The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: BennyCake on May 22, 2016, 02:11:52 PM
Someone tell Carney Derry is on the shores of Lough Foyle, not Lough Swilly.

While they're at it, tell him to shut the f*ck up altogether!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

yellowcard

Pure amateur stuff today, broadcasting from the side of the pitch, must be cutbacks in the sports department.

Jinxy

They were lucky the rain stopped.

twohands!!!

Quote from: yellowcard on May 22, 2016, 02:57:38 PM
Pure amateur stuff today, broadcasting from the side of the pitch, must be cutbacks in the sports department.

Doubt there is any cutback in the wages.

Il Bomber Destro

Paranoid hat on here but had what happened in the Kildare-Wexford game at the end happened in Ulster there would have been a 10 minute segment on it.

Not a peep about it there.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 22, 2016, 11:12:10 PM
Paranoid hat on here but had what happened in the Kildare-Wexford game at the end happened in Ulster there would have been a 10 minute segment on it.

Maybe there is a new policy of positivity on The Sunday Game this year.
That was never a square ball!!

BennyCake

Another year of Ger Canning. I thought he'd have retired by now.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on May 23, 2016, 01:01:02 AM

It's a HUGE one..............

johnneycool

I thought wee Marty went a bit over the top when the Derry and Tyrone lads engaged in a bit of pushing and shoving along the sideline in the first 5 minutes when no real harm was done.

The Wex-KD schemozzle got little or no mention other than a bit by Burns and O'Rourke mentioning it in the build up to the live game on the Sunday, did they mention it last night?
I turned off once the hurling was over!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: johnneycool on May 23, 2016, 11:19:35 AM

I thought wee Marty went a bit over the top when the Derry and Tyrone lads engaged in a bit of pushing and shoving along the sideline in the first 5 minutes when no real harm was done.
He always does it, every bloody time, the slightest bit of jostling and he goes all Mrs Lovejoy about it.

For all the sometimes deserved stick Canning gets about his commentary I've always found Morrissey far more annoying, but he seems to get away lightly on it because he's good old Marty.

Esmarelda

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 23, 2016, 01:07:50 AM

Sometimes it's a big, huge one.

seafoid

Quote from: Esmarelda on May 23, 2016, 11:50:41 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 23, 2016, 01:07:50 AM

Sometimes it's a big, huge one.
He is so bland. The way he reacted to Armagh in 02 and Tyrone in 03, probably two of the top 10  sporting events in Ireland  in the last 20 years, was appalling .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Canalman

Bugs me somewhat to hear commentators referring to players' nicknames while commentating. Wonder if they ever asked the players in question whether they like it or not. One thing to have a nickname mates might use but imo another thing to have a complete stranger spouting it on a commentary.

Jinxy

I don't mind them using the players nicknames.
It's when they use their nicknames AND their real names AT THE SAME TIME that annoys me.  >:(
"Colm 'Gooch' Cooper", for example.