The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beffs

Christ, he sounded like the PM, defending one of his Ministers, who just got caught with a couple of hookers and an ounce of blow, in a dodgy hotel in Blackpool. "I have every confidence...." Lol.....

Itchy

Missed the program, what happened?

Beffs

Chairman of the Armagh Co Board gave a speech about how supportive they are of McGeeney.

Gaffer

Quote from: Beffs on June 05, 2016, 11:14:39 PM
Chairman of the Armagh Co Board gave a speech about how supportive they are of McGeeney.

The dreaded vote of confidence.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

balladmaker

Embarrassing is how I'd describe Armagh's response to Brolly's criticism.  There was no need to respond at all, and if a response was necessary, it should have been on the field and nowhere else.

No foreign training camp, no weekend away, an embarrassing level of conversation from any county board.

ONeill

Quote from: Bensars on June 05, 2016, 10:30:18 PM
Armagh have taken the bait.

First rule of PR, do not reply and further bring to the fore the negative points raised previously, whether right or wrong.

Brolly would be sitting back laughing his balls off

Unbelievable that they fell for it. Brolly goaded them into this....all fuel for the Joe Show. He does this every year in June. RTE's dream ticket.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: ONeill on June 05, 2016, 11:31:21 PM
Quote from: Bensars on June 05, 2016, 10:30:18 PM
Armagh have taken the bait.

First rule of PR, do not reply and further bring to the fore the negative points raised previously, whether right or wrong.

Brolly would be sitting back laughing his balls off

Unbelievable that they fell for it. Brolly goaded them into this....all fuel for the Joe Show. He does this every year in June. RTE's dream ticket.

Tyrone the worst for shooting themselves in the foot on the PR front in fairness.

ONeill

In fairness to what?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on June 05, 2016, 11:33:33 PM
Tyrone the worst for shooting themselves in the foot on the PR front in fairness.

Yeah, we love playing pool naked, and driving around our province in a big, bright and bold bus (but nowhere else).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 05, 2016, 11:41:48 PM

Yeah, we love playing pool naked, and driving around our province in a big, bright and bold bus (but nowhere else).

Nah, yous are 'absolutely rotten';D

http://www.the42.ie/joe-brolly-sean-cavanagh-tackle-attack-1021396-Aug2013/

.......Brolly continued, "I see Mickey Harte smiling and jumping up and down at the end like they achieved. I'll tell you what, they achieved something absolutely rotten.".......

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

When your best response is a bus that's making us money you know you're onto a losing retort.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on June 05, 2016, 11:59:06 PM

When your best response is a bus that's making us money you know you're onto a losing retort.

Back up your venom, or is our absence on the airwaves enough grist for your mealy-mouthed mill?

Beffs

Brolly's response on Twitter.

Joe Brolly ‏@JoeBrolly1993 16 minutes ago

In fairness, Ger Canning cross examined him to within an inch of his life.

;D ;D ;D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on June 05, 2016, 11:53:13 PM

Nah, yous are 'absolutely rotten';D

http://www.the42.ie/joe-brolly-sean-cavanagh-tackle-attack-1021396-Aug2013/

.......Brolly continued, "I see Mickey Harte smiling and jumping up and down at the end like they achieved. I'll tell you what, they achieved something absolutely rotten.".......

When you cite Brolly in your defence, you have no defence, no sir, no defence at all! :)

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 06, 2016, 12:01:50 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 05, 2016, 11:59:06 PM

Back up your venom, or is our absence on the airwaves enough grist for your mealy-mouthed mill?

What a prickly fella you are.  You've already made more ructions this year than most of the others combined so I wouldn't be laughing at Armagh for a pr mishap if I was in your shoes.