The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

regal

Dublin were desperately ill disciplined today. The antics of cooper and McMahon were disgraceful. I presumed Davy Byrne was the most sickening dub in that panel, but I am reviewing that at the moment!

screenexile

Is it just me or were the Dubs oléing before HT the  coked up soccer bastids??

Wildweasel74

I thought bastick was a black during the game but on 2nd viewing he actually cant see Moran or know where his legs are going, the other Black card was not one either but some other tackles during the game were.

Nihilist

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 11:47:53 PM

Yep - they sure were

orangeman

Quote from: regal on August 30, 2015, 11:47:00 PM
Dublin were desperately ill disciplined today. The antics of cooper and McMahon were disgraceful. I presumed Davy Byrne was the most sickening dub in that panel, but I am reviewing that at the moment!

On a serious note, is he back on the panel ?.

Canalman

Quote from: Nihilist on August 30, 2015, 11:49:49 PM

Yep - they sure were

Don't like it myself. It was a response to the Mayo fans booing the keepball being played by Dublin.

Welly Man

Quote from: blanketattack on August 30, 2015, 11:40:56 PM
Quote from: Welly Man on August 30, 2015, 11:26:54 PM
Striking and attempted striking carry exactly the same punishment, category 2 infraction, rule 5.1...so many 'experts' on here who havent the first clue what theyre talking about

Yes but if the ref has striking down in his report and you prove attempted striking you'll get off and vice versa.
That cant possibly be right. Is there a precedence for this or are the home learned law degrees coming to the fore again? If its true then surely the cccc(ccccc....) are many times worse than i imagined

Teo Lurley

Hhahahaha they were doing that actually and I'm sure the Mayo fans can tell you it wasn't so nice when the Dubs were 7 points up and rubbing it in to the Mayo supporters.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Welly Man on August 30, 2015, 11:53:49 PM
Striking and attempted striking carry exactly the same punishment, category 2 infraction, rule 5.1...so many 'experts' on here who havent the first clue what theyre talking about

Yes but if the ref has striking down in his report and you prove attempted striking you'll get off and vice versa.
That cant possibly be right. Is there a precedence for this or are the home learned law degrees coming to the fore again? If its true then surely the cccc(ccccc....) are many times worse than i imagined

I don't know the answer to this but under what technicality was Kevin Keane's red card for a clear punch rescinded? Is there a precedent there?
That was never a square ball!!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: orangeman on August 30, 2015, 11:52:31 PM
Quote from: regal on August 30, 2015, 11:47:00 PM

On a serious note, is he back on the panel ?.

He was warming up before the Fermanagh game, ..................... Regal I cannot wait for your report on which Dublin player sickens you the most  ::) ::)

Canalman

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 30, 2015, 11:55:41 PM
Quote from: Welly Man on August 30, 2015, 11:53:49 PM

I don't know the answer to this but under what technicality was Kevin Keane's red card for a clear punch rescinded? Is there a precedent there?

Don't know the answer. Would suspect the Dublin Co Board will be curious to clarify the reasons though.

ONeill

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 11:54:58 PM

Hhahahaha they were doing that actually and I'm sure the Mayo fans can tell you it wasn't so nice when the Dubs were 7 points up and rubbing it in to the Mayo supporters.

Bollocks...it was a sarcastic ole. Dublin were being unadventurous and the Hill responded sarcastically.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

east down gael

They'd know well from getting Connollys red against donegal in semi final of 2011 struck out.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2015, 11:59:19 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 30, 2015, 11:54:58 PM

Bollocks...it was a sarcastic ole. Dublin were being unadventurous and the Hill responded sarcastically.

Come on, the Dubs on the Hill can't even spell sarcastic.

moysider

Some crazy opinions about what happened out there today.

There is a massive problem with Dublin playing in CP. With the possible exception of Kerry, they see themselves as the alpha male or biggest wolf on their own lot and crank it up. That was what I had in mind last week when I was talking about the CP advantage and refereeing.

By refereeing I mean all the officials. McQuillan got no heads-up from his Hill 16 officials in first half when McLoughlin, O Shea and O Connor were being held, dragged and wrestled to the ground. Cooper and O Carroll in particular fouled with impunity and got away with it - knowing they would. I d have checked out the umpires myself if I were Dublin management. Will an umpire shop a Dublin defender in front of the hill?

Now some comedians want COC to be suspended for swinging around to umpire after being systematically fouled from throw- in. You couldn t make this shit up. The old veil of 'written in the stars and all that crap' has certainly shifted.

Even before his ball/leg breaker, Cooper should have been on a yellow. Ditto O Carroll before he needed stitches. But the umpires hadn t the balls to do their job because they were intimidated by the Hill - the soft basrards. McQuillan needs to look at his umpires. He chooses them. On this occasion they landed him in the lurch.