.  ;D

Sometimes you'll hear a current or ex-RTE pundit being interviewed on Newstalk and they'll actually be really good.
Ask an interesting question and you'll get an interesting answer.
There's no real appetite for that on RTE.
This is the TV station that gave us 'Up for the Match', remember.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

moysider

I'd say Lyster is deliberately trying to make sure nobody is offended by anything. Then they let Brolly loose in 6 weeks!

Beffs

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 02, 2017, 10:27:47 PM
Probably one of the most exciting days of GAA football so far this year and we hardly see any of it.

They only have the rights to show a one hour highlight show. They can't show any more than that. It's an awful shame, but there ya go.

macdanger2

Quote from: Beffs on April 02, 2017, 10:53:07 PM

They only have the rights to show a one hour highlight show. They can't show any more than that. It's an awful shame, but there ya go.

Who has the remaining rights?

Beffs

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 02, 2017, 10:55:50 PM
Quote from: Beffs on April 02, 2017, 10:53:07 PM

Who has the remaining rights?

Eir and TG4 have the right to the live games and RTE have the rigths to the highligts package. RTE are limited to only being allowed to show a one hour highlights show.

GalwayBayBoy

Was hoping to see some of Armagh v Tipp.