The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: sambostar on July 31, 2016, 05:19:11 PM
Most of HT break taken up by news, are RTE for real? Would that happen on sky? Rights should be taken off them

Good idea, I thought. At least there was less of Brolly!

joemamas

Just watched it from Sunday. Cliche city, and Tomas and Dessie are co-mayors.
God they are really brutal.

Jinxy

"Lookit Des, I suppose..."
Change the record please, Tomás.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jinxy on August 04, 2016, 10:32:19 PM
;D ;D ;D

Beffs

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 05, 2016, 06:51:19 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 04, 2016, 10:32:19 PM
;D ;D ;D

He's been on the show, long enough now, you'd think that it would have occurred to one of the producers to tell him to start his sentences like a normal human being. 'Coz it's annoying as fcuk for the viewer.

thejuice

Somewhere online to watch the highlIghts would be nice now, for those of us abroad. It's pretty normal thing to have nowadays is if not? It should be on the GAA website.  A two minute highlight video of every game.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ashman

A highlights show last night would have been great .

LilySavage

This year ive seen Saturday game with hour post match anslysis of nothing games like Mayo v Fermanagh or Wexford v Offaly in hurling. Nuacht is part of sunday game now. Next week we have a doubleheader of camogie live . Yesterday we had the best doubleheader of the year and nothing about it on RTE. I like Skys coverage but RTE should cover some of it on the day. RTE could throw up a midweek hour as well with decent highlights if they were serious about GAA. Wont even mention Tom Carr or the rest of them.

omagh_gael

The coverage would have been agreed at the start of the year so RTE could hardly just wade in and say that we're taking our pick. The reason the mismatch occurred was mayo getting beat in provincials and Clare and Tipp causing upsets, this skewed the QFs. Just happened to be bad luck for RTE and everyone that didn't have access to Sky.

Farrandeelin

Anybody remember the Game on Monday? I have vague recollections of it back in 1996,1997 era. I think it focused on the highlights of what wasn't shown of the games the night before. As I said vague memories. I was only 9/10 at the time.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

heffo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 07, 2016, 09:20:55 PM
Anybody remember the Game on Monday? I have vague recollections of it back in 1996,1997 era. I think it focused on the highlights of what wasn't shown of the games the night before. As I said vague memories. I was only 9/10 at the time.

It was around in '99 too - remember (for some strange reason) watching highlights of Westmeath v Carlow and Ger Heavin scoring a heap of points

BennyCake

Are Aaron and Tomas in the Ladybird reading club or what?

WT4E

Did O'Se say that Cavanaghs second yellow wasn't a yellow?

Aidan O'Shea great footballer but I can't stand the way he goes on!

BennyCake

Quote from: WT4E on August 07, 2016, 11:01:02 PM
Did O'Se say that Cavanaghs second yellow wasn't a yellow?

Aidan O'Shea great footballer but I can't stand the way he goes on!

You mean him playing a blinder against your team? That would be annoying alright.

WT4E

Yeah that plus other stuff!

Diving to beat Fermanagh
Getting last years manager the sack
Trying to get Cavanagh sent off when it was slightly missed timed tackle
milking the media after the game for pics etc.