The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sambostar

Hope Tyrone never talk to RTE again

Beffs

Quote from: sambostar on July 10, 2016, 11:50:42 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 10, 2016, 11:47:49 PM
No apology required and apparently we should lay off Aidan as he made a mistake.

Great consistency from Whelan.
GAA should be looking to protect players like AOS from the abuse on social media?? Fairly different from his reaction to McCann

The GAA can do sweet eff all about protecting players on social media. If I send a tweet to Aidan O'Shea, calling him an unmerciful gobshite, what are they going to do....ban me from games, send the Guards around to my house, call Twitter and have my account shut down? Not going to happen, not unless I break a law of some sort. Last time I checked, calling someone a gobshite is not illegal. Not that I would ever do anything like that, but the genie is out of the bag now with social media. There is no putting it back in.

sambostar

Quote from: Beffs on July 10, 2016, 11:56:21 PM
No apology required and apparently we should lay off Aidan as he made a mistake.

GAA should be looking to protect players like AOS from the abuse on social media?? Fairly different from his reaction to McCann

The GAA can do sweet eff all about protecting players on social media. If I send a tweet to Aidan O'Shea, calling him an unmerciful gobsite, what are they going to do....ban me from games, send the Guards around to my house, call Twitter and have my account shut down? Not going to happen, not unless I break a law of some sort. Last time I checked, calling someone a gobshite is not illegal. Not that I would ever do anything like that, but the genie is out of the bag now with social media now. There is no putting it back in.
Think the main point is Whelan is full of shit & totally inconsistent

Tony Baloney

The GAA can do sweet eff all about protecting players on social media. If I send a tweet to Aidan O'Shea, calling him an unmerciful gobshite, what are they going to do....ban me from games, send the Guards around to my house, call Twitter and have my account shut down? Not going to happen, not unless I break a law of some sort. Last time I checked, calling someone a gobshite is not illegal. Not that I would ever do anything like that, but the genie is out of the bag now with social media. There is no putting it back in.
Amazing how the Tyronie's make EVERY story about them.

The cat is out of the bag and the genie is out of the bottle.

Qwerty28

They saved the best wine til last!  Been a long day of sport, especially as I lost 70 mins of my life that I'll never get back to the connacht final  ;)

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2016, 12:04:42 AM

Amazing how the Tyronie's make EVERY story about them.

The cat is out of the bag and the genie is out of the bottle.

Think it's amazing the way some people ignore blatant bias and double standards.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Did they have any highlights from the game of the weekend in Newbridge?

BennyHarp

It shows RTE's complacency with their position as broadcasters of the GAA, that they couldn't even be arsed setting up some sort of protective cover for their cameras at the Connacht final. Or least give the fecking things a wipe from time to time.
That was never a square ball!!

moysider

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 11, 2016, 12:34:43 AM
It shows RTE's complacency with their position as broadcasters of the GAA, that they couldn't even be arsed setting up some sort of protective cover for their cameras at the Connacht final. Or least give the fecking things a wipe from time to time.

That would spoil it. The players had to deal with that shit and the frosty glass perspective meant viewers could be sympathetic. The telly could not show how wicked the gale was though. They should have added sound effect of strong wind to give a realistic flavour of conditions. Those were rotten conditions for footballers today. I did not attend a league game this year when weather was worse. 

lenny

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 11, 2016, 12:29:11 AM

They showed a couple of minutes of that match, looked good. Why do they always seem to start with hurling first? I thought the pundits were ok last night. Whelan in particular is excellent, measured and very fair. What the Tyrone people need to realise is from a neutral point of view the mccann dive was on a whole different scale. As oshea starts to run for the ball he is being obviously impeded by cullen, not enough for him to go down but enough to prevent him getting to the ball and that is probably why he went down.

north down

Perhaps Whelan should apologise for asking McCann to apologise.

DuffleKing

There's a difference between a player using the dynamics and incidental contact of the game to dive and imply a foul and what McCann did. With O'Se, if you were the recipient, you'd love to put your boot in him. With McCann, you would unquestionably put your boot in him.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: lenny on July 11, 2016, 07:12:03 AM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 11, 2016, 12:29:11 AM

They showed a couple of minutes of that match, looked good. Why do they always seem to start with hurling first? I thought the pundits were ok last night. Whelan in particular is excellent, measured and very fair. What the Tyrone people need to realise is from a neutral point of view the mccann dive was on a whole different scale. As oshea starts to run for the ball he is being obviously impeded by cullen, not enough for him to go down but enough to prevent him getting to the ball and that is probably why he went down.
If he was on a junior b team with me I'd tell him he's a bollox for the diving

longballin

Quote from: north down on July 11, 2016, 08:22:34 AM
Perhaps Whelan should apologise for asking McCann to apologise.

perhaps we should get over it and stop dragging this up and allow McCann to get on with his football career

WT4E

A Dives a dive lads!

Whilst Mccanns was ridiculous and embarrassing it didn't effect the outcome of the match whereas this one......  :-[